1 (edited by cdav 2013-02-08 18:05:07)

Topic: Hi TeePeople! [Introducing myself and stuff]

Hello, I'm a new member from Italy. I just wanted to say hi and share the experience so far. smile I've been playing for a couple of days now and I'm really enjoying the game despite my lack of movement skills. big_smile I know, there's time to master the hook. On this matter, I'm looking for some kind of bootcamp map to run locally to practice. Any suggestions?

Also I'm pretty lost on the community side. Meaning, I can't find where to, you know, just have a chat with you guys. It seems like this forum is designed only for support / development / community projects, which don't get me wrong are all great activities. But the core fun of just being people enjoying a common interest? Where are you hiding it? big_smile When I couldn't find the "fun forum" here I tried the IRC chan (having an experience on the internet I know that usually IRC is where the dicking around is at) but it's kind of silent. It'd be cool with me to start the talking but the IRC Rules are a bit intimidating, expecially the "be relevant" one. Maybe that chan also is for support / srs bsns? I don't know where else to look. Oh and by the way I hope this is the right sub for introductions.

TL;DR Hi. I'm a new guy. Where is the party? big_smile

Re: Hi TeePeople! [Introducing myself and stuff]

Come to Inspire servers, we are laid back and helpful.

3 (edited by cdav 2013-02-08 18:40:52)

Thank you for the invite Broken, I'll surely check them out. big_smile (I just realized I had them not showing in the server list because I filtered to hide the not-normal gametype servers. I tought the warning sign on the left meant I had to install some mod or something to access those).

(And with this one I'm keeping an average of 1 feedback per reply! You're welcome TeeWorlds, you're very welcome. big_smile)

cdav wrote:

But the core fun of just being people enjoying a common interest? Where are you hiding it?

Unfortunately there is no offtopic section in this Forum because it should show a reputable image of Teeworlds as it is the official Forum..Don't understand me wrong  I would love to have an offtopic thread here just to have something to laugh and to troll a bit big_smile The 'official' german forum is a little bit further in this point which is also shown in the mmeber activity! big_smile

visit our clan!
=Eagle=

Errr, welcome welcome.

As far as finding people enjoying Teeworlds to discuss 'n' stuff, IRC is definitely the place to go. It's not "a bit silent", it's just that you can't expect an answer within the 2minutes like you would with other messaging softwares. Unless you ighlight them, people only check periodically but that doesn't mean conversations can't engage.

It's also true that Teeworlds doesn't feature much community-oriented options (no PM whatsoever, etc), so you usually get to know people on the (tee)field. As you said, the official forum isn't really much of a place to jerk around - even if noone is gonna tell you anything if you start talking about random stuff.

Usually people on this forum don't play (much) the game anymore.

Not Luck, Just Magic.