1 (edited by Blue 2010-11-02 23:21:54)

Topic: [COMPETITION] Teeworlds MDC 2010 Discussion Thread

Front Pic

This is the thread where you can discuss about the MDC 2010. Feedback on maps? Questions on the rules? Here's the place to post, only post submissions in the other topic.

The posts until post 17 take place before the mdc is announced, no need to read them. smile

This thread started as a discussion wether there should be a mapping competition this year. Original Question:

I just wanted to ask if there are any plans to make a mapping competition this year, like last year's MDC. I would find it nice if there was one this year as well. It might inspire ppl to make awesome maps for the community. Do you think there should be one this year?

Notice: This is a purely out-of-interest question, I dont plan to organize anything. smile

void ..

Re: [COMPETITION] Teeworlds MDC 2010 Discussion Thread

same same same i feel so too. blue will have a very powerful entry big_smile

id be excited about a contest too, but im not sure if there will be enough members.. otherwise id give this a try!

I'd participate I think...

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

I´m currently thinking about organizing a competition. Vanilla ofc tbh.

the point is:
- should we do it on an external website?
- who will be the judges?
- we need detailed rules to provide quality!!!

If you add a race contest, we could have some maps for a second Teeathlon.

should we do it on an external website?

- definitely easier to organize, everyone who wants to take part simply makes an account and may upload his maps and screens there, perhaps in the style of a blog entry, with a comment feature enabled. Disadvantages are that a host is needed, and someone to build the website. Also some ppl might just use the site to place their maps there without participing, so this might become a bit more complex.

who will be the judges?

- High-level players who are good mappers at the same time. I am only at a medium skill level at playing, though good at mapping. So I might judge the graphics, but not the gameplay for professional games and therefore dont think I could judge the maps in a qualified way. If you think you are a qualified mapper and player of teeworlds, you should post here smile

we need detailed rules to provide quality

- The old mdc-thread provides some nice text.

To sum up/add some points needed here:
- Organizators
- Prices
- Hosts
- (Website-Creators)
- Judges

Mods should imo be at least dm, ctf and (tee)race.

void ..

Make sure if dm should inculd or exclude tdm, because at the last MDC there where some uncertainty and maps got disqualified. Just as a hint wink

I'm supporting the idea! Would be nice to see some fresh new maps for vanilla smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

well short info. I´m currently working on the rules. There will be no external site for this tournament since i´m lacking either equipment or websitecoding skills for such a thing. In addition it takes a lot of time to do this and i dont want to delay this tournament any further.

For gametypes there will be dm/tdm , ctf and teerace.

The deadline will be more or less close to new year since two months should be enough to create atleast one map.

Nice idea! That sounds good. Just give it a try.

@ Blue:

- High-level players who are good mappers at the same time. I am only at a medium skill level at playing, though good at mapping. So I might judge the graphics, but not the gameplay for professional games and therefore dont think I could judge the maps in a qualified way. If you think you are a qualified mapper and player of teeworlds, you should post here

Then we shouldnt call it Map Design Contest.. because then the gameplay is in the background nd the design the more important thing.

-

Pls no website. setting up an account is quite annoying.. keep it simple, opene a thread here and then everything is fine.

-

Marik wrote:

The deadline will be more or less close to new year since two months should be enough to create atleast one map.

you could focus it on snow/winter maps because its currently winter and christmas is coming smile.

Btw a little suggestion to all the mappers: what about a "New Year" Map with rockets flying around and beautiful lights / candles.

-

I'd participate I think...

Mihihii im gonna take part too, but im going to fail so hard big_smile

It's not about doing some graphics and put it in a map, but build a nice map, nice on all the points (graphics, gameplay, popularity...). If you're not experienced enough to judge the maps on some mods, let this work to some other skilled people like for last MDC.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Jon was successful hosting the MDC last year, It would be nice for another competition this year. Blue you could start one yourself if you can find the right judges, perhaps the ones from last year ^_^

Bye.

I guess thats the answer http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopi … 512#p73512

Well, I hope you organize this competition good because you've decided this in like ~2 hours. Anyway. Good luck wink

And a further question: Who judges? The community or special people? Didn't get this point in your discription.

Marik should I rename this thread to "MDC 2010 Discussion thread" so all questions related to it may be placed here?

void ..

Blue wrote:

Marik should I rename this thread to "MDC 2010 Discussion thread" so all questions related to it may be placed here?

do it smile

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

one question....is teerace the race where you get demage from the rocket and where you have to collect armor and health?

Done. I also did some formatting on the top post here.
So discuss submissions (always name the map you refer to), rules and expectations here.

First questions from me. smile

- Who judges?
- Winter Tileset - new or old version as standard? Similar problem for all other mapres from the teerace maps.
- How many maps may I submit?

Ill take part btw. So great that well make this competition.

void ..

21 (edited by Ubuntu 2010-11-02 23:24:46)

@ TheGnaa: I would say that teerace is just the default race mod of sushi (no modified parameters) which doesn't have unlimited grenades, nor infinite life.

Ubuntu you just disappointed half of the racing community and excluded them from the contest. smile
You might consider making two categories, one for teerace and one for older race-mods with endless life and unlimited grenades.

void ..

23 (edited by TheGnaa 2010-11-02 23:34:26)

Why that kind of race?Most of the racers Play the Race Mod with infinite Rockets and Endless Health by rajh and redix

Edit: Blue was Faster big_smile

I have nothing to do with it, ask Marik.

But you are whining for nothing, what is so difficult in adding life and weapons on yours maps? It is totally possible to do this kind of maps with the default settings of the race mod. Same thing with the tricks that let people fire a grenade and then kill themselves, you just have to make the map so people fire grenades before the start line.

Be creative for 1 second and you will see that you can do the same maps...

Its just the Thing that 99% of the racers are playing the Race Mod by rajh And redix and its the same with the mappers