Topic: Flashing Weapons/Health/Tees

Hello! I've been searching all over and I cannot find a fix for this - I know it's on my end but for the life of me I cannot figure out what. All the weapons, health/shields, other tees just keep flashing in and out at a high rate, as if I'm not receiving all the information about them from the server properly. The game maps are fine, and my own tee/weapon is normal, but everything that my computer needs updates from the server is flashing. Previously some, low ping servers were OK while others were not, but recently it has changed to where all servers have this problem for me. A few times I would alt-tab out of the game, the problem would be fixed when returning, but slowly everything would begin flashing again, so I thought it might be some information lag issue.

I tried a number of in-game fixes in the f1 console with some advice from players online, but none of them worked (can't remember exactly what was tried, sadly). I deleted all files, got a fresh install of 0.6.3, updated my graphics card driver (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650) and the problem persists. All other games' graphics on my PC work fine. What things should I try to fix this? Or is this just a strange lag issue that I've got going on?

Thanks,

Wes.exe/Wes.mp3

Re: Flashing Weapons/Health/Tees

I had this problem as well. Couldn't find a fix for it either. I have a new pc now though so I'm free from the problem. It made the game unplayable

Could you try turning asyncrender off?

On IRC, someone said you should probably update your graphics driver.

I did upgrade my graphics driver, got the most up-to-date driver for it
I turned the gfx_asyncrender value to 1, and that seemed to fix the problem for low ping servers but the problem persists on those at 100ping or higher

How did you update your graphics driver?

Through the Device Manager on Windows (Win7 OS)

Try downloading the newest driver from the NVIDIA website.

9 (edited by Westicle 2015-01-29 06:22:25)

Did not work, now all servers are flashing again

Edit: A low ping, standard CTF (on CTF5) game was fine. DDR and FNG were both flashing regardless of ping. Higher ping CTF was flashing.