51 (edited by fameless 2011-12-07 16:15:34)

Re: we need new clans - fast!!!

TeePhoenix wrote:
fameless wrote:

Yeah like flying with the hammer and being almost invisible to everyone.

How often does this happen? How often can you do this without getting hit? Nearly never? Ah, ok...

Btw. this is a flaw of teeworlds, not of this map and can be done in every open map.

It always happens if you play none public games, like clanwars. Besides its easy not being detected till you reach a certain high. Newbies need a wall to fly up, most "older" players can hammerfly very fast and at every place. So, yeah ctf5 is the only open standard map.

TeePhoenix wrote:
fameless wrote:

Ctf5 is too "unteeish" to be a good map, compared to all standart maps. Newbies like it, because its easy to play and move baisc ways

CTF2 is too "unteeish" to be a good map, compared to all standart maps. Snotties like it, because they feel special if they master it...

Good flame. Oh I mean good point, since you did not even get the meaning.

TeePhoenix wrote:

By the way: Have you something ontopic to say what wasnt still said?

Yeah I do if you stop flaming and crorrecting my texts.

1338 - One step ahead of the average Nerd.

In my opinion, people should help each other. Find some medium skilled players which have time and they really want to play, not the ones which will play for month and not anymore, and train them. Play with them on your trainings and help to be better. As one of ProTeeGy leaders I would say only one thing - If you want to play with us, just find one of our members. Medium or low skilled players are also needed in our clan. We are looking for someone who would like to play better and spend time in good atmosphere (no trolls needed). We have also a ts3 server in which we can create a channel for your clan. Just speak to me or Flubber in game.

no shit nobody plays on ctf2 when you retards for year a kicked every new player lolz
actually i think its cool ctf kids are dying, makes up for abandoning 1on1 which was the best era in tw
nowdays only german kids playing some bbrace or whatever is this shit, tw pretty much dead, looks like nobody even plays insta anymore
sad

sounds like we kicked you for being a total faggot, live with it
we dont kick everyone, just guys like you who immediately join a game, flame when moved to spec and generally behave like a mentally retarded

55 (edited by Captain AMN 2011-12-09 11:58:55)

Behold, personal experience and opinion following: After playing ddrace for a decent time, i can say that it's only time waste and it's initial fun that lures you into playing it more often gradually becomes boredom, developing only into a resort where you can retreat after being disappointed by failed captain games or waiting for clanwars to take place. Of course there are still thousands of players still attracted to this sort of bullshit that has emerged from the coding underworld due to it's perfectly good working teamwork. Everyone has fun helping each other and saving them from the freeze, combined with cute looking emoticon-eye morphing gimmicks and chatting that guarantee for a teeish experience. It's the perfect micro teeworlds. It's the perfect bullshit that only distracts you from the real teeworlds with it's different facettes ranging from the public dm2 massacres without the risk of being harrassed to the point where your ears start to bleed by underaged insta-impotent home-schooled antisocial self-declared internet gangsters to the high classed matches between rivalry clans using advanced methods to beat the average noob. Too long has teeworlds suffered from attracting but unsophisticated mods, now being on the secure path of losing it's identity, almost risking to drown in it's own shit as a result of providing it's own self as an easily exploitable base by offering everyone to publish their shitty mods to a great audience that more than often has the impression to deal with official releases. Unfinished or not, if teeworlds hands it's fate over to unresponsible and inactive moderators and developers, the results do not surprise by any means.There is too much freedom for the average Joe to interfere with teeworlds DNA, breeding a miscarriage that will eat it's own kids soon enough. Stop this monstrosity and let ratio win over chaos.

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

Gotta love AMN for that

Not Luck, Just Magic.

