Topic: Teeworlds subreddit

I recently took over teeworlds subreddit which has been dead for a while and would like to invite everyone here to visit and possibly exchange your teeworlds related content for sweet sweet karma. If you don't know what a subreddit is head to www.reddit.com.

Re: Teeworlds subreddit

While I appreciate the effort, to be honest, I don't really think a reddit is appropriate for such a community.

A simple forum is better and enough in my opinion.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Forums are great for content that has to stick around for a while, a subreddit is awesome for short lived content like news or showing off your new artwork. Both have their strengths so why not utilize them both?

Due to how small the sub is, I highly doubt it will ever show up on anyone's front page. I only have small subreddits and I still don't think anything will ever show for me. I have one or two subs like that, where i have to visit them myself to see if anything new was posted. Would rather visit this forum instead of doing that. sad

Reddit does some adjustment with the posts from smaller subreddit. For example my newest post with only 2 upvotes showes up on my second page.

Yes, I know it does, but "second page" is my point. I hardly ever find the need to go further than the first.

Start using Reddit Enhancement Suite. Since with RES I don't have to click on anything I often find myself 20 pages deep and I don't even mind.

I do, wouldn't browse without it.

Teeworlds isn't appropriate as a subreddit because of three things:

1. An update once every two years
2. Small community who won't supply content besides map
3. Reddit is pretty lame-sauce

Basically there's never anything news-related, and Reddit isn't appropriate for discussion. When Teeworlds becomes popular (unlikely given the rate of updates) this will be useful.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Why are updates necessary for teeworlds to become popular?