Topic: Create a bot

Hello.
I want to know how to create a bot totaly controlled by the computer.

PS : Sorry for my bad English

2 (edited by Kirbs 2015-06-15 22:17:11)

Re: Create a bot

I'm not sure what you mean, but there are some already like this around, otherwise it would be very hard to create one. I'm not completely sure if you mean "how to make" or "how to put" a bot.

If you mean how to make one do stuff in a place,

Try searching around and seeing what you can find, plus there are some servers with vanilla bots already up.

**If you mean't the other thing, then this post is useless**

P.S: I'm pretty sure that it would be a long discussion for someone to tell you how to "create" an AI controlled player ^^

no

I mean "how to make a bot".
I know that it's not easy to do that but it's what I want to try to do.
I have search how to do that on the net but I don't find easily that's why I ask you.
If you know a site with the explanation I search, it will be good ^^
To do what I want, I think that I have to know how to program and it's the case.

Thank you for your answer

I'm trying to make a bot.
Basically, i use the teeworlds source from there https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds
Then i modified the client so that instead of using user input, the client computes its own input.

So, you should read a large part of teeworlds code, understand the way it works and then hack wink

Or, you can do it from scratch after assimilate tw network protocol tongue

You modified directly the source code ? I'll try to do that.
But I don't understand why there are files .lua and .py. In which language is it ?
Also, which libraries are used ? I think that SDL is used but are there others ?

Thank you for your help

there are scripts that generate some source files in python and scripts to compile everything in lua.
Read https://www.teeworlds.com/?page=docs&am … everything for the requirement.

Thank you very much for your help. I'll try this and I'll tell you if I have others problems.