Re: [CLIENT] Teeworlds Gamer

DøñE wrote:

don't know if the bug is already said, but i'm not up to date with the topic wink

When i use the "Only show game tiles"-function the gamer is often crashing...only about 1 of 10 trys are working

If this is already reported, you can ignore this post ^^

Only happens on some specific maps, needs to figure out why. Thanks for reporting, still.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Help the sdl.dll and freetype.dll arent there help?

728 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2011-09-26 21:42:47)

Redownload tw?

Once in a century...

The Newb wrote:

Help the sdl.dll and freetype.dll arent there help?

It is not stand-alone, you need to extract it in an existing Teeworlds folder (you can use your default one).

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Works thanks but bow when loads full it gets closed automaticly

i want the server creation tool smile NOW

http://img4.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/99c32sk42vbdo1w.png

can everyone help big_smile ?

"Page under construction"

What more explanation do you need???

Once in a century...

i dont know what i can do with it

ohhh now i know big_smile

736 (edited by Dune 2011-10-03 18:08:41)

haQ wrote:

i want the server creation tool smile NOW

PerFlame wrote:

What is it and how can I use it?

I originally planned to quickly make a maintenance release after 4.3 in which this server creation tool would be complete, but I issued tons of mishaps with my rl, and thus it will be (well, it is already) later than planned.
I also want it to be as clean and good as possible as I would like it to inspire an implementation into oy's repo.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

loool big_smile

where do I find the option to hide the demo bar?

-SALAD

SALAD wrote:

where do I find the option to hide the demo bar?

I'm not sure whether it's present or not in the original Teeworlds client. If not, I guess it's just one of Sushi's pack features.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

could you add it to gamer?

-SALAD

Hi Dune, I just wanna ask if you're still working on Gamer, or in other words, will be there a new release in the near time? I don't want to put any pressure on you or something, I'm just curious.

Bug report: The gamer client crashes when loading maps in the editor.

heinrich5991 wrote:

Bug report: The gamer client crashes when loading maps in the editor.

Couldn't reproduce the bug at home, seems the two bug reports are linked, definitely needs to fix them. Problem is, my Windows doesn't recognize my debugger anymore, so it's not going to be easy.

LimiT wrote:

Hi Dune, I just wanna ask if you're still working on Gamer, or in other words, will be there a new release in the near time? I don't want to put any pressure on you or something, I'm just curious.

I'm working on it from time to time, but at the moment I'm very stressed irl and got few time/motivation to code again when coming back at home. Also, it doesn't make much sense to add new features until I've ported it to 0.6.1, and to see the numerous modifications I've coded into it, it's not an easy task. Also, there are some other projects I would like to give priority, so it's unlikely there will be a new version, let's say, before one month.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I debugged it a little, this is the result:

>    teeworlds_gamer_d.exe!CEditor::DoMapEditor(CUIRect View, CUIRect ToolBar)  Line 1231 + 0xc bytes    C++
     teeworlds_gamer_d.exe!CEditor::Render()  Line 3167    C++
     teeworlds_gamer_d.exe!CEditor::UpdateAndRender()  Line 3625    C++
     teeworlds_gamer_d.exe!CClient::Run()  Line 2084    C++
     teeworlds_gamer_d.exe!main(int argc, const char * * argv)  Line 2800    C++
     teeworlds_gamer_d.exe!__tmainCRTStartup()  Line 278 + 0x19 bytes    C
     teeworlds_gamer_d.exe!mainCRTStartup()  Line 189    C
     kernel32.dll!768b339a()     
     [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for kernel32.dll]    
     ntdll.dll!779f9ed2()     
     ntdll.dll!779f9ea5()     
-        m_Map
+        m_pEditor    0x0071f310 {m_pInput=0x0071d370 m_pClient=0x00de64f0 m_pConsole=0x00713bf0 ...}    CEditor *
        m_Modified    false    bool
+        m_lGroups    {list=0x0261c6c0 list_size=1 num_elements=0 }    array<CLayerGroup *,allocator_default<CLayerGroup *> >
+        m_lImages    {list=0x02618700 list_size=6 num_elements=5 }    array<CEditorImage *,allocator_default<CEditorImage *> >
+        m_lEnvelopes    {list=0x02616548 list_size=13 num_elements=11 }    array<CEnvelope *,allocator_default<CEnvelope *> >
+        m_pGameLayer    0x00000000    CLayerGame *
+        m_pTeleLayer    0x00000000 {m_pTeleTile=??? }    CLayerTele *
+        m_pSpeedupLayer    0x00000000 {m_pSpeedupTile=??? }    CLayerSpeedup *
+        m_pGameGroup    0x00000000 {m_pMap=??? m_lLayers={...} m_OffsetX=??? ...}    CLayerGroup *

Point is, that m_pGameGroup is accessed while it is zero.

745 (edited by Dune 2011-10-14 10:50:25)

Thanks for the debug info, it's concerning a part of code from the race client mod, so I don't understand why it's happening here and not in the race client... well, I presume there are few conflicts. Gotta try fixing that, I'll give you feedback.

Edit: Fixed the bug on map loading, dunno if it fixes others though.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

mybe u can make an dynamic camera bind

Dune, add to new version feature by which you will be able to see on "scoreboard" nick + clan names of spectators. TDWD client or something like that has it and its very useful.

You could take a look at Ubu's suggested scoreboard which will be (or maybe was already) implemented by SushiTee. (Unfortunately I can't find a link sad )

Mockup: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1452506/Teeworl … ockup1.png
Sushi pack: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1452506/Teeworl … -43-55.png

Based on the mockup, I did another version:
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1281/t … etable.png

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!