Re: we need new clans - fast!!!

Perhaps when accounts are made, a few ladder/ranking servers?

That might make teeworlds a bit more competitive and give people an incentive to get better and join the high level scene.

27 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:11:44)

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

About ctf6:

ctf6 is being played on some maprotation servers, and it's actually a cool map imo. It's a hard map to play because of the pickups layout (shields & hearts far appart), I still think that's a retarded idea (that I criticized from the start), but the map layout is nice. It's a nice competitive map.

Reply to TPhoenix and to ctf5 players everywhere:

TPhoenix, it's interesting to have the viewpoint of a ctf5 player. Please don't make this thread diverge into a flamewar between ctf2 and ctf5 players. Of course there's never going to be peace, because the personalities are very different and you don't have the same history, but no one is asking you to play ctf2. The thread is asking for more vanilla clans.

It's also not the place to discuss ctf2 vs ctf5. By competitive, we mean it's a good map to play clan wars on. Vanilla desperately needs more clans, because clans encourage activity (map creation, new players, etc) and clan wars are good fun.

To play a clanwar you need a map that's adapted to (a) the number of available players (b) the mechanics of a clan war. ctf5 is not a competitive map because it's too big for the number of available players, like Style stated, but also because it is _too_ easy to run, especially with a bodyguard, in a coordinated game. It's challenging in a public game where your teammates barely show any support, but if two "elite" clans start a CW on ctf5 it's just pointless. It's way too easy to  camp your base (more than ctf2 because of the lack of flagstand and non-hookable tiles), contrarily to what you said, the 4 ways to get the flag are easy as pie to defend. I play ctf5 regularly and have done so since its inception, before it was released. I have played _a lot_, I don't dislike the map for solo playing, you can have good fun running around and it's indeed dynamic. But put 14/16 pro players with dedicated positions, and voice chat, and you have no game, you just have a big waste of time. And yes ctf2 is different.

I hope you understand my point and we don't keep the thread going on that particular topic that's been discussed to death.

Back to the topic, we'd like vanilla clans, they can play mostly on ctf5, we don't care (for the record, EVIL started off as a ctf5 clan (actually, the biggest one), and during their transition to a higher skilled clan switched to ctf2. Most of them didn't like ctf2 at first, some even hated it with passion. Now, there's no contest on who has won their heart). I'd prefer clans that play _all_ official maps, like the tee god intended tees to do (and what we did in Qi -- we played CWs on ctf5 when asked to). But mostly we want clans of every shape, skill level and map preference. Even every gametype if they want, as long as vanilla is still their main focus.

The goal is to recreate the vibrant community of the early days (0.3 / 0.4) with tons of clans, fun public games, many clan wars, and a wider level span. Because the general level was lower back then.

Your lack of motivation to join or create a clan is understandable, even if some of your reasons don't apply (voice chat has never been mandatory). Don't think we're calling to you exclusively. There are many other players that fit the profile among ctf5 and instagib players smile. But there are many very small clans, many players in inactive clans, who just have the tag, etc.

The best outcome of this thread would be to see players unite in new teams, whatever their preferred map, see new active vanilla servers pop out, and see many CWs of various levels taking place. We need a midlevel scene.

TeePhoenix wrote:

As an example I made a record

Cool frag at 20:50

30 (edited by RUSterrorist 2011-12-01 14:45:00)

Ryomou Hentai Girl wrote:
RUSterrorist wrote:
Magnet wrote:

I'm also sure the flaming attitude of some high-level players has put off many potential players in the past.

<3

Haha.. ofc RusTerrorist agreed with this quote.

All that Magnet said is so true!!! That's why most of us never go to ctf servers: people get kicked always, sometimes just because they not part of their "network of friendships" / "groups" or clans [...]
;D

Noobs never have a chance to play with them and practice... fact !
Happens all the time.

If this kind of atittude from old players never change, will be hard for the new ones play that mods and get some "high level" [...]
tongue

RusTerrorist wrote:

thats why there wont be any new legends like Me (:P) and ofc some more, but the most are lost.

.... LOL ...
ofc, with u always kicking people and trolling everyone....

xDDDDD

no comments.

