Topic: Need help in using hook and setting LAN server

Hi, everyone! I'm new to this game but I already love it very much. But I have some problem in using the hook. Whenever I hook onto some wall or floor, I just stick to it. Is there any way to increase the length of the hook?

Also, can anyone make me the config and batch files for a simple Deathmatch LAN server, so that I can just download it from somewhere. I've a tried these making before numerous times, but simply fail as I get confused by the end.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Need help in using hook and setting LAN server

Hello, welcome!

Just release the hook before you reach the ceiling and hook again to keep it at a decent length!

As for hosting a deathmatch LAN server, that's actually what the teeworlds_srv.exe (assuming you run Windows) does by default. You should be able to host one just by launching it (and forwarding your ports if you want people outside your LAN to connect).

Not Luck, Just Magic.

BigBaow wrote:

Hi, everyone! I'm new to this game but I already love it very much. But I have some problem in using the hook. Whenever I hook onto some wall or floor, I just stick to it. Is there any way to increase the length of the hook?

Also, can anyone make me the config and batch files for a simple Deathmatch LAN server, so that I can just download it from somewhere. I've a tried these making before numerous times, but simply fail as I get confused by the end.

Thanks in advance.

You can also try pressing in the opposite direction when hooking horicontally. That's what usually keeps the hook long.

Dune wrote:

Hello, welcome!
As for hosting a deathmatch LAN server, that's actually what the teeworlds_srv.exe (assuming you run Windows) does by default. You should be able to host one just by launching it (and forwarding your ports if you want people outside your LAN to connect).

I've tried using the teeworlds_srv.exe, which opens up a command prompt like looking window which shows 'no firewall/nat problems detected' and then 'server registered' in the end. It gives my server name 'unnamed server'. When I search in the Internet Server list, there are more than one 'unnamed server' and I don't know which one is mine.
    I want to register my server only for LAN and without connecting to the internet. How to do that? Can anyone make the config and the batch files for it, so that I can just download it from somewhere?...

BigBaow wrote:

I've tried using the teeworlds_srv.exe, which opens up a command prompt like looking window which shows 'no firewall/nat problems detected' and then 'server registered' in the end. It gives my server name 'unnamed server'. When I search in the Internet Server list, there are more than one 'unnamed server' and I don't know which one is mine.
    I want to register my server only for LAN and without connecting to the internet. How to do that? Can anyone make the config and the batch files for it, so that I can just download it from somewhere?...

Try this:

Save this autoexec.cfg to your teeworlds folder and then start the server. It should then only start in LAN.