Topic: Questions about some parts in editor

hello guys
i wanna know what are these parts for??

Detail in tiles and quads layer.
Para X , Para Y , use Cliping , Clip X -H in Group.

and in Envelopes, what is different between holding Shift and not holding shift when changing the value?!!!

Re: Questions about some parts in editor

Parallax: As the viewpoint of the player moves side to side, the objects in the distance appear to move slower than the objects close to the camera. Para X and Para Y define how fast the background layer moves (x-axis and y-axis).

clipping: means that only visible objects will be calculated. If the teeworlds sun in the background moves out of the visible range, the pc still calculates where it is supposed to be rendered. If you use clipping you define an area within the sun will be rendered.

shift usually means that you can change the value more exact as the values change more slowly.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

tnx alot Landil <3
what about "Detail" option in tiles and quads??  because when i change this option nothing occurs!!

TinToWw wrote:

tnx alot Landil <3
what about "Detail" option in tiles and quads??  because when i change this option nothing occurs!!

You flag the layers to be details. If the low details option is checked in the graphics options these layers which are not set as details won't be rendered. This is an option to increase performance on slow pcs.
E.g. all standard maps will only show the main tiles and one background if you details are disabled.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

tnx <3
2 editable numbers in envelopes(0.000 0.000) are about timing or coordinate??!!

TinToWw wrote:

tnx <3
2 editable numbers in envelopes(0.000 0.000) are about timing or coordinate??!!

the first one is the time, the second one is either the color or the position (depends on the kind of envelope)

are these parts(Pos. TO , Color TO) related to Envelopes??!!

yes

so how they work??! smile

you can set a delay of the envelope,
e.g. +100 will delay the start of the envelope's animation by 100ms

11 (edited by 2013-09-14 08:34:43)

tnx Landil :X <3
great help

"Pos TO" and "Color To" set the delay of envelope's loop or makes delay just for first time that envelopes starts??!

TinToWw wrote:

tnx Landil :X <3
great help

"Pos TO" and "Color To" set the delay of envelope's loop or makes delay just for first time that envelopes starts??!

afaik it delays the start of the loop