Re: Why do more people play DDRACE than vanilla?

UnoSkorpion wrote:

DDRace is only challenge, like a old races. But Vanilla is a skill, not fun, only hardcore

DDRace is like hopscotch and Vanilla is like chess or go smile

Ex-King of Teeworlds

This debate has run it's course.

Vanilla and DDRace are 2 entirely seperate gametypes. (Vanilla PvP and DDrace PvE) so you can't compare them and say which one is better.

It would be like asking: Are 2 m² bigger than 1 m³?

Once in a century...

DARK HUNTER wrote:

Vanilla and DDRace are 2 entirely seperate gametypes. (Vanilla PvP and DDrace PvE) so you can't compare them and say which one is better.

The topic name isn't about which one is better.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

29 (edited by Ioannisjanni 2012-08-31 17:20:34)

face it . ( not trying to be  offending but) you propably just tryed ddrace once , failed hard and then wanted to make the teeworlds community to do a puppet dance for you .  i love ddrace . if you dont like ddrace , SUE ME

EDIT: vanilla isnt bad , at all !  but you gotta face it ! the world isnt only about you ! and teeworlds is just as less about you .  you just need to calm down , relax , and let the DDracers do DDrace , and you , can go play vanilla .

if you dont like mods , then just check the standart gametype box and then maybe ... shut up !

Teeworlds!!!!

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6891/ddrvsvan.png

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

31 (edited by Ioannisjanni 2012-08-31 18:24:09)

yes , infact i believe it is an infinite contempt

Teeworlds!!!!

Throw a Teeworlds client between them and watch them fight to the death.

Ioannisjanni wrote:

face it . ( not trying to be  offending but) you propably just tryed ddrace once , failed hard and then wanted to make the teeworlds community to do a puppet dance for you .  i love ddrace . if you dont like ddrace , SUE ME

EDIT: vanilla isnt bad , at all !  but you gotta face it ! the world isnt only about you ! and teeworlds is just as less about you .  you just need to calm down , relax , and let the DDracers do DDrace , and you , can go play vanilla .

if you dont like mods , then just check the standart gametype box and then maybe ... shut up !

I'd own every single little noob in this thread. DDRace is basically for children. If you play DDRace and are over the age of 18, then I just feel sorry for you sad

Ex-King of Teeworlds

yemDX wrote:
Ioannisjanni wrote:

I'd own every single little noob in this thread. DDRace is basically for children. If you play DDRace and are over the age of 18, then I just feel sorry for you sad

then , you propably tryed out some skynet maps , try playing the new map Google , and call me when your done !

Teeworlds!!!!

Ioannisjanni wrote:

then , you propably tryed out some skynet maps , try playing the new map Google , and call me when your done !

These maps are just basically long, not really hard by themselves. Doing every challenge separately shouldn't be too hard for our manly yemDX. Although if you don't enjoy the shit, you're not gonna want to spend 4 hours on it.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I have no idea how anyone can say DDRace isn't hard, lol. I've played for a year and still can't finish many maps.

37 (edited by Ioannisjanni 2012-09-01 17:10:08)

Dune wrote:
Ioannisjanni wrote:

These maps are just basically long, not really hard by themselves. Doing every challenge separately shouldn't be too hard for our manly yemDX. Although if you don't enjoy the shit, you're not gonna want to spend 4 hours on it.

havent thought about it like that .  you are absolutely right , but this is my point( this is ment for yemDX) , if you dont like DDrace , go ahead and dont like it ,  why tell me  if its easy or not , i dont care ! shut the f*ck up and go play frigging vanilla ! nobody wants to hear you complain !

Teeworlds!!!!

yemDX wrote:
Ioannisjanni wrote:

Yeah, I agree with you YemDX. Every vanilla player could own every noob in this thread.
So could all of us vanilla players here too!
@Ioannisjanni: Ive tried DDrace 20 times and then got bored and got obbsessed with instagib and vannila. DDrace is far too easy.
Nobody wants to hear you freaking complaining either and more than us! Feals like ive been playing everything but DDrace for at least a year. (I only played DDrace a week, so yeah.)

no

Lord Kirby wrote:

DDrace is far too easy.

Try DDWar and get enemy or Blmaps.
Then you will see what's easy

- Günther Branlutte

HeroiAmarelo wrote:
Lord Kirby wrote:

DDrace is far too easy.

Try DDWar and get enemy or Blmaps.
Then you will see what's easy

Let's 1v1 in block dude I'll wreck you

Ex-King of Teeworlds

That's already too much guys.

