Topic: Question about ingame POLLS

Hi.
We all know that today's Teeworlds polls only pass if more than half of the players cast the "yes" vote.
When I first started playing this game I was pretty confused about this and it took me a while to figure out that that's the way how it works.

Now, I would like to ask what's the "no" vote good for anyway. If you don't vote you're not neutral at all, you're doing the same as if you would vote no...
And I mean why is it like that?
Shouldn't only the voting people affect the results?

I would like to know the thoughts of devs on this if possible.
Thanks! ;-)

Re: Question about ingame POLLS

Ha, that's always what I've been wondering for!

I guess it's more of a psychological thing. When you see 4 yes and 0 no and when you see 4 yes and 4 no, you may be influenced otherwise. Some people may want to yes vote to not "block" a vote that apparently everyone who cares agrees with.

It also shortens the vote duration if you collect 50% of no.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Re: Question about ingame POLLS

Yeah, it happens really rarely that you collect 50% of "no" votes, but it can shorten to vote by few seconds. Also, it makes the voter feel like a complete idiot that nobody agrees with. (true story)

Well, I wonder if the voting system will be changed in future updates or it will stay this way.
I would honestly prefer the true voting system, where would one with more votes pass (yes or no)...

But I'm sure not everyone would agree with me.