Re: [CLIENT] Teeworlds Gamer

Beautiful client, Dune; do you work with the devs/github already and send in patches or thought of working with the devs on the official client?

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

27 (edited by Dune 2010-06-18 13:40:34)

user11314 wrote:

Beautiful client, Dune; do you work with the devs/github already and send in patches or thought of working with the devs on the official client?

I don't think devs are interested in any of the features from my client, and no I don't work with them they probably never heard of me - with the exception of LordSkelethom wink

Edit: Few features in my client are vanilla-related, so I don't think it's worth to try

Not Luck, Just Magic.

28 (edited by Stegn 2010-06-18 14:31:50)

Dune wrote:

Right I forgot something :

bind mousewheelup "+weapon3;+fire"

It doesn't work! Now it only shoots the actual gun i have. I can bind weapons on mouswheel(when i press it down) ; and i can bind weapons on my extra buttons on the mouse. BUT I CAN'T BIND THE WEAPONS ON THE MOUSWHEEL!
With the client of Sushi it works!
pls help

29 (edited by Mic 2010-06-18 14:52:30)

Can someone unpack it and upload it here? (zip)

30 (edited by Dune 2010-06-18 15:22:03)

big bomb wrote:

teeworlds gamer.zip

Link broken. I uploaded a .zip there : Windows pack (.zip)

It doesn't work! Now it only shoots the actual gun i have. I can bind weapons on mouswheel(when i press it down) ; and i can bind weapons on my extra buttons on the mouse. BUT I CAN'T BIND THE WEAPONS ON THE MOUSWHEEL!
With the client of Sushi it works!
pls help

Then as it's not working with the pure client you must ask Sushi what he implemented about weapons binds. Normally this command works, I can't tell you anything else.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
user11314 wrote:

I don't think devs are interested in any of the features from my client, and no I don't work with them they probably never heard of me - with the exception of LordSkelethom wink

Edit: Few features in my client are vanilla-related, so I don't think it's worth to try

Please start sending in patches. The devs are really looking for people who are able to help. How are they supposed to get to know you if you never show them what you are capable of? smile I'm pretty sure some of the patches could be useful for official.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

I second chi, but the only thing which looks promising is the ability to scale the size of the items on the HUD. I havent tried the client so I don't know to which extent is this implemented, but I was always looking for this functionality in the vanilla client.

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

Haha i can't stop laughing, When it says:

Killing spree!!
And someone kills you:
Holy Shitttt.

Man it sounds soo awesome !! Holy Shieattttttttttttttttttttt.

34 (edited by Dune 2010-06-18 18:09:14)

Chi11y wrote:

Please start sending in patches. The devs are really looking for people who are able to help. How are they supposed to get to know you if you never show them what you are capable of? smile I'm pretty sure some of the patches could be useful for official.

All right, thanks for the advice, I will try to do that when I would have answered all the requests about the client.
But first of all, I need to understand how does git work - what can take some time.

Haha i can't stop laughing, When it says:
Killing spree!!
And someone kills you:
Holy Shitttt.
Man it sounds soo awesome !! Holy Shieattttttttttttttttttttt.

I agree with you, but that's the UT's awesomeness big_smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I use Windows Vista, and its with all maps...

Programming is similar to sex. If you make a mistake, you have to support it for the rest of your life.

36 (edited by Dune 2010-06-18 19:05:00)

You didn't answer:
Is there a "server" folder created into your teeworlds folder ?

Also, have you got a teeworlds_srv.exe and a teeworlds_srv_race.exe into your teeworlds folder ?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

only teeworlds_srv.exe

Programming is similar to sex. If you make a mistake, you have to support it for the rest of your life.

You must have at least teeworlds_srv_race.exe in your folder, else it won't work. If you don't want to download it you can simply make a copy of the pure one.
This bug will be fixed in the next version.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

The basket_game, Shall i change it too game.png?
Couse the basketball that is drawn isnt used in the basket,

PS . Chi11y Nice new avatar!

No, the game_basket.png is the only file used.
If you want to play with the basketball mode, enable it in the settings (gamer tab), or enter in F1 : cl_basket 1. I made a bind for that as I'm often travelling between basket and other mods wink

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Ah, there we go, thanks!

There is a new feature, the gfx_full_clear that only renders the game tile, which is sometimes very useful in races to find secret ways, to pass stupid quiz or simply to have a nice view of the game when the map is a bit dark or not clear on some parts. Personnaly, I always have this feature enabled.

