1 (edited by SandSnake 2018-04-23 09:11:26)

Topic: [MOD] Survival CTF - No respawn

Survival CTF

Hi Tees! smile
STOP run thoughtlessly like mad monkey in classic CTF and START playing like silent snake in Survival CTF . In classic CTF you are immortal. In Survival CTF you must be careful, change tactic and plan according to situation.

Rules of the mod:
-No respawn before capute the flag or one team destruction.

A little while ago I wrote a topic with idea for mod. As I'm a snake it would be very hard for me to write this mod so I asked for help. On my hiss respond heinrich5991 and xush. heinrich5991 version is already done and hosted. Just put "Survival CTF" in server search, but remember to turn off "Standard game type" and "Has a players" options.

Here is link for source heinrich5991 version - ready to host and play.
Here is link for source xush version - paused.

Im very happy because I spoke with someone who want make another version. smile

Maybe in future somebody will make version with lives - for example 5 lifes for whole game. smile

Re: [MOD] Survival CTF - No respawn

SandSnake requested that you don't get the kill delay if you were the last player alive.

3 (edited by Theolol 2015-09-06 18:33:14)

In addition you should have some seconds to move back to your base when you are the last player alive. Happend several times that I was the last one standing but couldn't make it back to our base because of the instant respawn of 3 persons, which leads to spectating the entire new round big_smile

4 (edited by SandSnake 2015-09-06 19:26:24)

Theolol that's good idea, I've also thought about this problem - player intentionally wants fight in its base to immediately kill enemy during other players respawn. I'll write to heinrich5991 - author of the mod in this matter. smile

Theolol wrote:

In addition you should have some seconds to move back to your base when you are the last player alive. Happend several times that I was the last one standing but couldn't make it back to our base because of the instant respawn of 3 persons, which leads to spectating the entire new round big_smile

You have to be careful with that though, because you might be able to capture the flag if the respawn takes too long...

I think it be solved by no starts next round when everybody in one team be beaten - if last player have flag - it returns to base after 3 sec or if player capute the flag - next round automatically starts. And I think delay should be include only when one team be defeated.

It seems weird to me that killing everyone on the other team counts as a full flag capture. I was playing on a server with 4 of rand()'s bots, and most of the team points were just from all the bots killing one another.

I've got two FNG maps which are close to ready for public release, hopefully they'll be on the forums soon! Aforementioned maps are on the back burner. Still doing mapping, but have higher priority map projects.
It should never take 45 seconds to download a map for anyone with a decent connection.

Deku / mint-pi wrote:

It seems weird to me that killing everyone on the other team counts as a full flag capture. I was playing on a server with 4 of rand()'s bots, and most of the team points were just from all the bots killing one another.

Yea, that does indeed count as flag capture – the reasoning was: if all enemies are dead, surely it's no problem to capture the flag once, as the enemies won't respawn until you do that.

I wonder if this could be made into a TDM gametype. This would solve the awkwardness mentioned by Deku, I think.

A is for Apple.

Oblique. wrote:

I wonder if this could be made into a TDM gametype. This would solve the awkwardness mentioned by Deku, I think.

Can you elaborate? What semantics would you change?

You could try removing the flags, so that it's just two teams against another, each trying to kill all the opposing team members first.

A is for Apple.

Oblique. wrote:

You could try removing the flags, so that it's just two teams against another, each trying to kill all the opposing team members first.

Good idea! I think we will have that gametype in 0.7 as a standard gametype, named SUR or LMS.

13 (edited by rand() 2015-10-01 11:12:46)

LMS=Last Man Standing
SUR=Team LMS

I suggest EL/TEL for "Elimination" and "Team Elimination". It has the advantage that the mode names are related and is the same sort of naming convention as DM/TDM. "LMS" and "SUR" look nothing related, and "SUR" is a little bit too vague.

I've got two FNG maps which are close to ready for public release, hopefully they'll be on the forums soon! Aforementioned maps are on the back burner. Still doing mapping, but have higher priority map projects.
It should never take 45 seconds to download a map for anyone with a decent connection.