Re: [MOD] Vanilla+

Lanta: You are right, but Vanilla+ has the same gameplay like the normal Vanilla. The Optizone server has got Instagib, but there stands CTF, not ICTF. Their Mod is different from the normal CTF, but in Vanilla+ the gameplay is the same. Nobody will have a problem with it, if the gametype in Vanilla+ will be CTF, DM, or TDM.

With vanilla+ you have some functions like rename people or kick reasons. I understand what you mean, but Vanilla+ has exactly the same Gameplay, why i shouldnt call the gametype CTF, if its like the normal CTF? If the mod has got a function to change damage for the weapons, or a 3. team for CTF, then i would call my server Ctf+ or else.

Ankh is good smile

Ankh wrote:

Lanta: You are right, but Vanilla+ has the same gameplay like the normal Vanilla. The Optizone server has got Instagib, but there stands CTF, not ICTF. Their Mod is different from the normal CTF, but in Vanilla+ the gameplay is the same. Nobody will have a problem with it, if the gametype in Vanilla+ will be CTF, DM, or TDM.

With vanilla+ you have some functions like rename people or kick reasons. I understand what you mean, but Vanilla+ has exactly the same Gameplay, why i shouldnt call the gametype CTF, if its like the normal CTF? If the mod has got a function to change damage for the weapons, or a 3. team for CTF, then i would call my server Ctf+ or else.

It's different to play into a Vanilla server that into a modded server with the same gametype. How should we know if this mod got more bugs than the original one?
Devs are right, every modification, also with the same gameplay, must be renamed.

Nobody will have a problem with it? Ok, I'm the first one who will have problems.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

Nobody will have a problem with it? Ok, I'm the first one who will have problems.

And I'm the second one.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

29 (edited by Ankh 2010-05-23 21:23:34)

Ok now i know what you mean. Maybe there are different things i the mod, which nobody told us. With the Instagib mod into it an admin let join people while its ctf and then change it to Ictf. ok You are right.

edit: Okay how can i tell the devs, that the Optizone server has got Instagib, but say its the normal CTF? Nobody checked it in the last months, because the servers of them are running.

Ankh is good smile