Isn't this a cheat named as maphacking?

nsinreal wrote:

There is a new feature, the gfx_full_clear that only renders the game tile, which is sometimes very useful in races to find secret ways, to pass stupid quiz or simply to have a nice view of the game when the map is a bit dark or not clear on some parts. Personnaly, I always have this feature enabled.

Doesn't give any avantage on vanilla.

choupom wrote:
nsinreal wrote:

Doesn't give any avantage on vanilla.

Maps are open source, so you could as well edit them and see it. It's not a "hack". It's like disabling HD to have a better view of the game...

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Oh... Aimbot doesn't give any avantage on vanilla too. I think. Not more that maphacking.

Dune: there are invisible blocks on some maps, which u could find only if u use pistol. That's hard. Not with maphacking.

nsinreal wrote:

Dune: there are invisible blocks on some maps, which u could find only if u use pistol. That's hard. Not with maphacking.

Try to play on GOOD maps.

-.iB Jordane

First : please avoid doubleposts, you have an edit button.

Then, please stop calling this a hack. Every map on Teeworlds is open source, you could easily look at it in the map editor after having downloaded it. In some way, it's just faster with my client.

Also, maps aren't supposed to hide anything - look at every nice map, including the official maps : there is no hidden tiles, and you always know where is hookable, where is unhookable, and where is death - no possible confusion.
Maps with invisible tiles are always boring, and knowning where the hookable is should not be difficult.

"I do not support crap maps" big_smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

49 (edited by Dune 2010-06-21 19:46:14)

Released v2.0
What's new ?

> Added in the editor test on LAN buttons
You can test a map from the editor as a race map or as pure one, by opening the file menu.
You also can directly do that with shortcuts :
Ctrl+T to test a map as pure
Ctrl+Shift+T to test a map as race

http://duneudne.free.fr/source/gamer_screenshots/test_editor.png

I also fixed the bug that makes the client crash when you don't have teeworlds_srv_race.exe in your folder (was due to a stupid missing else)

> Added to the admin panel an option to ban - fixed the bug when joining blue.

> Patched the Download Extension from KillaBilla, cleaned it up.
See official topic there

> Patched the Beep mod from Sushi
http://duneudne.free.fr/source/gamer_screenshots/beep.png

You only have to put into the textarea the names you want to search for separated by a space. They will be highlighted in the chat, and a different sound will be played.

How it looks in the settings:
http://duneudne.free.fr/source/gamer_screenshots/settings_gamer.png

You also can notice on the picture that I've splitted the gamer tab in the settings menu into two views.

> About the game time shower :
http://duneudne.free.fr/source/gamer_screenshots/entities_clear.png

Deleted respawn points and health/armor from entities_clear.png
Added some missing tiles in the entities_clear.png, alternate dark/light blue for the teleports.
Great thanks to Sheep for that.

> Added an automatic record button in the game menu
http://duneudne.free.fr/source/gamer_screenshots/autorecord.png
You can disable it in the settings.

> Added a system that allows you to search for exact names in the friend tab by adding before the searched name : "exact:".
Example : exact:Puch won't look for Puchy.

And now, I'm proud to present you, in my opinion the best, the newest feature from that release : an arrow system for a better view of the player streams
First of all, let's thank Puch for the graphics !

Here are the arrows :
http://duneudne.free.fr/source/gamer_screenshots/arrows.png

From the top to the bottom :
* Join Red
* Join Blue
* Join the game (DM)
* Spectate
* Leave the server
* Join the server

And now... how it looks ingame !

http://duneudne.free.fr/source/gamer_screenshots/chat_arrows1.png
http://duneudne.free.fr/source/gamer_screenshots/chat_arrows2.png
http://duneudne.free.fr/source/gamer_screenshots/chat_arrows3.png

I'm going to ask the devs about something of this kind in the official Teeworlds smile
Maybe the player streams should be on a separated view, something on the right by example, I'm sure we can do great things with that.

I updated the download link in the first post, but I copy paste them here :

Downloads (v2.0)
Windows pack (.rar)
Windows pack (.zip)
Mac pack (.zip)
(This includes data and binaries, extract it in your teeworlds folder and merge folders).

And don't forget, comments please ! smile

Dunedune.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

AWESOME!
no really this client is becoming a better version of teeworlds ! thanks dune :-*