Re: we need new clans - fast!!!

1. Don't discuss moderation in public!
2. Please stick to topic, otherwise posts will get deleted and this thread will get closed.

Thanks in advance

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

77 (edited by fameless 2011-12-19 18:21:47)

For the ladder system:
Imo it should have 4 sections: Vanilla, Instagib, Race (already exist), Dm1/ctf1 - 1on1 /2on2 maybe

How to proceed: (for clans)
- min. 3 members => min 3on3.
- All Members of an existing clan are listed in a small clan page (profile)
- Differ between Clan Wars / Funwars (Clanwars can be fought +10 / -10 ranks based on your own rank)
-  Funwar - Matches which are not within those 20 Ranks. (can be listed too, but have no influence on the rank)
- only Clanwars will be rated - win 3 points, lose 1, tie 2 (only possible on time based wars)
(Why 1 point for lose? - just a reward for you, that you even fought a cw. => Even new clans can get points and ranks)
- only wars, which were offered will be rated; means you first have to invite for a clanwar and both sides have to agree on the end with scores (the scores have to be posted by the inviter / acceptor) + screenshot. (wrong: 611 - 231; right: 600 - 200)
- all members should have the right to invite other clans for a match
- maybe some rewards (see teerace)

1on1/2on2:
- equivalent to clans
- personal stats, like deaths, kills etc. only for 1on1 (for clanwars its too unbalanced, since you have different positions)

So far~

1338 - One step ahead of the average Nerd.

sounds like a cool idea, but who will sacrifice himself for doing it, this is gonna be a whole lot of work. what would also be awesome is a gather system where players can register themselves for random matches. this would also raise acitivity a lot because you dont have to wait for a server to get full, i never understood how servers get full, some guy have to wait ages alone til other players join big_smile for some who dont know what a gather is: some guy creates a gather with settings for the map, XonX, scorelimit, server ip and then waits for other guys who join his gather. everyone can join, so this would also get newer or players who arent that good introtuced to vanilla. this is of course very far-fetched, do we even have guys who COULD do something like that?

79 (edited by Franchan 2011-12-20 05:56:38)

All this goes back to an account/ clan system that first needs to be implemented.

[or alot of hard work by the community which might not be realistic at the moment ]

i havent ment that this should be work by the devs (well, it could, since they are here they could also contribute to the discussion instead of crying about if its offtopic or not). this should be made as a seperate homepage like teerace, as an community project which has nothing to do with the actual teeworlds developement

StyLe wrote:

i havent ment that this should be work by the devs (well, it could, since they are here they could also contribute to the discussion instead of crying about if its offtopic or not). this should be made as a seperate homepage like teerace, as an community project which has nothing to do with the actual teeworlds developement

There are not many active devs left. And personally I prefer being active and developing than joining a discussion about how it could be. If there is not anyone who codes it there is not a chance to get changes done. If you want to participate developing teeworlds you should start contributing. IMO the best way to get new changes done is get feedback from Oy or #teeworlds-dev and code it in consultation with the corresponding developer.

Besides, there are so many bugs to fix (https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds/issues).

I'm not a coder, but imo it's not that easy to create a working account system with decentralized servers. Man in the middle attacks are quite easy, are not they?

edit:Oh and just a note in the margin. If you are speaking of the dev's responsability to develop this game you should take into consideration we are all doing this in our free time and most of us do not go to school anymore. We need to earn a life and developing a game in our freetime is supposed to make fun. And to be honest, in the past weeks there have been weekends I was dedicating 20+hrs to graphical development. That ain't that funny as it may sound.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

82 (edited by StyLe 2011-12-20 09:38:23)

Landil wrote:
StyLe wrote:

There are not many active devs left. And personally I prefer being active and developing than joining a discussion about how it could be. If there is not anyone who codes it there is not a chance to get changes done. If you want to participate developing teeworlds you should start contributing. IMO the best way to get new changes done is get feedback from Oy or #teeworlds-dev and code it in consultation with the corresponding developer.