StyLe wrote:

we dont kick everyone, just guys like you who immediately join a game, flame when moved to spec and generally behave like a mentally retarded

lol "we",  i am not talking about myself i would own you with one hand if i played for 2 weeks
i'm just saying its kinda stupid to say there are not enough players when you dont let any new play, and don't tell me that only rude players are kicked because every time when Qi server was still on if some noob joined it was insta flame and kick
If you play cap games over and over with the same ppl (and i even have seen good players not being picked because they are not "known") no shit when these ppl get bored you are left with nothing

w/e tw development stopped long time ago anyway, last version that had any meaningful gameplay changes was 0.4 irrc (and player limit increase in 0.5) which was what, almost 4 years ago? there is no gameplay developer and oy doesn't even have time for tw anyway
kinda amused anybody still plays it
dota2 beta gogogo

58 (edited by fameless 2011-12-09 14:35:44)

bash wrote:
StyLe wrote:

lol "we",  i am not talking about myself i would own you with one hand if i played for 2 weeks
i'm just saying its kinda stupid to say there are not enough players when you dont let any new play, and don't tell me that only rude players are kicked because every time when Qi server was still on if some noob joined it was insta flame and kick
If you play cap games over and over with the same ppl (and i even have seen good players not being picked because they are not "known") no shit when these ppl get bored you are left with nothing

w/e tw development stopped long time ago anyway, last version that had any meaningful gameplay changes was 0.4 irrc (and player limit increase in 0.5) which was what, almost 4 years ago? there is no gameplay developer and oy doesn't even have time for tw anyway
kinda amused anybody still plays it
dota2 beta gogogo

big_smile
That remembers me of 2 anti-clan players.
Chi1's and daniel's attitude: "you guys became a way too elite. Being elite is good, but not enough; there's no way to reach you, because there's no way to play against you." Skill is developing equal to your enemy. x)

Well its true, that crap games really destroyed vanilla, since every unknown tee got kicked, but you need to face the other side as well. When cap games came up, right after funwar-nations-crap finished the ctf2 scene was most active. Players wanted to play good and long lasting games, which were kinda balanced. Therefore newbies were kicked. Tw provides most fun, if you play against an even enemy. Thats what cap games were based on. The only annoying thingy on those crap games are the whole waiting periods. You have to wait till your team has been chosen, tees being afk every 5 min, .... . Never ending Story big_smile

I liked the old ckz-server most of all, because good and long lasting public games came up at least twice a day.
Imo vanilla did not die because of us kicking newbies, but because of Tw turning into a chat and meet your internet buddies game. DDrace, City mods, Blockwar/DDraceblock or whatever its called (most stupid mod ever seen) have nothing to do with a retro shooter. Face the fact, if you start Tw you have 70% ddrace, 10% instagib, 2-3 infection servers, 5-6 zcatch servers + a couple different dm/ctf servers.

Todays players are not interested in vanilla tw, but in fooling around. Since there's no league or goal, like giga-liga provided for most germans. Most players have no atrraction to get better.

1338 - One step ahead of the average Nerd.

59 (edited by Apmox 2011-12-09 16:23:56)

Dune wrote:

Gotta love AMN for that

I think I fell in love with him, too. I don't care if people will downvote him or us saying he's right, because he absolutely is.

» Albert Einsteein: I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

offtopic: There's no point in raving against a gametype you don't personally like.

ontopic: We will offer a 24/7 server of any gametype to any USA clan of at least 4 committed players.

Is there any north american teeworlds league? I know of none and I think it would help to get more people to play tw if there was some regular competition going on.

62 (edited by Variecs 2011-12-15 02:25:46)

