Topic: a few things that may attract the TW community to play more vanilla

(Sorry for grammar, I'm don't care much about my language mistakes more than my explained ideas.)

So here's a few things that *may* attract the TW community to play more of vanilla , [to my opinion]:
* Population ? : So I find this really common, once a server is more than half filled, people seem to ignore the other servers that have less players on and click on that server, It's true ! Even I do it ! Gamers seem to love populated servers , a server that survives for long enough ! But due to this , vanilla servers lose their (hype? and) FunForPlay mesure (that's how I call it) , because gamers find the others servers close to full while they play on a poor populated server, what's the result ? -> "QUICK I WANNA GET THAT FREE SPOT IN THE SERVER BEFORE IT GOES FULL !" Though it's not that shareable fact but it's true !
* Newbies : No offence to new members and players , but with no tutorial when they first get to the game , they can be a total nerve-crackers especially in CTF games, thank god they are not everywhere but they can surely harm the community of a server or simply quits TW , so what's the common solution ? A modded server that new players can't find in their server list (gamers hoped) .
New players though can be used to populate the vanilla servers , for example , instead of getting them to download the client right away, a guide page / video can follow the files downloaded or the page of the download.
*Gameplay updates, this is already discussed about so I won't say anymore than this .

Not Magic.Just Luck.

Re: a few things that may attract the TW community to play more vanilla

I think it has nothing to do with teeworlds..it's the community..

Programming is similar to sex. If you make a mistake, you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Split this discussion from The Great Revival Initiative.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

4 (edited by Kirbs 2015-06-10 23:25:14)

You don't care about your grammar mistakes, which makes this post seem completely useless to me as it is near unreadable...
I can see that this is trying to list some things that may attract the TW community to play more vanilla, but... exactly what.

If someone would explain, please

no

Why can't we have official (highlighted) servers.
Just like the sticky posts. The have a highlight and are important (and official).

It would work more for me, a highlighted server at the top.
I try to play vanilla most of the time, even though I forget it.

No hate please, just thinking about some stuff to help the community.

I don't project my insecurities on other people.

I like the idea, but would it really bring any benefit? I think it would just increase the upkeep for TW for no real reason, wouldn't it?

Loving TW since 2010 smile

What do you mean with that? How will it increase the upkeep?

I mean, someone will have to host these servers, so someone will have to pay for it. If they are official, the devs probably would be these guys.
And would it really bring any benefit? I mean, I don't think there would be more vanilla players just because there are official server at the top of the list. Newbies are playing vanilla regardless, until they discover that they can uncheck "only standard gamemodes" and veteran players play what mode they want, anyway.

Loving TW since 2010 smile

Maybe, but I don't think so.