276 (edited by 2015-07-16 15:12:07)

Re: Teeworlds on Steam

Oblique. wrote:
Kirby [!Pixlez!] wrote:

Written text. Oblique could just show one of those lyrics on screen for a few seconds, then take it down, then put a different up, in certain intervals. Then the lyrics wouldn't be so annoying, because they wouldn't be there, but the message would still get through.

What is there to explain? Teeworlds is pretty straightforward.

Well, maybe he wants to say that we are supposed to introduce teeworlds in a more structured way, e.g. by introducing the weapons one after another ... , then showing and naming the game types. ...

@oblique Do you have the audio tracks of the demos? Maybe I can mix a part of the into the soundtrack?

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Landil wrote:
IcyPRO wrote:

Lyrics in a game trailer song? Uhh, that doesn't seem to be fitting tbh..

"Run, Fight, kill, capture"
But I removed it and I am working on a chiptune-rock song without lyrics. So please chillax

I am perfectly chill, don't worry about that. I was just stating my opinion.
I know you're doing a good job and I already can't wait to add Teeworlds to my Steam library! wink

Landil wrote:

Well, maybe he wants to say that we are supposed to introduce teeworlds in a more structured way, e.g. by introducing the weapons one after another ... , then showing and naming the game types. ...

Although it may be more structured, I'm afraid that it will seem too presented. More like a introduction or tutorial than an actual game trailer. And personally, I like the idea of a game trailer more.

Landil wrote:

@oblique Do you have the audio tracks of the demos? Maybe I can mix a part of the into the soundtrack?

No, I don't. Sorry sad
Tell which scenes you need the sound for, and I'll rerecord them and send them to you.

A is for Apple.

Landil wrote:

I think people will get more interested if they don't yet know everything about the game from the trailer, but just get a brief glimpse at gameplay scenes which leave questions open, to explore the game itself.

Loving TW since 2010 smile

Oblique. wrote:
Landil wrote:

No, I don't. Sorry sad
Tell which scenes you need the sound for, and I'll rerecord them and send them to you.

Just gimme the sounds of the first demo pls. I would like to test how it sounds with real game sounds.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

Sound + video
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/83jpbb2j … hSound.avi

Only Sound
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/yb25ba8j … ySound.avi

A is for Apple.

282 (edited by Kirbs 2015-07-17 23:14:14)

Oblique. wrote:

What is there to explain? Teeworlds is pretty straightforward.

... If you couldn't tell, I was replying to Zargon

Honestly I can't see anything set in stone, so I'll keep around for a while to see if you actually want me to do sound, and just have landil for the music instead of previous music, which I thought fit pretty well yikes

I mean thats obvious but still

no

Teetow made a track for a trailer long time ago: link

Remember the 80s - good times smile

Oy wrote:

Teetow made a track for a trailer long time ago: link

Oh hey that sounds great and fitting.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

285 (edited by Dr.Dre 2015-07-18 14:55:08)

It is a Drum and Bass remix from the Teeworlds background music big_smile
Drum and Bass is always the best for game trailers.

I don't project my insecurities on other people.

286 (edited by Landil 2015-07-22 09:44:04)

working on the trailer sound

The song is a first draft. Especially the rythm guitar needs to get recorded with a real guitar. Several chords are just wild cards and will/might get a some attention and variation. The song is not that complex as I do think it is supposed to be in the background and the full attention should go to the game play and partly to the game sounds.

@Oblique: If you are able to record all the game sounds, kirby and I would be very pleased. smile So all demo game play sounds are needed. I know there are some slowmotion fx which we need to take care of, too.
Besides, I really like the last animation, when the tee is walking in and out. Maybe you could create two or three of 'em and make the "credits" part out of these animations. It would fit much better to the overall video style.

The first part of the song is for the trailer itself, the second part for the credits. The jungle ambiance sounds needs some CC-BY attribution, which should be included into the credits.

Links to the song and the song incl. the game sounds (of the first vid)
Please Do NOT install any software!
https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfi … kirby2.mp3
https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfi … kirby1.mp3

video preview incl. game sound of 1st vid
Google Drive

While working on the song I tested it on some youngsters (17-19 yrs )and asked them what the song sounds like. Most of them associated it with some kind of retro super mario. None of them has seen any video footage.

Edit: please do not install any software when downloading the a.m. files. Any suggestion for an easy file host?
Edit 2: Does anyone have Apple's Logic Pro or Logic Studio? I need to convert a garageband properly into another format.

