Re: [SUGGESTION] How to make the bots more intelligent ?

|X-treme|Bee wrote:
lordskelethom wrote:

ZBots have really grown, and they can do a lot of things now, i will make some news about them soon.
I have tested all of others bots, and the conclusion is :
ZBots still are the best !

But do they have an angling system, mixed in with Phisixs understanding, with a little cominsince? So they can use the Bazooka? ;0

They can pwn you with all of weapons.

lordskelethom - want to reach me quickly? https://discord.gg/teeworlds

lordskelethom wrote:

They can pwn you with all of weapons.

xD Sounds great. But do they hurt themselves trying to kill you? (Fall of the map, and die, go into spikes and die, they have one heart left, and they shot you in close range, and die) ;o

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

royale wrote:

I would like to have an admin point of view about a possible release. I understand there are concerns about aimbots, and of course a portion of my code could be used for this purpose.

Yeah, don't release them.

royale wrote:

Please, give me your feedbacks big_smile

I tried them, nice work. smile

Can you not just release the binaries?

Bye.

dinosmoothie wrote:

Yes that would be very very good!

|||||||www||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||clubfreeware||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||de|||||

Baschtel wrote:
dinosmoothie wrote:

just use a c decompiler and get the code... nothing is unhackerable... if he relase the bin, an hacker could simply make an aimbot from his code

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

mrlantastic wrote:

just use a c decompiler and get the code... nothing is unhackerable... if he relase the bin, an hacker could simply make an aimbot from his code

The main problem is having public servers infested with bots, hence ruining everyone's fun because of a few kiddies (I guess that's the same people who mod people who make sense down in this thread?). So you can have fun with your bots as much as you like, but don't release if you want TW to be a fun and competitive game. At some point a lot of servers are going to become private if bots and cheats fall in some kiddies' hands.

108 (edited by Azon 2009-06-09 23:22:20)

It seems that there is a very strong (and healthy) resentment versus any project that tries to create bots or replicate player behavior. Teeworlds is played because people like to play versus other human players. Although these bot projects are all very interesting from a developer's point of view, they seem to be unpopular with the mass of players that doesn't like the idea of playing versus bots.

The main point that the developers of these bot projects seem to miss is that there's is no real difference between the gameplay experience which occurs when playing against programmed bots and those encountered due to players that use aimbots. In both cases people deal with enemies which show non-human behavior and have an unfair advantage in aiming or a big disadvantage in intelligence.

Either way, people play this game due to their interest in the multiplayer experience. If they want to play against bots they'll play other games. It would therefore be in place if the Teeworlds Forum decided whether they endorse or disapprove these projects. The best would be to keep this entire grey zone out of here and focus on the fair and fun multiplayer experience which is the reasons people play this game.

Magnet wrote:

Yeah, don't release them.

Ok, thanks for your answer.
So I won't release any source or binaries, this will stay an exclusivity on my server smile

hey. can you make a bot team and a human team. i dont like having bots on my team. i like killing them smile

Wow, well done!

They're quite impressive in play, but it does seem to be a bit of a problem that they have fixed courses most of the time. I saw one of them with the flag go all the way back to where the flag came from!
It would be better if they could find their own way, but I realise that this poses a large number of challenges.
If you could get code for using hook and foot-based movement to work and then use a system of weights to make the decisions then it might work better, if more slowly.

Another thing, how do they decide which course to take?

===I take pride in my insanity!===    |    Blender3D    |    What do you think of my post? Rate it!
Admin@SuperSiliconux128:~$quantumphysics --help -mtheory -standardmodel
[quantum_physics]: segmentation fault, core dumped

I made some minor modifications to my bot|royale:

• Try to reconnect after a kick/ban.

• Answer to some chat messages.

• Use the hook only if opponent is in range.

• Added some random deviation to the aim, to avoid "aimbot" style.

• Avoid to kill players in chat.

mrlantastic wrote:
Baschtel wrote:
dinosmoothie wrote:

This is not an problem, because making aimbot is in the fact much easier than trying to extract it from loads of assembly (i am making bot as a first c language project and did interfacing with output in ~6 hours).
H(Cr)acker with skills enough to extract it from assembly will code bot in a minute smile

Drowning dwarves lately

mrlantastic wrote:
dinosmoothie wrote:

Nice work they are good smile but i think the gametype has to be different...your server will get banned for what you are doing now!

i think no... it's not a modded server... it's a standard gametype... with some bot players...
there is nothing modded in the server

It IS a modded server.

When you change your skin and connect to server, it does not change server type. That server whe royales bots run is perfectly equal to that one you download from site.

Drowning dwarves lately

but he could change the name to his and ply with this bots
than its illegal

« Owner of Teesites.net
« Domination Mod "Developer"
« Uptee Designer