Re: Teeworlds on Steam

Sonix wrote:
Oblique. wrote:

Anybody know how to block out the broadcasts? Also, I'll cut out the part with the scoreboard.

try "cl_show_broadcasts 0" in F1

This is not a feature of the vanilla client.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Edited tongue

JonastheRoman wrote:
Oy wrote:

The part with the map editor feels a bit weird, probably better to zoom out some more and skip the brush selections. And best would be to rebuild some official maps and then morph into actual gameplay.

I don't know, but rebuilding official maps seems a bit senseless. The appeal of the editor is to build your own maps, and that should be shown off, I think. I liked how he combined the custom map with hosting an own server, also.
After all, it was just a small portion of gameplay on the custom map.
Edit: Well, new players can't distinguish custom from official maps anyway, so as long as a different map from the previous showed ones gets build in the editor, it should be fine (for new players).

It's about showing how making a map leads to fun/action and combine the map editor and the gameplay parts. So show how the map arises in a few seconds and then morph into a demo/gameplay that uses it.

Remember the 80s - good times smile

Fixed the broadcasting and scoreboard. I replaced the scoreboard thing with about 9 frames of black to indicate that I had in fact died, at it wasn't just moving on to the next clip. Hope this works.

Also, I'm still not entirely sure how you guys would like the map editor thingy to go. I personally like it the way it is (of course), but that's not for me to decide. Recreating official maps is...just...odd. I dunno.

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/19pjg2pr … erCP28.avi

A is for Apple.

good job Oblique smile i love it! pls fix ddnet aimlines at 1:30

#yemDX is a known troll!
but onbgy is the biggest troll
and deen always trolls, he just makes it so perfect that u think hes not

231 (edited by Oblique. 2015-07-04 22:53:30)

Thanks ChillerDragon!
You have such keen eyes smile

-O-O-

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/v97s7603 … erCP29.avi

If there aren't anymore problems, I think we can apply the sound (hinthintwinkwink Kirby) and it should be done! Of course, if you notice something else, then please respond and I'll try to fix it.

A is for Apple.

232 (edited by Fifi 2015-07-06 02:49:50)

Maybe the last animation - the ending fade-out (blue one) - could be replaced with another effect? It doesn't look as professional as the rest of your video.

PS. The text screens could be shown faster (except the one with mods grid in the background). It might also be good to put "mods, maps, skins" somewhere near the "endless possibilities" caption.

Can i ask how much you did in OS X version and how long we must wait ;_; ?

karades wrote:

Can i ask how much you did in OS X version and how long we must wait ;_; ?

We still need the finished trailer and a few pictures. You can see that Oblique. and others in this thread are working on the trailer – about the OS X version: I don't really know whether the OS X version works, and it's hard to test since I don't have it.

skip to the end.
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/zz3d4ppv … erCP30.avi

A is for Apple.

236 (edited by rand() 2015-07-06 10:08:22)

@Oblique.: Is it possible to use teeworlds player slow motion instead of reduce fps on slow motion highlights ?
Btw, you did a great job smile

hell yes, please add to steam with achievements, drops and more big_smile would be awesome

Drops aren't possible for free games (as you can sell them). I don't know about achievements though, but are there really that many useful achievements for Teeworlds?
Even if, the Steam version is just aimed at giving Teeworlds a broader platform to get more players, giving the Steam version extra features would be against Teeworlds' principles, I think.
(Although I'd love a Teeworlds background for my profile. big_smile But it's very unlikely...)

Loving TW since 2010 smile

@Oblique. Thanks for informing me of the update, I would've just forgot about this if you hadn't told me lol

I'm on it!!111!1 Will post with sound ASAP.

no

240 (edited by Oblique. 2015-07-06 20:15:39)

Kirby [!Pixlez!] wrote:

@Oblique. Thanks for informing me of the update, I would've just forgot about this if you hadn't told me lol

I'm on it!!111!1 Will post with sound ASAP.

Wait, I'm rerecording the slow motion parts. It's about done.

EDIT: Okay it's done.
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/klsrkn17 … erCP31.avi

A is for Apple.

AUGH. Also, does that one have NO custom skins like they wanted it? Or are a few custom skins being in there fine with the developers?

I downloaded the other one and it had custom skins.

no

Kirby [!Pixlez!] wrote:

AUGH. Also, does that one have NO custom skins like they wanted it? Or are a few custom skins being in there fine with the developers?

I downloaded the other one and it had custom skins.

What?

A is for Apple.

243 (edited by Sonix 2015-07-06 22:13:27)

There are still custom skins visible:
min 0:27, 1:14, 1:20, 1:22 and 1:34 (the dm1 match)

Do you want them all out? If you're going to do that, then what about Zatline's tiger? This is like mutliple genocide.

A is for Apple.

245 (edited by Fifi 2015-07-07 03:26:19)

I would only remove the non-teeish one (the one with big ears xD). The bear, tiger and the hairy one seem to be ok.

Are the devs ok with all the custom skins so far besides the mouse (big ears) and the voodoo tee?

A is for Apple.

I don't know, it would be good to hear official opinion. I'm personally ok with custom skins as long as they are teeish and don't hurt my eyes. tongue

Fifi wrote:

I don't know, it would be good to hear official opinion. I'm personally ok with custom skins as long as they are teeish and don't hurt my eyes. tongue

well I'd suggest to only show official skins or at least skins that planned to become official with 0.7 means just keep the tiger in and replace the others. big_smile

Gotcha.

A is for Apple.

Done.
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/2pfnud9b … erCP33.avi

A is for Apple.