1 (edited by Parakoopa 2015-05-16 19:32:57)

Topic: Lightcatch Catch16 Server (Laser Instagib)

Hi guys,

A few years ago I played on Catch16 on a server with the lightcatch map. That was lots of fun, and I thought: Why not bring this fun back for Teeworlds 0.6?

So I created a new server that uses Catch16 and an updated version of the lightcatch map. You can find it easily by searching for the lightcatch map. It's called "= Lightcatch Laser Catch16 =".

I hope you have fun with the new server. If you have any feedback or ideas, let me know!

UPDATE 1:
Fixed a Catch16 bug where text chat wouldn't work when player names were hidden.

UPDATE 2:
Updated mod and server to 0.6.3. Please report any issues!

Re: Lightcatch Catch16 Server (Laser Instagib)

Oh those memories, I loved this mod, especially this map. smile
Unfortunately nobody hardly plays this anymore. sad This mod almost requires many players to be real fun!

Loving TW since 2010 smile

3 (edited by Parakoopa 2015-05-17 20:49:19)

Yeah it's a shame, isn't it?
I'm currently working on updating everything to Teeworlds 0.6.3 and I'm basicly done, but I need some testing, so I hope some more people play on it. I will then release it as Catch16+, I'm also planning on extending the mod and on making it better.

I was also thinking about researching Teeworlds bots and see if there is any good instagib bot I can find and modify to make it work with Catch16, so the server would be playable even with just a few people.

Nice ideas there, I definitely support this!
Currently I don't have much time to play, but after my exams I will get some friends together and reanimate the server smile

Loving TW since 2010 smile

It's seems fun, even though i have never played lasercatch16, I would like to play your gamemode with a lot of people.

I don't project my insecurities on other people.