So, let's start with ctf6. You guys are flaming around about how bad that map is or that it isn't that good. But why didn't we change it for such a long time? I wanna remind you one topic, where i involved an idea to remake ctf6 map yourselves. Only me and one more guy have done that. And after all no1 didn't even comment those remakes. So i'm pretty sure that vanilla community is just too lazy to care about it. It's fine playing ctf2, so why should we think about some foreign map? Looks like a true story, but teeworlds developers are even more lazy, so we seem to be the only force that can move this rock out of its current place. I'm trying to develop a map for wc3, so i know what means lazy: you meet some errors, you have no idea what is the reason and you just leave this s..t for 2-3 months. So do not hope someone to replace you, if you have time and interest - do this.
Now, about the clan scene. Why clans are dying? Let's look at little bit deeper. Everyone has it's own life and interests. I personally left Teeworlds to play LoL (yeah, just like iB), and because i was bored to complain again and again with rustnab banning me on each server possible. So who else will leave Teeworlds this way? As you can see, there's a lot of players that do. When more than two players of the same clan do this at the same time, clan stops it's existing. Community met two ways to create a long-living clan:
1) Make it a label. For the long two years Qi was the clan who could beat anyone. By seeing a Qi tag you could say - it's a top top player. I even thought this clan can exist without any members. It is all about the politics of the clan: we are best, and we take best, and if you think we aren't - fail competing us. This was working for a two years, but nothing is infinite.
2) Make a big clan. This doesn't mean you should take everyone. This means you have to select the group of players you are able to take, and then spread the information about  the whole community that this clan exists and is recruiting. That's the politics of EVIL and Z-team, and they work fine. Even b switching their lineup twice a day, they are still able to impress other clans with their skill. I was actually following Z-team for the whole time they existed, so i know how many players passed through this. And nearly all of them was pretty good.
So as you can see, these are two models of the long-existing clan. Most of other clans are a temporary group of players or perhaps a team fighting together. To be a static formation you need something more, listed above. I think high scene should think about it before creating a new bunch of clans.
The third question is mods. I think it's the stuff which destroys the Teeworlds itself. You just come in here and meet a choise: go to the arrogant ctf2 community or easy and fun mode like ddrace you expected to see here in such a fun shining game. I think the choise is obvious. But saying that ctf2 community should change is strange: why should pro players care about noobs? It's common for any online game: you wait until you become good or you say "screw that" and leave. Look at quakelive: trying to play there for a first time wll turn out in flying arond like a dummy from one rocket to another. I'm pretty sure 80% of the newcomers just don't want to continue playing. But here you come, make an obvious choise and stay playing noob modes. Even those 20% are gone. I have no idea what can we do about all of this, but it is obviously a big trouble we have to deal with.

on the map debate... have ctf lava replace ctf6?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Move ddrace to its own master server and you'll lose fewer vanilla players to it. DDrace has nothing to do with teeworlds and getting that abomination of a mod out of the server list is the only way to stop it spreading like a disease.

65 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:05:00)

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

Whoa, whoa, calm down. People complaining here are not the one who are making decisions about that, and it's VERY unlikely that a gametype would ever get banned from the masterservers, unless it's broadcasting itself as pure or faking players.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Variecs wrote:

So, let's start with ctf6. You guys are flaming around about how bad that map is or that it isn't that good. But why didn't we change it for such a long time? I wanna remind you one topic, where i involved an idea to remake ctf6 map yourselves. Only me and one more guy have done that. And after all no1 didn't even comment those remakes. So i'm pretty sure that vanilla community is just too lazy to care about it. It's fine playing ctf2, so why should we think about some foreign map? Looks like a true story, but teeworlds developers are even more lazy, so we seem to be the only force that can move this rock out of its current place. I'm trying to develop a map for wc3, so i know what means lazy: you meet some errors, you have no idea what is the reason and you just leave this s..t for 2-3 months. So do not hope someone to replace you, if you have time and interest - do this.

Well, at least you play a game to have fun. The highlevel players are playing highlevelmatches on maps which are able to play in highlevelstyle. And we (the players) are there to play the game, the developers decided to create the game, (sorry) but why should we do the work to make us the game interesting again? As you can see, the players who are bored of it are leaving to other games or to other mods and why? Because the game is boring, and who has the work to make the game still interesting for us? The developers, not the players on theirself...
So you cant call us lazy, we just dont have to, if someone wants to do it, do it, but dont think the community HAVE TO help him.

Variecs wrote:

Everyone has it's own life and interests. I personally left Teeworlds to play LoL (yeah, just like iB), and because i was bored to complain again and again with rustnab banning me on each server possible.

lol

RUSterrorist wrote:

why should we do the work to make us the game interesting again? As you can see, the players who are bored of it are leaving to other games or to other mods and why? Because the game is boring, and who has the work to make the game still interesting for us? The developers, not the players on theirself...

