1 (edited by MassDestruction 2010-07-05 12:04:42)

Topic: [TUTORIAL] How to compile a source *windows only :(*

Hey Guys,

I saw a few topics about if others wanted to compile a source. So i thougth i just make a topic so they can do it themself. This tutorial is only for windows :( never tried it on other OS's. You may need admin account for installing the 2 programs, but compiling itself doesnt need admin.

Stuff you need:
1. Download and install Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 C/C++ Express
2. Download and install Python. the 2.7 version
3. Download and unzip bam 0.2.0
4. Download and unzip 'Source (zip)', or get a teeworlds mod source :P

Peparing your PC for Compiling.
1. Make sure everything is installed/unzipped
2. Open windows start menu, and open the programs menu. Then goto 'Microsoft Visual Studio 2008' -> 'Visual Studio Tools' -> 'Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt' and open it :P.
3. Now type "cd " followed by the path to the unzipped bam folder. So if you unzipped it on your desktop you have to enter: 'cd C:\Users\ * YOUR USERNAME *\Desktop\bam-0.2.0'. And press enter after you typed it.
4. Now type 'make_win32_msvc.bat'.
5. You see a sort of list with all nonsense stuff, wait until you see 'Generating Code...' and wait until you are sure it's finished.
6. You did it!

Compile your source
1. First think about what you want to compile:

• All Stuff, then remember 'release'

• Only the server, then remember 'server_release'

(if you want a debug version replace release with debug)
2. Open windows start menu, and open the programs menu. Then goto 'Microsoft Visual Studio 2008' -> 'Visual Studio Tools' -> 'Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt' and open it :P.
3. Now type "cd " followed by the path to the unzipped teeworlds source or mod source folder. So if you unzipped teeworlds source on your desktop you have to enter: 'cd C:\Users\ * YOUR USERNAME *\Desktop\teeworlds-0.5.2-src'. And press enter after you typed it.
4. Now type the path to the unzipped bam folder. So if you unzipped it on your desktop you have to enter: 'C:\Users\ * YOUR USERNAME *\Desktop\bam-0.2.0'. And add behind it: '\bam ' followed by the word you had to remember at step 1. After that press enter.
Example of the ending:
C:\Users\MassDestruction\Desktop\bam-0.2.0\bam server_release
5. Now just wait until that is finished, and you have compiled your first source!

I hope this help you guys! (btw, if you already have installed all stuff and prepared everything skip to 'Compile your source')

How to compile on windows
~~~ You may NOT edit, or use my work without asking permission at the topic of my work ~~~
if(!game.players[massdestruction]->get_character()) { game.send_chat_target(massdestruction, "You ever gonna learn to aim?") }

Re: [TUTORIAL] How to compile a source *windows only :(*

http://www.teeworlds.com/?wiki=CompilingEverything

Not Luck, Just Magic.

looked @ bam version and does it explain it even simple as my tut does?

How to compile on windows
~~~ You may NOT edit, or use my work without asking permission at the topic of my work ~~~
if(!game.players[massdestruction]->get_character()) { game.send_chat_target(massdestruction, "You ever gonna learn to aim?") }

Yes, Sorry sad

What's good too use here..?

Hello smile
It's my first time compiling Teeworlds.
I did all the steps above, but bam says "no "config.bam" found" and doesn't compile source sad
Config is generated when compiling bam, or i need to write/get one myself?
Where it's need to be located?

Thanks, RaZeR.
P.S: Sorry for my English, i'm from Russia big_smile

I really hate people deleting topics because of negative comments, topic should be deleted only after giving a reason to the moderator so that you can't open it just after.
About everything, as already said in the old topic, this tuto is worse on all the points, and even don't work with other OS than Windows. Unneeded - no, useless.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

7 (edited by CarmineZ 2010-08-27 08:23:11)

this tutorial is very great, but you --> Dune are just a bastard

and remember Dune, all your post or topic are useless & unnecessary,

your gamer client mod is SHIT

and when you want, program a clan war, my clan vs your clan, in any game type you want

8 (edited by btd 2010-08-27 09:57:23)

@CarmineZ: Dont flood, if you want to say smth for Dune use PM.

@Dune: Title of this topic: [TUTORIAL] How to compile a source *windows only sad*. What other OS you say?? Read carefully before post things that can be unpleasant for others.

well Dune is right... this tutorial may work for most ppl but still is worse than this in the docs xD

1st Who the fuck stores bam and teeworlds onn the desktop?
2nd why should i got to the msvc folder to open a prompt when i can open it via the startmenu and just call the environment like it is described in the docs?
3rd Also u should at least mention the "client_release" argument for bam since "release" sux xD
4th normal ppl use double klick to compile tw in windows using a simple script like this:

@echo off
if exist "%VS100COMNTOOLS%" (
    set VSPATH="%VS100COMNTOOLS%"
)
if exist "%VS90COMNTOOLS%" (
    set VSPATH="%VS90COMNTOOLS%"
)
if exist "%VS80COMNTOOLS%" (
    set VSPATH="%VS80COMNTOOLS%"
)
@echo on
call %VSPATH%vsvars32.bat
..\bam-0.2.0\src\bam client_release
pause

(this is for client release... bam directory may differ and it will work with Visual C++ 2005, 2008 and 2010)

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

I have hurt dune in pubblic, because he always offend other works with his sarcasm, but his work is worse and make vomit

@Dune: Title of this topic: [TUTORIAL] How to compile a source *windows only sad*. What other OS you say?? Read carefully before post things that can be unpleasant for others.

I know this tutorial isn't supposed to work on other OS, just saying it's one reason more to say it's useless - why would we need a only-windows-tutorial when we already have got a multiplatform one?

Not Luck, Just Magic.