Re: [MOD] City|P Mod - Public City Mod V0.3.0

Dune wrote:

You didn't release the sources of your mod, hmm?

+1 smile .. i would source of this mod too xD

HIP HOP, please read the full post.

@ the one who said automatically update accounts: would cause massive lags.

@all users: stop using city mods. for teeworlds modifications there should be something like the AppStore, so that one team of developers (Sushi or whoever) tests the mod and if it's ok, he implents it with some way into teeworlds. How to do it? Dunno. But with that way you would need at least an extra client to play the not-accepted mods. If you make a database of allowed mods, there would be no opensource file for the password/code/whatever.

Visit tee-league.de and tv.tee-league.de!

Except for that Sushi isn't a developer.

I don't think cityservers are either good or bad, I run two very successful ones myself. Before I started those, I ran a vanilla server, which none played on. So yes, I think cityservers are attracting some players, aswell as other might prefer instagib or race.

Dune: Just because he didn't release the source you automatically think he's hidden a virus/exploit in it? Reconsider. It's the same with your gamer client. I had to ask you personally, wait for you to reply, and then I got its source. I don't agree with that you're blaming other people for the same thing you did.

Sushi is no official developer, but he develops many sucessful mods/clients.

Visit tee-league.de and tv.tee-league.de!

KaiTee wrote:

HIP HOP, please read the full post....

ok sorry hmm

KaiTee wrote:

@all users: stop using city mods.

Why we are must to stop using it?? If we are using it, it mean that we are like this gametype hmm

P.S. sorry for bad english...

Kottizen wrote:

Dune: Just because he didn't release the source you automatically think he's hidden a virus/exploit in it? Reconsider. It's the same with your gamer client. I had to ask you personally, wait for you to reply, and then I got its source. I don't agree with that you're blaming other people for the same thing you did.

Did you read the whole post ? This guy is programming server crashers, saying it publicly, and then releasing closed-source mod... how can you trust him ?
And I did not do the same thing... my modded client is open-source, I provide it to evreybody who ask, I just did that because there are often problems with patching and also because I don't release the sources immediatly after releasing version (thus, I can tell the guys asking they have to wait for something like 1 week).
Since a lot of people saw the sources of my mod, and as I provide em to everybody asking I consider it's open-source... it's just slower than a direct link.
However, for the city mod, nobody saw the sources of it. I don't blame him for making his mod closed-source (I personnaly did that several times), I just say I'm wondering how ppl can trust him. If Al or magnet or lord had released a closed-source program, I would trust them... but not a kid releasing crashers... you get the difference?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

People can change. If you want to be rancourous, sure, but I'm not and therefore I trust him. If he releases an executable file with a virus over and over again, then I wouldn't consider him trustworthy, but just after one little "crasherprogram", no.

I wouldn't call your mod open source, because you can chose not to hand out the source if someone sends you an email. Instead, why don't you just publish a link to the source in the first post immediately so people with necessary skills can improve your client mod? I don't see the reason why you have to wait one week before you release the source. Patching-problems isn't a reason either. If you have trouble patching, release the patch anyways or the whole source, including the files you didn't change. Someone might be able to fix the patchproblem, but if not, people still got the whole source. However, a reason could be you are afraid of having your credits removed, but if that's the case, release the source/mod under a custom license, which still bases on the Teeworlds license.

In this case, I don't see why he released the executables but not the source, but I guess it's because he's afraid of people who download the source and change the credits line.

Personally I never trust closed mods, not even from "well-known" people. If I need a mod, I always download the source and compile it myself.

Kottizen wrote:

People can change. If you want to be rancourous, sure, but I'm not and therefore I trust him. If he releases an executable file with a virus over and over again, then I wouldn't consider him trustworthy, but just after one little "crasherprogram", no.

Rancurous? It's not like if he had made that one year ago... it's actual!

Personally I never trust closed mods, not even from "well-known" people. If I need a mod, I always download the source and compile it myself.

I think this is really extreme... if several people read and worked on the sources, it must be safe wink

I wouldn't call your mod open source, because you can chose not to hand out the source if someone sends you an email. Instead, why don't you just publish a link to the source in the first post immediately so people with necessary skills can improve your client mod? I don't see the reason why you have to wait one week before you release the source. Patching-problems isn't a reason either. If you have trouble patching, release the patch anyways or the whole source, including the files you didn't change. Someone might be able to fix the patchproblem, but if not, people still got the whole source. However, a reason could be you are afraid of having your credits removed, but if that's the case, release the source/mod under a custom license, which still bases on the Teeworlds license.

I said everybody that would mail me (even this guy making crashers) would get the sources, that's why I considered it as open-source...
Hmm... The reasons why I originally did not put any link are now a bit outdated, I think you're right I'll release them finally.
And about the credits, I really don't care about, it's just info, not ad... if people don't like that, I'll remove them for sure.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

34 (edited by mohamedkhaled 2010-07-30 13:17:19)

@Dune
i just said "from where you heard that i am publishing that Crasher" i didn't say that i made them
and in fact we started 2 work with that mod "City|P" from about 2 weeks and just i see these cities server as kot said they are attractive for some peoples love that gametype
and i didn't hide any master rcon in it and i didn't make it open source because the acc system have a copyright (i didn't work with that Acc system)

@Kottizen
really i worked with that mod cause of some peoples just want it and its private and i didn't put any master rcon in the mod cause i am not a kid 2 make such things

@
i don't know either what is the idea of the city mod. !!

i don't say to people 2 trust me they must have antivirus right?
they can scan it simply
and if anyone don't trust me just don't download it

Just one line under yours: Another city mod
And antivirus never find malwares in teeworlds... example: you can send a list of rcons from a server and no antivirus will spot that. Things like that wink
Anyway, it's not my prob, people do everything they want to with their pc (hopefully).

