Topic: Grenade "spraying" rules on zCatch grenade & gCTF

Discussion forked from the CTF gameplay guide (off-topic).

Re: Grenade "spraying" rules on zCatch grenade & gCTF

Magnet wrote:

These aren't rude, but on some servers thanks to the vote kick system people will make their own set of rules, which someone make little sense. There is a reload time between grenade shots so I never saw the problem with spamming grenades, but one's mileage may vary.

This one probably originates from gCTF, where people also consider it bad practice to randomly shoot grenades.

and pro zcatch with grenades. the rules is one grenade in the air at a time.

Broken wrote:

Why doesn't one enforce that via the mod?

heinrich5991 wrote:
Broken wrote:

Why doesn't one enforce that via the mod?

Guess it makes double rocketjumps easier?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I'm aware of this, but he was talking about vanilla servers.
I agree those should be enforced by the mod if everyone agrees with them. If it's to make grenade jumps possible, it's easy to check if a grenade shot will be a grenade jump or not in the server code.

The original grenade instagib has been designed by Ubu (and implemented by Sushi Tee & Rajh iirc) to prevent "flooding". Players had only 4 grenades (+ reload similar to pistol reload) and making a kill would give an ammo bonus. I never understood why recent grenade instagib-based mods didn't follow the same design, but I think these mods seem to be more about votekicking than actually playing.

Magnet wrote:

I'm aware of this, but he was talking about vanilla servers.
I agree those should be enforced by the mod if everyone agrees with them. If it's to make grenade jumps possible, it's easy to check if a grenade shot will be a grenade jump or not in the server code.

The original grenade instagib has been designed by Ubu (and implemented by Sushi Tee & Rajh iirc) to prevent "flooding". Players had only 4 grenades (+ reload similar to pistol reload) and making a kill would give an ammo bonus. I never understood why recent grenade instagib-based mods didn't follow the same design, but I think these mods seem to be more about votekicking than actually playing.

big_smile made my day

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Hello,

(Grenade-) zCatch has a feature implemented which allows player to have just a limited amount of bullets (with reload after some time). In one previous version this was the only option, which lead that many server-owners were using an older version and most players were on these servers, where they had unlimited ammo.

I interpeted this that nobody wants this improvement and so I reimplemented unlimited ammo again. Maybe I'll extend this feature (personally I like the idea of giving back the bullet on a kill), but I dont know if server owners will use it.
Also, at my point of view many players give don't give a damn about any "rules" and kick and vote for whatever, this is at least my experience.

One shot in the air is cool for pro servers, people would use it

One rocket in the air is not really a good idea. there are guys who can get some nice double rocket frags.

ok well make it variable