Besides, there are so many bugs to fix (https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds/issues).

I'm not a coder, but imo it's not that easy to create a working account system with decentralized servers. Man in the middle attacks are quite easy, are not they?

edit:Oh and just a note in the margin. If you are speaking of the dev's responsability to develop this game you should take into consideration we are all doing this in our free time and most of us do not go to school anymore. We need to earn a life and developing a game in our freetime is supposed to make fun. And to be honest, in the past weeks there have been weekends I was dedicating 20+hrs to graphical development. That ain't that funny as it may sound.

well, it should be fun when you see the result. thousands of players enjoying this game every day, or from your side, enjoying the tilesets, skins and all that stuff. this would pretty much push my ego in a state nearly 10 gramm of coke in one immens line . if it isnt fun, why do you do it at all?

besides oy i dont even know one coder who is actively changing the source and developing new things, but as far as i know, oy does his job well and noone is complaing about that. you got me wrong, i dont blame the devs, imo they do a great job (some will see this otherwise, but haters gonna hate), the idea i made should rather get a community project, but well, we dont even know if someone have the knowledge to do something like that.

StyLe wrote:

well, it should be fun when you see the result. thousands of players enjoying this game every day, or from your side, enjoying the tilesets, skins and all that stuff. this would pretty much push my ego in a state nearly 10 gramm of coke in one immens line . if it isnt fun, why do you do it at all?

Do you see many thanks for the graphical devpmt all around? There are lot of people for criticizing, suggesting stuff, or asking for getting the old back, but few for supporting. Most of the what they do, they do it for themselves because it's funny, and also because you feel like having some responsibility to finish your projetcs.

besides oy i dont even know one coder who is actively changing the source and developing new things, but as far as i know, oy does his job well and noone is complaing about that. you got me wrong, i dont blame the devs, imo they do a great job (some will see this otherwise, but haters gonna hate), the idea i made should rather get a community project, but well, we dont even know if someone have the knowledge to do something like that.

Oy is more of a maintainer than a coder imo; there is not much important stuff he has coded himself, though he's making what we're expecting from him.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Sure, every release I took part in is better than any drug. It's great fun to do all the stuff, but it comes along with some not that cool business: community. There are times when I spend the whole time of my teeworlds freetime to answer community help requests. I do love this, too but sometimes it's just too much. And as I stated at my blog it quite often feels like a one man graphical army. There are some skilled people out there e.g. Skizz who recently became my new padawan, but teaching him, giving him feedback how to draw teeish graphics, takes it time, too. And then it might happen when people are ready to actively support me they lose interest in teeworlds, e.g. Crises stopped developing. ...

Back to topic: imo we need more people who contribute independently and who are really interested in developing this game. Create a concept, then discuss it with the people at #teeworlds-dev, find a coder, code it, test it, rework it, test it with the devs and then create a pull request. Sometimes all the work is useless, because you find out that your concept does not work as you imagined. But that's life and we need people who can deal with this.

Back to the real topic: an account system with a ladder system is great. If we find a team who creates a working technical concept for decentralized servers and one master server we will be one step near the realisation of it.

As i said it does not have to be built from scratch, i remember 'Lanta' using some CMS for our old project, the Funwar Cup. Those types of ranking systems (already created, "only" needs hosting and being adequately set and maintained) are enough for the current needs. The more minimalistic, the better. The cup we did actually didnt work that bad, if i remember right we had somewhere to 200 registered users in a short time smile

If we extend this to a ladder and not only a cup/tournament, it would be worth a try.

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

i have an idea which could make some changes in the temporary clan situation, which is also the main thing why i have made this topic. i want to discuss it first with some ppl before i get the idea on tracks since it needs a bit more planing and changes.

stay tuned, and pls don´t close, just split the OT part smile