Not Luck, Just Magic.

KaiTee wrote:

HIP HOP, please read the full post.

@ the one who said automatically update accounts: would cause massive lags.

@all users: stop using city mods. for teeworlds modifications there should be something like the AppStore, so that one team of developers (Sushi or whoever) tests the mod and if it's ok, he implents it with some way into teeworlds. How to do it? Dunno. But with that way you would need at least an extra client to play the not-accepted mods. If you make a database of allowed mods, there would be no opensource file for the password/code/whatever.

Let us make our mod if we want it.
i know you don't like City mods but many other people like them.
BTW: what have u against me ???

Dune wrote:

Just one line under yours: Another city mod
And antivirus never find malwares in teeworlds... example: you can send a list of rcons from a server and no antivirus will spot that. Things like that wink
Anyway, it's not my prob, people do everything they want to with their pc (hopefully).

ye you are write some newbies use that and i swear we didn't code any virus/rcon sender
or even "send a list of rcons from a server" mhh thats kiddy you know wink

38 (edited by jxsl13 2010-07-30 15:52:29)

do u know , why i trust them, because G@mer is one of the coders who made a good city mod, that's really popular and i think that people play it, because they dont like to kill each other the whole time.
they maybe want to relax on some of the city server.

@ mohamedkhaled
i wonder where u got that copyright account code from :?

some other imorovements :
delete most of the kpack mod tiles like the rotating lasers etc. what's not needed
maybe an anti-fight-tiles should be added or when you kill someone when you are on this tile, you lose money,get killed,will be ported to the police station
the special switch/door system from an older version of ddrace would be really cool, because there you can have infinite laser-doors

could you plz change the .acc files a little bit, that the server hoster/admin etc. can see which of the numbers belongs to which commands in the game:
$ 1200
vip 1
wlist 1
shotgun_p 1
etc.

it's not the best account system, but it works fine
the account nick and pw arent encryted, so the admin shouldn't do crap with them.
if possible it would be good just to encrypt the password.

greets jxsl13

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

39 (edited by mohamedkhaled 2010-07-30 16:06:51)

@jxsl13 thanks for trusting us !!
Srry i will do that after fixing some problems on my computer hmm srry again (i will work today)

40 (edited by HIP HOP 2010-07-30 16:21:56)

"delete most of the kpack mod tiles like the rotating lasers etc. what's not needed"
i not agree with you -.-.... i think that all kpack function need in this mod, but: i saw some free slots on entities. i think that this "anti-fight-tiles" can to be with all KPACK function together hmm
"switch/door system" - [N]City for it smile

I saw some free slots on entities

Damned... that's not normal, you must fix that quickly, adding some new useless tiles! Don't you think it looks buggy when it's void like that ?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

42 (edited by mohamedkhaled 2010-07-30 18:12:26)

hah xD he means i can use it

43 (edited by jxsl13 2010-07-30 20:41:52)

dune dont make fun of other people an dother people's mods
mohamedkhaled 's admirable, because ha fixed bugs that fast big_smile

44 (edited by mohamedkhaled 2010-07-31 06:49:22)

Thx i will try my best (have some problems my computer will kill me xD)

G@mer is a great coder and mohamedkhaled is greatful to share his mod with us.
I don't think include a virus in a server would be a good idea for a coder thats really stupid and not everyone is evil u_u.
Keep this mod update smile thanks.

ahh, yes xD?

47 (edited by HIP HOP 2010-07-31 09:28:51)

mohamedkhaled wrote:

/whitelist -- buy whitelist
/vip -- buy vip
/jump -- buy infinite jumps
sv_infjumps <value> -- price of infinite jumps
set_money <id> <money> -- set money of a player
set_jet <id> <money> -- set fuel of a player
hammer_damage -- set hammer dmage on/off
shotgun_p3 chat command bug fixed
buy zone / food zone bug fixed

Thanks mohamed smile

<<sv_infjumps <value> -- price of infinite jumps>>
NO sv_infjumps !!
True: sv_infjump <value> -- price of infinite jumps>>
without "s" smile

<</cmdlist added>>
not work sad
MOHAMEDKHILED, can you add god for admins pls? (god - infinity health smile )

48 (edited by Milipi 2010-07-31 13:45:24)

Bug report : You can use commands for rainbow and invisible even if you don't buy it !

EDIT : And when you activate jetpack you cant desactivate it

<<EDIT : And when you activate jetpack you cant desactivate it>>
+1 sad

lil bit off-topic: a bug is much worse than the economic problem in germany

mohamedkhaled could u plz delte everything that belongs to a helper and to a moderator
like disable password etc.