Magnet wrote:

I will provide 2 servers to one new clan, granted the following conditions:

* they have ad-free website and forum
* they are not German, Polish or Russian speaking -- I'd rather like an international, English-speaking, clan, but I'll accept UK, French, Italians, Spanish, Swede or Dutch players. It's a "diversity" clause.
* that they show a decent maturity level.

This last one will be hard to find.. i had to laugh.
Just look the example of the guy who calls himself the "legend of tw" over here... LOL

seriously.
xD

its like you fall in love with me, you always have to speak to/about me, i blocked you (1 year ago?) and always read from players you talk to me al time when i am in a server with you, grow up child. I am a legend and dont have to prove anything about my skill if you want it or not, if you like it or not. smile
And i guess this thread is more about the european scene, so you wouldnt be helpfull anyway with your 300 ping. Brasil has a nice community on its own afaik, but i heard you arent welcome there, because you act like a kid, lol.

@TeePhoenix: Epic answer, lulz. After i read that i hate ctf2 now, too. big_smile
BUT i have to disagree with 1 point, if a real "highlevel" player from ctf2 comes to ctf5 and he gets topscore (what should be in the most cases) then they are the most effective players, too.

I am playing ctf5, too. But not that often, but when i do i always feel playing alone. Means: getting flag, defending flag/getting flag back and defending our flagger.
Thats why we are the highlevel player, we always know what to do (even if its not our ctf2 map), and we are awesome in doing our job. big_smile

B2T: Well, to avoid the problem with everybody who is unknown gets kicked, we just could disable the kick- and specvotes from all servers, and maybe the capgame vote.
Then the admins will decide on themself if a capgame is possible or just go on with public gaming. (doesnt mean i would stop abusing adminstuff, lulz)

btw, the real problem about the cap games isnt that the highlevel scene always plays them, its that they even play 4on4 cg's on ctf2 if there are enough people to play it on ctf6, to test playing it on ctf5 etc.

afaik we played a highlevel capgame on ctf6, and some clanwars on ctf5...

Wow. Few years ago there were a lot of high level clans.

Attention,
Don't read this message if u are not the troll over there..

RUSterrorist wrote:

its like you fall in love with me, you always have to speak to/about me, i blocked you (1 year ago?) and always read from players you talk to me al time when i am in a server with you, grow up child. I am a legend and dont have to prove anything about my skill if you want it or not, if you like it or not. :)
And i guess this thread is more about the european scene, so you wouldnt be helpfull anyway with your 300 ping. Brasil has a nice community on its own afaik, but i heard you arent welcome there, because you act like a kid, lol.

LOL... so seems u are the one worried about me... why would u know something about me in brazilian servers ? xDDD .. and u are very wrong (as always, trolling)
WHERE DO U HEAR SO MUCH ABOUT ME ALWAYS ??? xDD ... i never talk to u, why should i waste my time .. xD .. omg ( i shouldnt answer to this now anyways but u are talking about me =D )
and thanks for the lovely message but no, i dont love trolls ! and who likes u ? nobody, they only talk to u because u are "good player" ... and i dont need nobody to likes me in a game. If people talk to me its just ok.
and i wont waste my time writing to u, i dont care about u
;)

and ok, i confess, i only like to laugh about u, so... thanks for making me laugh always with ur shit (not always u are so funny as u wanna be ... and well... trying to be funny, who is the kid ? Seriously.)

----

Sorry ppl but i had to write this.. the legend of tw is trolling again :( .. xD
but i dont wanna mess up with the topic because of that guy..

ignore this back to the topic pls.

Moderator, sorry, and feel free to delete/hide this message.. its very useless *--*

*~°~~°~ Ryomou Wins... Flawless Victory ! ~°~~°~*
Support me: Subscribe!
[Fatality]

and who likes u ?

I.

i wont waste my time writing to u

u already did.

then don't do it.

back to the topic pls.

dremy wrote:

I want help how to Make my clan more popular i mean i have make a site with all the info for it.The bad part is i cant make a server to make it popular so give me other ideas

Clan Name:Mafia

Site: www.teeworlds-future-clan.yolasite.com

I don't know your clan. would you tell us a little bit more about it ? which maps do u play ? is it an only vanilla clan ? and so on. because we don't wanna support a 1-week-project.

is anyone else interested in getting support for his clan ?

