26 (edited by Deepfinder 2015-08-29 20:36:05)

Re: [MOD] Counter-strike: Tee Time (Discontinued)

I like the mod, but i hate the map.. so small and ugly.
Maybe u can create a map, looks like the "battlefield"-mod maps?

I will be banned if I troll again ...

Deepfinder wrote:

I like the mod, but i hate the map.. so small and ugly.
Maybe u can create a map, looks like the "battlefield"-mod maps?

Yea, I'm working on a new map but, unfortunately, it's gonna be even uglier than the last one. tongue

I think reworking some ctf maps like ctf6 or maybe ctf2 would be nice.
Only problem is, I don't have any graphics for it..

I don't project my insecurities on other people.

29 (edited by Theolol 2015-08-30 18:34:07)

Dr.Dre wrote:

I think reworking some ctf maps like ctf6 or maybe ctf2 would be nice.
Only problem is, I don't have any graphics for it..

I don't think that ctf maps are the best choice for this mod tbh. Imo it's absolutely okay to have an asymmetrical map since CS:GO maps arn't symmetrical either.

What type of graphics are you refering to? Could be easily done with the standard mapres, right?

P.S: Is there any way to reload? That would be kinda nice big_smile

Theolol wrote:

I don't think that ctf maps are the best choice for this mod tbh. Imo it's absolutely okay to have an asymmetrical map since CS:GO maps arn't symmetrical either.

What type of graphics are you refering to? Could be easily done with the standard mapres, right?

P.S: Is there any way to reload? That would be kinda nice big_smile

Fully agree with this, asymmetrical maps will most likely be the best maps for this mod, just needs to be balanced a bit, symmetrical maps are less fun IMO.

Shields are ammo clips, weapon ammo is bullets in the current clip, pickup armor pickups or kill other tees and hope they drop their ammo smile

privet

Netherland wrote:

Shields are ammo clips, weapon ammo is bullets in the current clip, pickup armor pickups or kill other tees and hope they drop their ammo smile

Sure but I meant something like pressing "R" will force you to lose 1 shield, but give you full magazine in return :-)

Theolol wrote:
Netherland wrote:

Sure but I meant something like pressing "R" will force you to lose 1 shield, but give you full magazine in return :-)

If you bind self kill to R it can be used to reload. Remaining bullets from the clip are added to ammo reserved in clips, so you won't actually lose any bullets (standard(?) reloading system).

The maps just need bomb sites (blue flags) and respawn points. I saved the laser wall & release entities from KF but they doesn't fit this mod that well.

Siile wrote:

If you bind self kill to R it can be used to reload.

Thanks, that was what I wanted to hear :-D
I'm not quite sure but I guess lower "money" values would simply be more teeish. Like instead of having to pay 100, you could decrease the prices down to 5,3,2 or something similiar. Ofc decreasing the income as well.

The mod has some issues. Dying players will have to watch other tees shooting around for a while. Spectating is nicely done (following automatically the most interesting player in your team), but the wait time (short as it is) is not nice if you really want to kill something. The same goes for players joining in the middle of round.

Other issue is the weapons. They are fairly well balanced at the moment (all except under powered laser rifle) but players can't see the invisible differences (they sure can feel the difference when someone kills them easily with heavy assault rifle or magnum 9000). Weapon ranges / other tactical advantages will become clear after couple of rounds, but that's too late if player left after the first death.

Good mod but not that player friendly. If you want tactical, challenging but a bit unforgiving gameplay, try this mod. If you like the weapons and other changes, just wait for a couple of weeks for the casual version.

I set up a server with Siile. Server location is Frankfurt, Germany and it's a really good connection. if this mod becomes more popular (and/or my new mod is released), I will add some more instances. currently only 185.26.156.44:65011.

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Good work, i like it very much. It's much more tactics than normal game play. If you have not tested it yet, do it NOW wink

I've done some map graphics in the style of CS ... but the map is not done yet.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Test version of Landil's new map is now there. It might not be finished but it's still a lot better than the previous ones.

Official server (Schwertspize's):
185.26.156.44:65011

I like the new map! ^-^

I will be banned if I troll again ...

