Topic: Map rotation and new set of configs per round

I've been playing for a while now and I believe there is no way to use sv_maprotation and make sure the server has the proper configs for each map.

If you set "sv_maprotation ctf1 ctf2 ctf3" then you'll end up with a poorly set sv_spectatorslots for each map, for example.

So my question is: there is no way to have a map&config rotation as of now, right? Shouldn't there be one?

(even if most old servers don't use this option, map rotation is a nice way to introduce maps to new players - but nobody should be playing ctf1 with 15 other players)

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

Re: Map rotation and new set of configs per round

You're right, there's currently no way to do that with the vanilla server.

maybe we want to "import" that ddnet feature to use data/maps/<mapname>.cfg and data/maps/<mapname>.map.cfg in combination to (and after) the autoexec.cfg
I can do a pull request containing that feature

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

This is one of those "the developers don't actually play the vanilla game so they don't really understand the importance of" things. Work-around is to vote for cfg files but this is not very friendly to newbies. Nothing else you can do, really.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Thanks KingofTW

you can vote for "exec map_config" and insert as last line in map_config the change_map xxx

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)