Re: [MOD] IcyDM - Kill others to get shielded! (Now with TeeGray!)

Broken wrote:

lol dune just for the record dd only has 2 extra weapons, lasers unfreeze and shotguns pull.

Haters gonna hate anyway. ;)

52 (edited by IcyPRO 2013-08-29 00:04:32)

Alright guys, I've been working on the first post to make it more likely to eyes (mainly the picture definition) and I also added one more idea. Please consider working on it, if you can. It's gonna be worth it!

53 (edited by Broken 2013-08-29 00:14:21)

5% chance to spawn as someone that can kill anyone? I really hate the idea, it's a ton of work to get high shielded among good players, and to have it all gone by some easy luck component would make me rage.

I find the game more, hard to ever win, than too easy for the winning player. We had a game go 30 minutes with no winner in sight.

If I would make any change it would be to give high shielded players some kind of bonus so they could actually finish the game sooner.

Well, it could be less, like 3%. I personally would find it really fun from both sides.
- if I would be highly-shielded player, I would run away from these guys, or try to snipe them down from wall bounces.
- and if I would be TeeGray, well... No need to explain the fun here!

Remember, it only takes one shot to kill him - by anyone.

How about 10 second invincibility for a 5 shot streak.

Naaw. 5 shot streak never happens... I had 4 shot streak maybe like 3 times in my whole Teeworlds playing...

But I don't know why are you so afraid of this TeeGray.
In zCatch you have to kill 15 people without being hit - not even once! And yeah, it's possible.
Do people rage if they are one kill away from the victory and yet still get killed? Maybe... But not me.

BUT in zcatch there is less and less people as you go. It's only 1v1 at the end.

The question is do we want to make the game quicker to finish or longer, and I think games are incredibly long as is.

I don't think it's the good idea to compare this to zCatch because - you're right and also wrong. It's only 1v1 in the end... But it's usually 2v1 2 places from the end. And 3v1 or 4v1 4 places from the winning.

But here it would be always 1v1 (max 2v1), because chances are low for TeeGray to spawn. He could even be killed before you even see him...

And yes, I'm trying to make the game harder to win, as that was the point in the first place, but also I'm trying to make the mod more FUN;

I would say give it a try and see what it would do to the gameplay.
My guess is it would be much more actiony, risky and funnier!

new Version (1.1)
https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfi … .1_srv.zip
add: TeeGray
add: CTF mode
edit: selfkill tick form 3 to 30sec

try it out and give feedback
lg ic

60 (edited by IcyPRO 2013-09-11 16:18:41)

Lowmaner wrote:

new Version (1.1)
https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfi … .1_srv.zip
add: TeeGray
add: CTF mode
edit: selfkill tick form 3 to 30sec

try it out and give feedback
lg ic

Oh wow! That's great - I didn't expect to see it released this soon. Thank you ^^
I can't wait to try it out as soon as possible!

We tested it out and it's amazing! It's so much fun I can't even describe it!
~
But could you add an option to customize the "warning text" for TeeGray?
Also the duration setting that say how long the message will be displayed?

Thank you very much again! It's awesome.

~~~
Yeah, I am playing this mod few times a week with my friend, it's a lot of fun but I really wish more people would play this...

Anyway, would be anyone willing to add minor things to the mod, please? (it has nothing to do with the gameplay)
- When TeeGray would spawn play globally one of these 3 sounds: wp_ninja_attack-01; 02; 03.
- When TeeGray kills someone (who has at least 1 shield), make the person explode with wp_flump_explo-01; 02; 03 sound effect.
- When Tees are losing shields make them scream short pain effects (vo_teefault_pain_short-01; 02 ;03 ;... ;12) instead of long ones...

Thank you very much!