Re: Teeworlds on Steam

@heinrich: Yeah, already thought that...

@Trailer: I really liked how you solved the thing with the mods. I'd like to hear an official statement regarding this, but I think it is a very good solution which doesn't put the focus on mods.

The gameplay is decent, maybe you could replace some ctf5 sequences with other maps (e.g. ctf6, ctf2...).

I am not sure about the music, though. It's about personal taste, I know, but I think the "epic" music of Casualtee would suit a broader audience, for example. Or the music of Sateesfaction would fit Teeworld's style better.

Loving TW since 2010 smile

202 (edited by Oblique. 2015-06-29 03:03:36)

Abridged:
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/1cl0vcgf … redits.avi

If you want demos of other maps, send them to me.

EDIT:
Added credits.

A is for Apple.

Where is sounds?

Looks amazing, but yes. Where is the sound?

I don't project my insecurities on other people.

JonastheRoman wrote:

@Trailer: I really liked how you solved the thing with the mods. I'd like to hear an official statement regarding this, but I think it is a very good solution which doesn't put the focus on mods.

I think the way mods are shown in the video is fine.

206 (edited by Fifi 2015-06-29 12:44:18)

heinrich5991 wrote:

I think mentioning that mods exists is probably the minimum we should do.

Thank you. smile

JonastheRoman wrote:

Maybe it would be better with some kind of notice that this grid of scenes is made of mods, but it's already great anyway. Thank you for finding the best solution, It never occured to me that we could solve it this way. smile

About the slower scenes - I think that keeping some of them (after more dynamic first scenes) might be useful, because the average players would not feel overwhelmed and it will be possible to see how a typical game actually looks. wink

Sound? sad
Custom Skins? sad

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

I shortened the graphics part, Kirby will reapply the sound.
How do you want me to do custom skins? Still not entirely sure what that means/entails.

A is for Apple.

Oblique. wrote:

I shortened the graphics part, Kirby will reapply the sound.
How do you want me to do custom skins? Still not entirely sure what that means/entails.

There must be no custom skin, only default ones.

I wasn't around to redo the sound yesterday with the shorter version. Sorry >.<

So... Should I wait for Oblique to rerecord almost every single scene? Since most of them had custom skins.. (All of my clips, all of HMH's clips, a few of Oblique's clips, none of Dr. Dre's as far as I know.) After I know, i can start to put all of my little sounds back things back.
Anyhow, I'll wait for a response.

sarcasm//I think some people didn't get that Oblique wasn't doing the sound, because they wondered where the sound was when Oblique put that abridged version up tongue (He should've sent it to me before putting the no-sound version here anyway tongue)//sarcasm

no

211 (edited by Zatline 2015-06-29 21:35:19)

Oblique. wrote:

Abridged:
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/1cl0vcgf … redits.avi

If you want demos of other maps, send them to me.

EDIT:
Added credits.

nice ideas but there are several stuff that bothers me ...
1st;  I wouldn't show custum skins at least not as long as they aren't teeish, this means when you show costum skins only show skins that could prolly be official ones! otherwise don't show it.
2nd; no music, where did the music go?
3rd; ending sequence should look more intresting ... it doesn't look very professional. sad

1) Well, I thought the idea of "custom skins" was to show that the skins were fully customizable. If you just want the official (or close to official) ones, I suppose I could rerecord the parts without HMH's skin (if that's the only one you mean).
2) The music is all done by Kirby, and he might as well just wait for me to fix the video before applying the sound again.
3) How do you want the credits to be shown?

Please don't expect this to be done anytime soon, as I'm pretty busy with summer classes and all that crap. So yeah, it's going to take a while.

A is for Apple.

213 (edited by Zatline 2015-06-30 13:18:47)

Oblique. wrote:

3) How do you want the credits to be shown?

