Topic: [MAP]ctf noname

Hi,

This is my ctf map i made some days ago. People told me that they like the gameplay so I post the map here now.
I didn't start with designing, yet.

overview
overview with gl

Download

Some feedback would be nice smile

2 (edited by Kirbs 2013-02-24 19:42:00)

Re: [MAP]ctf noname

Yes.. nice gameplay, someone (or you) could spice this map up with some graphics (doodads, background)
.. I could do the doodads, but it would look too simple for most people...  I give this map a 9 out of 10 for awesome gameplay! (The only reason not 10 is for lack of graphics..)

NOTE:// This is an excellent instagib map, as well as vanilla map.

no

3 (edited by Variecs 2013-02-25 20:42:20)

Looks nice. Easy to see ctf2 style, but i think it will be nice ingame. I will test it tomorrow.

Woah, this map is smaller than I imagined. Anyway.
Structure:
Really nice. I was wondering if those ways up to the flag spot will be too narrow, but you have one more way leading above the flag, so i think it's quite balanced. Prebase is free and makes an easy approach to middle, which is quite simple, but i wouldn't expect something else, middle is always the hardest part to make interesting. I'd say structure is good.
Movement:
Upper way is too fast. You give a lot of space in prebase to leave, easy rocketjumps at middle and at entering middle, and the main thing - too small distance from flag to middle. Also, you can't approach lower prebase way from the third, longest way out from the base. This gives even more priority to upper way. This should definitely be rebalanced. Rest of the movement seems nice.
Pickups:
You put too much pickups right near the flag. That makes defending flag too easy imo. Also you put a lot of pickups on the way, like all the pickups at middle and grenade launcher under the platform in prebase. If you will balance the ways, it will become the problem.
Graphics:
Nothing to say, test version is test.

Conclusion:
Common situation - awesome original base, but common middle and horrible pickup placement. This can be reworked into something really nice. Good work for now.

Thank you a lot for your detailed feedback. You seem to be a very skilled vanilla player and I believe in your words but I'm not sure if an enough skilled player to do that changes alone. I will try to rework the parts you called and rework the pickups.

I want to explain why i did stuff how i did:
It's true that the upper way is very fast and it's very easy to rj 'cause of the upper way in the middle but the lower way also is very fast because of the grenade you find on the bottom prebase. The upper way may is too fast.
I placed the pickups near to the flag because
- the map is very small and attackers are very fast so the defense has not much time to get pickups and
- i think defending is very hard because like you said, the flag position is near to the middle and there is not much prebase to stop the attackers.

I guess if I'm not good enough to make a better build and if this build has enough potential to maybe become an official map then there are enough skilled guys who are able to make something perfect out of this but I will try smile
I am really happy that the map is so liked smile

Thanks again for your feedback,
Ich.

I'm not that skilled as you imagine, but i got the thing to say about your map ^^
Maybe that could make something like agressive map, but i'd rather suggest to make that way slower and do something about pickups, because i haven't seen the compilation you're trying to accomplish working. But who knows, you may be the first big_smile

I still think you should spread out the health more instead of only groups of 4 and 5.

Isnt ctf1 also a very aggressive map? You dont have the rockedjumps you allways have contact with your enemys cause the map is very small.

I will try to rework the gameplay and the pickups and may spread them more