To answer yemDX's original question as to why people play ddrace more than vanilla, I'll name a fee of my reasons. I enjoy playing ctf as much as ddrace or other mods. If I had to pick a favorite mod, it would definitely be ctf because a very nice ctf match trumps a ddrace game easily. However that wasn't yem's question, just my opinion. Anyway, as a USA player, the vanilla scene isn't as active here due to the fact that we do not have as many players. Therefor I revert to mods such as race and ddrace because for one, I love the mod, and there isn't any ctf action happening. You could ask why I don't play on European ctf servers, but with 140 ping it isn't that feasible unless I use TDTW client but even then, it's just not as fun. The people like yemDX whom are always complaining, there are always ctf games occuring. Go play on those servers and you can stay out of the ones you hate. Simple as that.

yemDX wrote:

Let's 1v1 in block dude I'll wreck you

I'm not saying that I'm a pro blocker, I'm a noob player smile
But, sure!
Contact me via skype and we can make a tournament battle some day! big_smile
Add HeroiAmarelo

- Günther Branlutte

44 (edited by Learath2 2012-09-02 11:43:44)

yemDX wrote:

I'd own every single little noob in this thread. DDRace is basically for children. If you play DDRace and are over the age of 18, then I just feel sorry for you

Lord Kirby wrote:

Yeah, I agree with you YemDX. Every vanilla player could own every noob in this thread.
@Ioannisjanni: Ive tried DDrace 20 times and then got bored and got obbsessed with instagib and vannila. DDrace is far too easy.
Nobody wants to hear you freaking complaining either and more than us! Feals like ive been playing everything but DDrace for at least a year. (I only played DDrace a week, so yeah.)

And still you are bragging about how awesome you are. SRSLY wtf is up with you both acting so immature like 2nd grade kids ( He He i beat you). This is not a 1v1 station either. This topic is going way off and becoming your brag station. Everyone has right to chose what he plays you can't judge that by IQ.
FACT: Your IQ isn't higher then me just because you play vanilla.

I could've chosen to play vanilla for the last 1,5 month but i chose to play DDRace. Can you call someone at ice cream stand stupid because he didn't chose strawberry. I just preferred challanging myself against the computer instead of other players.

Guys its not a crime really. Playing vanilla doesnt give you bragging rights. Stop it okay if you can't keep mature and keep going offtopic flaming and bragging then this topic should be closed.

I just code and play DDRace nothing fancy smile

Lord Kirby wrote:
yemDX wrote:
Ioannisjanni wrote:

DDrace
is propably one of the most boring modes in teeworlds , but  is fun , when playing with *non kids*
i got addicted to opnfng and z-catch , zEsc,  and race , cause i got bored of playing the same old crap that they call maps . but thats over , cause there are some awesome maps out there ! , and  why do i need to keep repeating  myself , if you , yemDX think DDrace is to easy,  then why do you complain about something people do like ,  your giving your *unwanted* opinion about this ! i dont care , and nobody else cares either !

Teeworlds!!!!

Learath2 wrote:

Can you call someone at ice cream stand stupid because he didn't chose strawberry.

It's more correct to say "Can you call someone who went to college stupid just because he majored in the Arts." The answer is yes, by the way.

Ioannisjanni wrote:

DDrace
is propably one of the most boring modes in teeworlds , but  is fun , when playing with *non kids*

Yes, DDRace is fun when playing with non-kids. So is chatting on IRC or Skype. DDRace just adds a little mini-game to the chatroom. I feel sorry for the DDRace "pros" though, who actually take it seriously.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Dune wrote:
DARK HUNTER wrote:

But naturally people play better mods more than they play bad mods right?

On a side note: To all I must say once again: Do NOT confuse DDRace with DDRace-based modifications (DDWar;+DDRace...)

On ddrace.info we dishonor those DDRace-based mods as well. (I just generalized in a forum...Crap..)

Once in a century...

48 (edited by Dune 2012-09-02 18:59:04)

Dune wrote:
DARK HUNTER wrote:

But naturally people play better mods more than they play bad mods right?

Nope. People naturally play more casual gametypes when they don't wanna improve on the hard ones. Doesn't mean these mods are actually more skilled/balanced or something.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Broken wrote:

I have no idea how anyone can say DDRace isn't hard, lol. I've played for a year and still can't finish many maps.

I have no idea how anyone can say DDRace is hard, lol. I've played for a year and can finish every map.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

50 (edited by 2012-09-02 22:39:43)

yemDX wrote:
Broken wrote:

I have no idea how anyone can say DDRace is hard, lol. I've played for a year and can finish every map.

Obviosly you haven't played all maps ;D

Dune wrote:

Nope. People naturally play more casual gametypes when they don't wanna improve on the hard ones. Doesn't mean these mods are actually more skilled/balanced or something.

Never said that they were more skilled/balanced. When I said good I meant "fun". Why are you twisting my words? Don't do it man it's not cool.

Once in a century...