@Landil when using solidfiles you can link the files directly, so users will immediately download the file when clicking.
Your files:
https://s01.solidfilesusercontent.com/M … kirby1.mp3
https://s02.solidfilesusercontent.com/N … kirby2.mp3

These should work. That way nobody should get confused by ads. Apart from that I found zippyshare to be a pretty good hoster. Or just use Google Drive or dropbox links.

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

I think the song is perfect (thanks for working so hard, Landil), but it doesn't seem to mesh well with the ingame sounds. Maybe you could only include specific sounds like grenade explosion, hammer collision, exploding/dying tees, and flag capture. I think that way it will interfere less with the actual song. I'm incredibly busy with summer classes and I hope you'll forgive me if I ask you to record the sounds for me. I've included a zip with all the demos that need sound. That way you can choose which sounds to include and exclude by deleting the unwanted sounds in the audio folder. They're in order of appearance in the trailer and have the time of the recorded moment in parentheses.

Demos that need sound:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rfclg … dSound.zip

A is for Apple.

I play the game now 3 years. I like it to connect to with steam. But please find a way with the Clans to invite people and not to join so easy... sad

290 (edited by mid-kid 2015-08-03 12:03:09)

heinrich5991 wrote:

for one, extracting a zip file is a non-trivial task for many people

...wow.
I don't know how these people manage to use a computer at all.

mid-kid wrote:
heinrich5991 wrote:

for one, extracting a zip file is a non-trivial task for many people

...wow.
I don't know how these people manage to use a computer at all.

Teeworlds was my first game that didn't have a .exe installer to run, and I struggled quite a bit to figure it out.
You were a beginner some day too ;)

Not Luck, Just Magic.

This is my final contribution to the trailer.
It's a tribute to the ninja power-up and the jungle theme. I cannot do any better wink. The working title was "jungle ninja", but if you have any better song title suggestions please leave a comment below or send me a PM.

Apps used:
GarageBand for iPad
SidTracker64 for iPad

Click here for the song (Cut the first 1,62 s if used for the trailer)
Click here for the credits music (if needed)

@kirby
1. I'd suggest to slow down the sound when there's an ingame slow motion. (I can't do that).
2. I do not have any time left to add the game play sounds. Maybe you find the time to record and add them (see at Obliques posts above). In my opinion Oblique is right, too many game sounds might ruin the atmosphere. But as it is a game trailer we should use game sounds!
3. If you wanna change or add sth.: 100 beats per minute
4. garageband and lossless files are available

____________________________________________________________________________________
The songs are published under a creative commons NC-BY-SA 4.0 license. (Non Commercial, Attribution, Share Alike)
As both songs use the "smooth jungle sounds", an ambient mix by nachoseli, which uses sounds from many other people, please make sure to check out their copyright (creative commons) information at http://wild-life.ambient-mixer.com/smooth-jungle-sounds
CC-BY-SA

Landil, you're the best.
Thanks so much for this awesome song, we'll see what Kirby can do with it. If I have time, I may try to record the game sounds. However, please don't expect me to do this any time soon, and I may end up not doing it at all.
Also, I'm not sure how we should credit the jungle sounds, which seem to be compiled from many different sources.

A is for Apple.

Do I understand it correctly that the only thing left to do is merge the sound with the video?

heinrich5991 wrote:

Do I understand it correctly that the only thing left to do is merge the sound with the video?

Nearly:

1. game sound recording of the vids (not all of the sounds)
2. merging it with the song
3. adding some fx e.g. sound slow motion, zapping sound ...

Landil wrote:
heinrich5991 wrote:

Nearly:

1. game sound recording of the vids (not all of the sounds)
2. merging it with the song
3. adding some fx e.g. sound slow motion, zapping sound ...

The trailer is the last thing we need for a release on Steam, by the way. smile

Oh, well then I had better hurry up. Sigh.

A is for Apple.

What's your estimated release date guys? When should we expect seeing it on Steam?
I'm not rushing you, I'm just excited and would like to know!

IcyPRO wrote:

What's your estimated release date guys? When should we expect seeing it on Steam?
I'm not rushing you, I'm just excited and would like to know!

When the trailer is ready, the release can be done (Valve won't release the game immediately IIRC, that's why there will be a delay by a few days).

Ingame sounds are done. If there are problems, let me know.
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/odvmulja … Sound2.mp4
By the way, I talked with Kirby ingame, and he says he's too busy to be able to work on the trailer.
I can modify the credits as soon as I know how to credit the sounds from Landil's song. It's best if all credits could be included in some sort of description instead of directly in the trailer.

A is for Apple.