Topic: [REQUEST] Please license your work!

Hello,

It's really awesome to see artists like you guys sharing their work with the community. I also appreciate that you want others to use it. However, the liability of using unlicensed work is ambiguous at best. According to Berne copyright convention, any work is a copyright of the author, even if he doesn't include a copyright notice. This makes others not liable to use, copy or edit your work, which is probably not what you want. So please be explicit about what permissions you want to grant regarding your work. You can do this by mentioning what license your work is released under.

There are several ready made licenses to choose from. Do some research and pick one based on how you want people to use your work. If you want a suggestion, I believe Creative Commons is a good choice.

PS: I've written this because I want to publish some demos I recorded, so I need to use graphics that is free to remix.

Meuhmeuhmeuh xD

Re: [REQUEST] Please license your work!

Couldn't agree more.
@Mods: Make this a sticky post?

Baklava wrote:

PS: I've written this because I want to publish some demos I recorded, so I need to use graphics that is free to remix.

That'd be the correct way to do it, however, I don't think people will blame you if you're uploading demos smile.

Please delete my account.

Re: [REQUEST] Please license your work!

I agree that this is important. Stickied.