No one of the developpers is begging for ur help
and if the game is boring for u now, why do u still playing?
the time of reign is over, nobody cares about a "king"!
bye. would be good to everyone if u leave.

Variecs wrote:

Everyone has it's own life and interests. I personally left Teeworlds to play LoL (yeah, just like iB), and because i was bored to complain again and again with rustnab banning me on each server possible.

Oh.. Rus kicked someone ?!!! cant be truth !!!!!!! xDD
wow [...]

smile

And hey, i thought the Topic was about Clans.
=/

*~°~~°~ Ryomou Wins... Flawless Victory ! ~°~~°~*
Support me: Subscribe!
[Fatality]

Ryomou Hentai Girl wrote:

No one of the developpers is begging for ur help
and if the game is boring for u now, why do u still playing?
the time of reign is over, nobody cares about a "king"!
bye. would be good to everyone if u leave.

And hey, i thought the Topic was about Clans.
=/

1. I know that they arent, but am i saying that they are begging us for help? I am explaining why noone want to do some maps.
2. Complaining about offtopic? I see, not everyone can only write usefull posts in here like you are doing...

btw.:

Ryomou Hentai Girl wrote:

Sorry ppl but i had to write this.. the legend of tw is trolling again sad .. xD
but i dont wanna mess up with the topic because of that guy..

ignore this back to the topic pls.

hm?

Just fucking stop to post smth in here, you arent playing vanilla anyway and you arent able to play it because of your ping. So who is ONLY trolling in here?

RUSterrorist wrote:

Just fucking stop to post smth in here, you arent playing vanilla anyway and you arent able to play it because of your ping. So who is ONLY trolling in here?

I just love rusterrorist's aggressive stance big_smile

Once in a century...

This is the second time I have to tell you to stop and get back on topic.

Kottizen: instead of saying all the time u should just close the topic or delete all OT posts. Also u should read the posts before deciding to ban ppl because of flaming.

sry for OT... seriously close this shit here.. nobody will talk about clans here anymore... -.-

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Sushi Tee wrote:

Kottizen: instead of saying all the time u should just close the topic or delete all OT posts. Also u should read the posts before deciding to ban ppl because of flaming.

sry for OT... seriously close this shit here.. nobody will talk about clans here anymore... -.-

Rule xxx, do not discuss moderation in public. It's Kottizen's choice to give this topic a second chance, I myself believe it's the right decision and since he's the mod here, I think we'll have to respect his decision.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

74 (edited by Variecs 2011-12-19 16:18:48)

I didn't ask you presonally to make sth, rustnab. Just asking some1 to do that, some1 who cares about this game.

Why would you critize Kottizen? As a mod, his job is to enforce the forum rules, which state that offtopic-nonsense doesn't belong into any kind of discussion, aswell as discussing mod-decisions publicly. I already wondered why some people haven't been warned earlier here, im tired of reading personal flamewars smile So yeah, let's just finish this topic off.

Does anybody have suggestions for a league-system like the german GLL was? One that is easy to use and not overloaded with silly stuff. I think a little competition won't save vanilla, but atleast people will try to win as often as possible to _officially_ remain in the top clan section. I think BANANA's TeeRace already offers a good platform for this. With some slight modification it could be a very cool website, or, if anyone knows of a good alternative, we could work on it as a community project. After all, everyone could benefit from it. Nowadays the only source of seeing who the best clans are is to check their own forums and their (manually) saved clanwar-screenshots. Sometimes the screenshots don't even represent all of the truth, but still it's a funny way to compete with each other. It's more like a little trophy big_smile So basically, to gather all this information on a very comfortable website would be atleast worth a try. A long term league has many advantages for the long run and short term effect aswell. I would volunteer to help in some ways to establish this project. This community has already mastered much more difficult projects and i would really wonder if this one wouldn't turn out good. We have a lot of little geniuses here i believe big_smile We can use existing alternatives aswell, unfortunately i am not well informed about existing ladder-systems which we could use. It's just about the spirit, it doesn't have to be the best self-created ladder system ever.

Some info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladder_tournament

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***