36 (edited by ghost 2011-12-02 10:07:57)

I would love to provide help in this matter, too. Unfortunately, I am very short of time right now, so actually taking part in the game is not really an option for me. However, just as magnet, I can provide a new team with servers. Also I can host a website and a voice communication server if needed. My only conditions are these:

• the team has at least 5 members, who play regularly and the team is trying to recruit new players (especially for the vanilla scene)

• the team plays mostly vanilla

• ctf2 is among the maps the team likes to play on

• the team has the desire to become better so it can play at least at a medium level of skill

The conditions for the game servers I will provide are the following:

• only pure vanilla servers

• except for clanwars, the servers will stay without password

If your new founded team matches the before mentioned criteria, feel free to contact me.

37 (edited by RUSterrorist 2011-12-02 17:31:18)

Attention,
Don't read this message if u are not the troll over there..

RUSterrorist wrote:

its like you fall in love with me, you always have to speak to/about me, i blocked you (1 year ago?) and always read from players you talk to me al time when i am in a server with you, grow up child. I am a legend and dont have to prove anything about my skill if you want it or not, if you like it or not. smile

LOL... so seems u are the one worried about me... why would u know something about me in brazilian servers ? xDDD .. and u are very wrong (as always, trolling)
WHERE DO U HEAR SO MUCH ABOUT ME ALWAYS ??? xDD ... i never talk to u, why should i waste my time .. xD .. omg ( i shouldnt answer to this now anyways but u are talking about me big_smile )
and thanks for the lovely message but no, i dont love trolls ! and who likes u ? nobody, they only talk to u because u are "good player" ... and i dont need nobody to likes me in a game. If people talk to me its just ok.
and i wont waste my time writing to u, i dont care about u
wink

and ok, i confess, i only like to laugh about u, so... thanks for making me laugh always with ur shit (not always u are so funny as u wanna be ... and well... trying to be funny, who is the kid ? Seriously.)

----

Sorry ppl but i had to write this.. the legend of tw is trolling again sad .. xD

ignore this back to the topic pls.

Moderator, sorry, and feel free to delete/hide this message.. its very useless *--*

You wont waste time to write me? looooooooooooooool.
Well, thats why you are highlighting my name every time i join in a server? and then you go on talking shit, you are pretty funny, huh?

I know that about it because i am cool with some of the Brasil community, mostly with Arthur. So, its not only me who thinks you are a lil kid who cries for attention with your "i am a girl, love me" style. Mostly all racers are taken in by you.
I dont need to get the Information from you.

And you think i behave like that because i want that everybody likes me? As everybody knows, i give a fuck. And i am trolling because i admit to be a legend? Proof the opposite.

Just grow up, i didnt see any usefull stuff from YOU anywhere, if here or ingame. smile

How about stopping the flamewar and instead contribute constructively to the topic this thread is about?

39 (edited by RUSterrorist 2011-12-02 17:57:56)

Kottizen wrote:

How about stopping the flamewar and instead contribute constructively to the topic this thread is about?

I did, i guess.

Sotheby wrote:

Wow. Few years ago there were a lot of high level clans.

your name seems familiar to me oO

I'm the leader of another North American clan ([i|V]: inVert) which plays both Vanilla and Instagib. We're not big, but we have enough members for clan wars. You can check us out at http://www.invert.spruz.com. I'll also be uploading member videos as soon as they give me their demos.