Screenshot:
http://i.solidfiles.net/581decce10.png

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

40 (edited by Siile 2015-10-29 08:20:32)

Download win32 & unix

Version 1.1, includes config file for both CS:TT & CS:BB

edit. download link to latest version

Version 1.1
  • New gamemode: Base Bombing

• AI improved a bit

• Balancing

• Other minor improvements

Rules and gameplay logic for Base Bombing:

Blue dot points to the base (flag). Follow it and shoot your enemies.

First team in the base alone for 3 seconds gets to be the defending team. Defending team must hold the base until time runs out.

Attacking team has to plant the bomb to the base. Any of attacking players can do this.

If the defending team defuses the bomb, they score.

42 (edited by Siile 2015-09-12 12:41:03)

Weapons

Hammer

• damage: 15

Katana

• damage: 20

Pistol

• damage: 11

• clip size: 7

Magnum .9000

• damage: 19

• clip size: 6

Assault rifle

• damage: 13

• clip size: 20

Heavy assault rifle

• damage: 22

Lightning rifle

• damage: 8 / lightning ray

Storm rifle

• damage: 7 / lightning ray

Laser rifle

• damage: 18

Doom ray

• damage: 15 + explosion

• clip size: 4

Grenade launcher

• damage: 8 + explosions

Doom launcher

• damage: 12 + explosions

• clip size: 4

Double barrel shotgun

• damage: 6

• clip size: 2

Combat shotgun

• damage: 7

• clip size: 10

Explosion damage: 15 vs. vanilla's 6

Storm rifle in action (also grenade's explosion):
http://ninslash.com/goreclient/CSBB_storm.jpg

Did some minor improvements and balanced sword a bit. Now you can't fly around the map with the sword but it does a bit higher damage. Download also updated.

I'm really interested in the AI you've made. Could you provide any more information about it? What kind of pathfinding is it using? How did you make the bots imperfect with the aim? Any behaviour tree implemented? How are bots selecting tasks?

C++/Java my life ^^
If you like dislike button click it
NOW!

kittyPL wrote:

I'm really interested in the AI you've made. Could you provide any more information about it? What kind of pathfinding is it using? How did you make the bots imperfect with the aim? Any behaviour tree implemented? How are bots selecting tasks?

Path finding is still very simple. It just checks tiles until the destination is found. No path weights or anything fancy. Once the path is found AI sets waypoint to farthest visible point along the way. I'm replacing some parts of the pathfinding with auto generated waypoints at some point.

Direction distortion:
m_Direction = vec2(DirectionOfTarget.x+DistanceToTarget*(frandom()*0.3f-frandom()*0.3f), DirectionOfTarget.y+DistanceToTarget*(frandom()*0.3f-frandom()*0.3f));

So the bot aim is just randomized a bit.

AI behaviour for CS:TT:

Red team:

if (Bomb && Bomb->m_Status != BOMB_CARRYING)
    m_TargetPos = Bomb->m_Pos;
else
{
    if (Bomb->m_pCarryingCharacter == Player()->GetCharacter())
        SeekBombArea();
    else
    if (SeekClosestEnemy())
    {
    }
}

Blue team:

if (Bomb && Bomb->m_Status == BOMB_PLANTED)
    m_TargetPos = Bomb->m_Pos;
else
{
    SeekBombArea();

// ...unless we're near it
    if (distance(m_Pos, m_TargetPos) < 1800)
    {
        if (SeekClosestEnemy())
        {
        }
    }
}

https://github.com/Siile/CSTT/blob/mast … stt_ai.cpp

I host 2 servers

Counter-Strike: Tee Time: 108.61.177.59:8305
Counter-Strike: Base Bombing: 108.61.177.59:8306

I updated the AI yesterday. Now it uses better path finding and behaves a bit differently. AI's hook moving is still kinda bad, I'll try to improve it in near future.

48 (edited by Siile 2015-10-28 22:56:42)

Improved AI again, added 2 new weapons and added recoil to some of the weapons.

CS:BB is now a lot faster.

Download:

win32 & unix, CSTT & CSBB v1.3

Da da daaaa da da, I'm loving it.

Maybe I can help you with pathfinding at some time (quite occupied atm). Here is some inspiration for you ^^:
http://i.solidfiles.net/927ce78323.png

Luck is allowed