Topic: Can't see any server (probably because I'm connecting through a proxy)

I just installed TeeWorlds and there are not any server. I'm connecting to the internet with a proxy, so I think this should be whats causing this issue.

Is there a way of configuring the proxy settings of TeeWorlds? Is there any other way of solving this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Can't see any server (probably because I'm connecting through a proxy)

0rion wrote:

I just installed TeeWorlds and there are not any server. I'm connecting to the internet with a proxy, so I think this should be whats causing this issue.

Is there a way of configuring the proxy settings of TeeWorlds? Is there any other way of solving this issue?

Thanks in advance.

The proxy is probably HTTP or TCP only, but Teeworlds needs UDP. Can you determine the type of proxy?

Yes, the proxy is HTTP.

Your proxy does not support playing games, but only surfing the web.

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

5 (edited by Netherland 2015-09-23 16:12:48)

teewebs.net JavaScript Port

eeeee wrote:

Communication with the game server is carried over the WebSockets protocol as it's not currently possible to use UDP from a web browser directly.
~
WebSockets is TCP based, so while it has acceptable performance on good connections, it works extremely poorly on connections which have even minimal amount of dropped packets.

Even without using a (free, public) proxy this is semi-unplayable, so good luck.

privet

Ok thats pretty bad news. Well, now I'm trying to run a local server. I'm running Debian 8 and I installed teeworlds-server.

The problem is that when I run it it throws "WARNING: No master servers. Retrying in 60 seconds". In my home directory I created a script named "teeworlds_srv.cfg" with the next conent:

sv_name Peace and Love
sv_motd Welcome to Woodstock server!
sv_gametype ctf
sv_warmup 0
sv_map dm1
sv_max_clients 16
sv_scorelimit 1000
sv_rcon_password tee
sv_port 8303

Thanks in advance.