"Reasonable people adapt to the world. Unreasonable people persist in trying to adapt the world to themselves. Therefore, all progress depends on unreasonable people." --George Bernard Shaw

this topic somehow lead in the wrong direction. we are not talking about special map, we are talking about vanilla as a whole. its just like that most standard maps aren't good for competetive playing [ctf5, ctf6(imo)] or just lack the variety of movement (ctf4, not the insta one) so pro players stay at ctf1, ctf2, ctf3 and ctf7. this problem is easy to solve, just create a map with good movements, balanced pickups and synchronous sides and people will play it.

but its the wrong topic to discuss about that. the main reason alu created the topic is that vanilla is about to die and he want that people from another scene try vanilla, ctf5 player (yeah, its an own scene for me) unite and creat clans, because by now its just random games altough there are much skilled guys out there. or just the old legends returning, but we waited long enough for that, this will most likely didnt happen anymore. furthermore anthem, the best clan in these days, was also closed yesterday, so something have to happen or we all just start playing city

If the problem was easy to solve somebody would already have made a map with good movements, balanced pickups and synchronous sides and people will play it.
Or somebody would do it (ctf_lava?) and nobody would play it. (I don't know the exact situation)

Franchan wrote:

If the problem was easy to solve somebody would already have made a map with good movements, balanced pickups and synchronous sides and people will play it.
Or somebody would do it (ctf_lava?) and nobody would play it. (I don't know the exact situation)

ye, you are totally right. we already discussed about it sometimes. but StyLe is still dreaming from his teeworlds wonderland. the problem isn't that there are no other maps. the problem is that the players don't give these maps a real chance. for example ctf_lava, ctf_anubis or ctf6, maybe they aren't perfect, but they absolutely have the potential to become a good map if we would try to improve it. Ubu already did with ctf_lava: http://qi.m0g.net/forums/viewtopic.php?id=525

but he gave up cuz the large part of the community didn't try to help him/try to play it anyway. it's easy to say that a map sucks. but it isn't they right way to start all over again everytime when something isn't perfect. we all should try to improve these maps to make them more playable. cuz maybe new maps are the only way to combine the communities from the ctf2- and the ctf5-scene into a whole. otherwise the end of the vanilla-scene is just a question of time.

You should test the maps from uko, a few of them doesnt seems that bad.

I could host a few of them on ghosts Server if needed, because i wanted to test 1 or 2 of them on my own.

[ProTem*] is a subdivision of another clan, which is why its not that popular. It seems that im the only one in this subdivision sad . [ProTem*] is a Zesc clan, Vanilla clan, and ICTF clan.

I need a server, for my clan, because i can´t make one thanks to my firewall. Does anyone one know how to hack this??
(i HATE PARENTAL CONTROL) mad

Meh...
On the road to become an artist smile
cool cool

46 (edited by fameless 2011-12-06 17:06:58)

TeePhonix wrote:

There is nothing to fix! CTF5 is very close to be perfect! And I think that this map has much more possibilities to be competitive than CTF2.

Yeah like flying with the hammer and being almost invisible to everyone. Ctf5 is too "unteeish" to be a good map, compared to all standart maps. Newbies like it, because its easy to play and move baisc ways.

RUSterrorist wrote:

You should test the maps from uko, a few of them doesnt seems that bad.
I could host a few of them on ghosts Server if needed, because i wanted to test 1 or 2 of them on my own.

I dislike maps containing parts, which are based on rocket-jumps. Like ctf6 or 7, dunno the correct number (Stephs map). 8on8 / 7on7 is unplayble with the current maps so far, Imo.

If you want to revive vanilla, come up with more good maps.

1338 - One step ahead of the average Nerd.

47 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:08:24)

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

who cares about teeish or not lol
for highlevel games a map should have a great gameplay and ctf2 gives someone a good gameplay like movement and places of powerups. and its not like we just aster this map, we master every map... but its offtopic too tongue

everyone go and create clans for Alucard and test ukos map if you want new good maps :3

In this discussion I have now read several times that there are actually some custom maps that might be decent for high level gaming. I am open to suggestions on hosting them (Some of you might have noticed that I was actually hosting ctf_lava on my servers for some time, but since it was not played at all, I removed it again). So If you have a good map and you think it's worth being tried out by the highlevel community, feel free to contact me and I will gladly help you out in terms of hosting.

Just for everyone's information: My server "Ambience CTF" (hosted in Dallas, Texas) has several good custom CTF maps. Most (if not all) were given to me by Franchan so thanks to him. smile Of coruse this is only our opinion, I am just letting North Americans know that we have servers running custom maps. wink

Ambience rocks! big_smile

Thanks,
~Nater
ambience-clan.tk