Topic: [PANDORA] Pandora Port

Hi everyone,

I'm the guy who packaged Teeworlds for Debian/Ubuntu, something that was quiet simple (just shell scripts really). I've recently be learning some C, and decided to try and port Teeworlds to the Pandora (powerful, Linux handheld console, see http://www.openpandora.org).

Matricks has kindly allowed me to set up a branch on svn for this, the branch is called "pandora"

The following is the list of what I believe i need to do,

General:
Replace GLFW with SDL for initialisation and input

ec_gfx.c:
Change to create SDL window
Change functions relating to changing video mode to SDL equivalents.
Other things for opengl es 2.0 compatibility.

ec_inp.c:
Rewrite to use SDL for input.

Thankfully most of the functionality in SDL works with OpenGL ES 2.0, as its simply a subset of OpenGL 2.1.

So far, all i've managed to do is get the game to initialise in an SDL window, obviously nothing can be done then since I've yet to recode input with SDL

However I'm unsure if this is the right way to do this, I believe i could also use GLFW with minor changes, but I am not sure. Any input/opinions on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
jscinoz

Re: [PANDORA] Pandora Port

Cool, TW on a handheld. Unluckily there will never be TW on a PSP.
Good idea.

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

n1ce - any photos available?

@AMN: never heard of home brew?

Question? search function
Short movies? Lappi's link loft
Teeworlds info'n'tuts on gfx? Landil's sketchbook

Lappi wrote:

@AMN: never heard of home brew?

Sure i did. Running PSP on latest D_A firmware and fully customized. I even use it as a remote for my infrared mini chopper <3

But as said i cant imagine TW on current PSPs sad

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

Hehe matricks beat me, and incorporated SDL in the engine already for input, graphics and sound smile. So this should make my job much easier... unfortunately I doubt i can do too much more until i actually get my Pandora when it ships in November. But with SDL it should run on the pandora with only very minor tweaks and of course the recompile for ARM.

Also, for the Ubuntu users, SDL = Pulseaudio support (You now have sound in teeworlds without screwing around with padsp)

amn: I heard of some people trying to code Teeworlds for the PSP. actually the paused it because of to less time.
german: http://www.pspfreak.de/forum/psp-progra … ojekt.html
english (google-translator ftw! xD): http://translate.google.de/translate?u= … p;ie=UTF-8

and yeah, it's not a real clone, but some kind of ^^

pwnd-leader
You just got pwnd!

7 (edited by Böhse-Onkelz 2008-10-22 12:05:46)

K Them bb! :{

Hi
I must say it's a very interesting project you are doing. If you need any help than please let me know. Though I am not an expert but have good knowledge in Pandora, memory magic sticks and similar applications.  I would like to be part of it.

Look at the date of the last post i guess this project is abandoned. Although there is still a branch pandora in the trac http://teeworlds.com/trac/teeworlds/browser/branches where you can look up what have been done till now.

weill if someone still want to port it... tw is with SDL now xD

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

11 (edited by dremy 2011-08-28 21:41:28)

why just let them do it t-w in psp is great idea and this guys support us

If you want a perfect map for your own server you can PM me to make you one ^^

Please also try play nodes you may download it here!. And as always.Have a nice day

I'm wondering, did they release the Pandora yet? big_smile

Forum wrote:

2008-10-19 09:12:34

They have a lot of time to do it Oo
But no, I have already searched in the Pandora's page and nothing sad

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

Hi, I already own a Pandora and know TW from my desktop. Would be great to check it out on the console big_smile
Unfortunatly I have no experience in porting software, but would help with beta testing.

AFAIK this project is dead.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Damned sad Would be a real killer app ....