Topic: Question about the spawn points...

Hi

I had a quick look in the tutorials section and did a search for the key words "team spawn points" but I didn't find what I was looking for, so I'll ask;

The Red and Blue team spawn points in the game layer, are they only for Capture The Flag? Or are they also used in Team Deathmatch games?

I have a small deathmatch map for which I'm adjusting the spawn points, but I'm not sure if I need to add the Red/Blue spawn points for Team Deathmatch or not!? If I do add the Red/Blue spawn points will they be used or ignored in Team Deathmatch?

thanks

2 (edited by heinrich5991 2015-03-01 10:46:58)

Re: Question about the spawn points...

Red and blue team spawns can be used in all game types. In DM, anybody spawns there, in TDM and CTF only members of the respective teams.

Tee-colored spawns let anyone spawn at this place, even in team-based gametypes like TDM or CTF.

3 (edited by 2gethR 2015-03-01 10:38:37)

Probably belongs in Support.

Yes, the team spawn points are used in every game type that has devided teams.

EDIT: heinrich was faster.

Move along, nothing to see here, really.

Thanks for the super quick response smile

heinrich5991 wrote:

Tee-colored spawns let anyone spawn at this place, even in team-based gametypes like TDM or CTF.

So, to keep things "fair" in a Team Deathmatch game, it would be best to simply use the Tee-coloured spawn points and let the game randomly spawn the players wherever...

Moved my edit here:

The exact algorithm is as follows: In team games, first check your own team's spawn points. If all are occupied, resort to neutral spawn points. Again, if all are occupied, check the enemy team's spawn points. If even those are all occupied, don't spawn.

In non-team-based game types it just evaluates all types of spawns equally.

When the game evaluates a specific type of spawn type, it chooses the spawn point that is as far as possible from all tees, weighing enemy tees stronger.

munyul wrote:

So, to keep things "fair" in a Team Deathmatch game, it would be best to simply use the Tee-coloured spawn points and let the game randomly spawn the players wherever...

I guess that'd be the best strategy