The typo should look more like the official type or ... cuz the way you colorized it did not fit that well ... so there are basicaly two options for it.

op. 1; make it simple, means -> black and white, you cuz black and whith did always work

op. 2; I could make the typo, I think there should be a Photoshop file somewehre on the cloud with the official typography

alternative; you could send me all demos and all necessary stuff so that I could try to kinda redo the trailer, maybe I can drag SkizZ on board cuz he just became a master at editing after he stoped playing TW and continued with Call of Duty and Battlefield. Hete a small lil glimpse of his skills. big_smile

214 (edited by Oblique. 2015-06-30 15:39:31)

Zatline wrote:

op. 1; make it simple, means -> black and white, you cuz black and whith did always work

Are you sure you have the latest one? I changed the credits in the abridged version. And they're black and white big_smile

And btw, rerecording the demos did not take me nearly as long as I expected (took me late last night, though), and I'll send it over later today.

Just remember that I'm really just an idiot when it comes to video editing. If you really want, I guess I can send you guys some of the clips and stuff, just tell me what you need.

A is for Apple.

215 (edited by Zatline 2015-06-30 19:20:41)

Oblique. wrote:

If you really want, I guess I can send you guys some of the clips and stuff, just tell me what you need.

hmm not sure but, guess some clips would be a good way to start. ^^

I just want to say Landil's post are best and most informative ^^

217 (edited by Oblique. 2015-06-30 21:48:38)

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/mmxscadt … erCP26.avi

Substituted HMH's skin (sorry) with several other official skins, added in some of Sonix's demos. I also fixed the funky resolution on Kirby's BADAS demo (he knows what I'm talking about).

Be aware that there will be no sound until Kirby gets around to it.

A is for Apple.

218 (edited by Zatline 2015-06-30 23:57:32)

btw Oblique. what map is this at 2:30? it looks well designed and kind of balanced!  big_smile

I kind of had to map that one out myself at the last minute big_smile
It's funny that you asked because I was planning to release it sometime soon (thanks for reminding me smile). I'm glad you like it!

A is for Apple.

Damn didn't notice that there was a custom skin appearing on my demo..

Sonix wrote:

Damn didn't notice that there was a custom skin appearing on my demo..

I think he's a coala now.
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/74r46oc2 … erCP27.avi

A is for Apple.

The intro looks good. The gameplay could be better, more interesting, some more dm, different maps/themes...

It's good that there're no player names - though the shown broadcast and scoreboard should be removed as well.

The part with the map editor feels a bit weird, probably better to zoom out some more and skip the brush selections. And best would be to rebuild some official maps and then morph into actual gameplay.

Landil wrote:

If possible one should only see stuff you can see and use, when you use official files (client, server, maps skins ...

/sign

encypruon wrote:

In the discussion someone brought up the idea of creating a little intro to the GUI and especially the server browser. I think an easier and more efficient way to help new players get across the entry barrier of finding a proper server might be creating an "instant vanilla action" button, that automates the server selection process and picks the "best" vanilla server available. I'm really concerned that a lot of new players might join servers with high ping, few players, too many players, weird maps, servers where they get kicked instantly by a bunch of idiots who're claiming the server for themselves, servers with too many good players for the newbies to have a chance or mods they don't understand without explanation.

Magnet and I talked about such a feature in the past. There's an issue on github.

Remember the 80s - good times smile

223 (edited by JonastheRoman 2015-07-01 14:18:52)

Oy wrote:

The part with the map editor feels a bit weird, probably better to zoom out some more and skip the brush selections. And best would be to rebuild some official maps and then morph into actual gameplay.

I don't know, but rebuilding official maps seems a bit senseless. The appeal of the editor is to build your own maps, and that should be shown off, I think. I liked how he combined the custom map with hosting an own server, also.
After all, it was just a small portion of gameplay on the custom map.
Edit: Well, new players can't distinguish custom from official maps anyway, so as long as a different map from the previous showed ones gets build in the editor, it should be fine (for new players).

Loving TW since 2010 smile

Anybody know how to block out the broadcasts? Also, I'll cut out the part with the scoreboard.

A is for Apple.

225 (edited by Sonix 2015-07-01 16:11:08)

Oblique. wrote:

Anybody know how to block out the broadcasts? Also, I'll cut out the part with the scoreboard.

try "cl_show_broadcasts 0" in F1 (with DDnet client)