Re: [MOD] Instagib

This patch file is for Teeworlds 0.4.0 (or earlier)
You should use Instagib 1.1 from Somerunce or my patch file (older though)

spl0k, aka Al`. From the HuH clan.
Noobing pwns since 01/01/1970.
TeeViewer - TeeComp

KK, solved! Thx

/TMN\Viper [xyz]

i just want to say whoever made this mod I REALLY HATE HIM

Why?

if($poster["intelligence"] == $intelligence["idiot"])
        deny_post($poster);

I don't hate the guy who made the mod ( Somerunce I believe ), but all those ignorant people who think that all teeworlds is is the instagib mod, and are (too) proud of all the (aiming) skill they have.

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

torch wrote:

I don't hate the guy who made the mod ( Somerunce I believe ), but all those ignorant people who think that all teeworlds is is the instagib mod, and are (too) proud of all the (aiming) skill they have.

/sign

Only 1 thing can Describe this mod:
EPIC.

_|---------------------------------------|_
  |Skins StudioPaw Steam Icon Graphics |

101kl wrote:

Only 1 thing can Describe this mod:
EPIC.

/sign

/TMN\Viper [xyz]

stivikivi wrote:

i just want to say whoever made this mod I REALLY HATE HIM

no no no, the mod is great, the people who plays it isn't. wink

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

instagib destroyed teeworlds.

Ugh. No it did not. It added a feature that someone wanted. <_<

deny_post($poster);

Roanoke wrote:

Ugh. No it did not. It added a feature that someone wanted. <_<

A feature that someone wanted destroyed teeworlds.

catpaw wrote:

A feature that someone wanted and many people enjoy destroyed Teeworlds for the minority.

ziltoide wrote:
catpaw wrote:

A feature that someone wanted and many people enjoy destroyed Teeworlds for the minority.

You Fail.

|Skins StudioPaw Steam Icon Graphics |

I agree with catpaw, instagib kind of ruined TW... If there was a limited amount of servers running it it I wouldn't mind, but when every server does it... sad

Used to be very active waay back

Taste and colors...

spl0k, aka Al`. From the HuH clan.
Noobing pwns since 01/01/1970.
TeeViewer - TeeComp

92 (edited by catpaw 2008-07-21 18:37:34)

FireArrow wrote:

I agree with catpaw, instagib kind of ruined TW... If there was a limited amount of servers running it it I wouldn't mind, but when every server does it... sad

The problem is there are classic servers where nobody play upon. The only one where really is played upon from time to time is FP8 from the hardcore tee'ers. Otherwise there are classic servers just being ignored.

It runs IMHO like this. Kids log them in midday/afternoon, they choose instagib, because [I don't know]. In the late afternoon, when the grownup folk wants to play, they only see instagib servers populated anyway. So you go with the flow, since playing instagib is still better than sitting alone in a server... well then the next one comes, same situation and so on.

Anyone above the age of 20 who prefers instagib over classic teeworlds? AND who played "teewars" before the worlds move?

I mostly play ctf2 and I really really don't like to play it in instagib mode! I do like instagib dm and occasionally lost to train my aiming skills. But the real adventure is classic teewars, since limited ammunition, powerups and different weapons leads to a lot(!) more strategical gameplay, doesn't it?

Question? search function
Short movies? Lappi's link loft
Teeworlds info'n'tuts on gfx? Landil's sketchbook

94 (edited by ziltoide 2008-07-21 19:17:53)

101kl wrote:

You Fail.

Care to elaborate?

catpaw wrote:

The problem is there are classic servers where nobody play upon. The only one where really is played upon from time to time is FP8 from the hardcore tee'ers. Otherwise there are classic servers just being ignored.

People play what they want to play. I'm sure everyone goes around the server list once in a while and end up playing something else than instagib. But if there's not enough players for normal teeworlds then there isn't. You said it yourself the servers are there. Yet some of these "grown ups" resort to bashing the mod and the players who play it. Not talking about anyone specific here. There even were cases where people ran around crashing instagib servers because they wanted people to play normal teeworlds.

catpaw wrote:

It runs IMHO like this. Kids log them in midday/afternoon, they choose instagib, because [I don't know]. In the late afternoon, when the grownup folk wants to play, they only see instagib servers populated anyway. So you go with the flow, since playing instagib is still better than sitting alone in a server... well then the next one comes, same situation and so on.

Americans are all fat people and every Brit is a football hooligan. Generalization is bad, you should know better. People do go with the flow, I'll give you that.

catpaw wrote:

Anyone above the age of 20 who prefers instagib over classic teeworlds? AND who played "teewars" before the worlds move?

Well, yes, I'm over the age of 20 but didn't play teewars. Took me a while to find instagib though and that was when the game hooked me.

catpaw wrote:

Yes!
I love instagib, but I also love vanilla teeworlds. Instagib is not "easier" as most of the forum users write, it is more balanced. As one can see ingame, even nubs are able to kill a skilled player. They are not on top of the table, but they CAN achieve at least some points. If you play plain vanilla versus some really skilled players, you will become frustrated. If you've ever been shot-gun-hooked-killed for more than 5 minutes, you know what I mean.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Ping is the main factor for me. Often, I play instagib because of decent ping.

deny_post($poster);

catpaw wrote:

I'm 19, so almost 20, AND I played teewars! I totally agree to you! instagib ruined the good ol' days. And you are right with the situation: I REALLY wanna play a classic teeworlds dm on dm1 - but where if I don't wanna just idle? -.-

pwnd-leader
You just got pwnd!

Roanoke wrote:

Ping is the main factor for me. Often, I play instagib because of decent ping.

Thats the main prob at teeworlds imho. To be honest: I think 20ms do matter at instagib 40ms at plain vanilla.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Landil wrote:
catpaw wrote:

Yes!
I love instagib, but I also love vanilla teeworlds. Instagib is not "easier" as most of the forum users write, it is more balanced. As one can see ingame, even nubs are able to kill a skilled player. They are not on top of the table, but they CAN achieve at least some points. If you play plain vanilla versus some really skilled players, you will become frustrated. If you've ever been shot-gun-hooked-killed for more than 5 minutes, you know what I mean.

I recently had a huge discussion about game balance. But that an unskilled player can kill a skilled is hardly "balance". I mean chess is a almost perfectly balanced game, altough a fairly better player will almost always win. To this defiinition almost any olympic sport would be "unbalanced".

catpaw wrote:

I recently had a huge discussion about game balance. But that an unskilled player can kill a skilled is hardly "balance". I mean chess is a almost perfectly balanced game, altough a fairly better player will almost always win. To this defiinition almost any olympic sport would be "unbalanced".

insta's less elitist (I wouldn't say balanced), because you don't have to have as much experience as in classy old vinyl times (this hooking, speed thingy stuff, aso)

Question? search function
Short movies? Lappi's link loft
Teeworlds info'n'tuts on gfx? Landil's sketchbook