1 (edited by Getkey 2015-07-03 12:14:42)

Topic: [MOD] v.py

Hi all,
I made this mod a few months ago, and I think it is high time to publish it here!

How to play

The goal is to steal other people's hearts to fill your health bar.
Everybody starts with one heart, which is the minimum you can have. When somebody kills you, one of your hearts is dropped where you died. Now, every tee can go get it – act quickly!

Server settings
sv_mode    - Determine the weapon
    Default: 1

Modes:
        1 - Instagib (Laser)
        2 - Everything (all weapons, full health & armor, auto-reload, no items on map) 
        3 - Hammerparty 
        4 - Grenade only 
        5 - Ninja

sv_grenade_endless_ammo    - Set endless ammo for grenade in mode 4 (Grenade only).
    Default: 1

sv_weapons_ammo    - Default amount of ammo for all weapons in mode 2 (Everything) or grenade in mode 4 (Grenade only). Your ammo will regenerate after some while
    Default: 7
    Min: 5
    Max: 10

sv_kill_penalty    - The amount of points which the score will be decreased on each suicide
    Default: 5
    Min: 0
    Max: 50

# Anticamper

sv_anticamper
    Default: 2

Settings:
        0 - Disables
        1 - In all modes
        2 - Only in Instagib (Riffle)

sv_anticamper_freeze    - If set it determines if a player should freeze on camping (and how long) or die
    Default: 7
    Max: 15

# It is recommended not to change sv_anticamper_time and sv_anticamper_range

sv_anticamper_time    - How long to wait till the player dies/freezes
    Default: 10
    Min: 5
    Max: 120

sv_anticamper_range    - Distance how far away the player must move to escape anticamper
    Default: 200
    Max: 1000

# Chat protection
sv_chatprotect    - The amount of seconds before chatprotect is enabled. -1 to disable
    Default : 3
    Min : -1
    Max : 60

sv_chatkill_penalty    - The amount of points which the killer's score will be decreased on each chatkill
    Default : 1
    Min : 0
    Max : 50

# Heart gravity
sv_heart_gravity - Determine the speed at which the hearts will fall to the ground. This is a percentage of the gravity.
    Default : 10
    Min : 0
    Max : 1000

sv_heart_rebound - Determine how high the hearts will rebound. This is a percentage of the last drop height.
    Default : 30
    Min : 0
    Max : 100

Notes

This mod isn't directly based on zCatch, however some code (such as the anticamper) is from it. Big thanks to Teetime for this.

Downloads

Linux x86_64 - version 1.1.1
Linux x86_32 - version 1.1.1
Linux ARMv7 - version 1.1.1

Windows x86_64 - version 0.9.1
Windows x86_32 - version 0.9.1

Source code

Re: [MOD] v.py

Nice! Is there any server up?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Yes there is mine, you should have a good ping if you are located in Western Europe.

4 (edited by SantX 2015-04-11 20:22:25)

Sound like a good mod... Especially if you are hosting a server in LAN with Hamachi for my clan smile

Good Job!

P.S Edit: Add the Linux x86 Binary please!  cool

Error 403: Forbidden

Thanks! I wish you'll have fun!
Okay, done. ;-) By the way, the Windows binaries are coming this evening or tomorrow.

Which Teeworlds version is this based on? I'm a bit confused with GitHub.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

It's based on 0.6.4, the latest to this day, whose code source is released, but apparently binaries aren't yet.
I've seen you've made a modded client. How do you update it to the latest Teeworlds versions without git? It must be painful!

Getkey wrote:

It's based on 0.6.4, the latest to this day, whose code source is released, but apparently binaries aren't yet.
I've seen you've made a modded client. How do you update it to the latest Teeworlds versions without git? It must be painful!

I had modified way too many things for it to be worthy to update, it's better to start from 0.6.4 and to apply the changes. But it's a huge hassle, and I haven't done it in recent years.

0.6.4 is not released afaik, you're working on a trunk version then.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

9 (edited by Getkey 2015-04-14 22:50:18)

Dune wrote:

I had modified way too many things for it to be worthy to update, it's better to start from 0.6.4 and to apply the changes. But it's a huge hassle, and I haven't done it in recent years.

Yeah I understand, that sounds really demotivating.
If you update though, you should wait for the 0.7 to be out. ;-)

Dune wrote:

0.6.4 is not released afaik, you're working on a trunk version then.

I don't know, Oy creates a special commit like this one for every release, and he did it for the 0.6.4, but he forgot to tag it and no binaries were made. So yeah, maybe.

Edit:
I asked about this here and apparently this is indeed the trunk, the commit was only "To have a test version for the translators".