Re: [CLIENT] Nodes - Public Beta

The idea is, that if you deconstruct a builing, it loses its HP slowly.
If you are evil eve and want to decon the reactor, it will take up to 30 seconds, the rest of the team gets warned and if someone starts to repair the reactor, the deconstruction progress will stop.
A player needs to wait some seconds before being able to decon the next building. nough time to start a votekick against him.

@Merlin: There will be an AFK kicker, but maybe not this beta, as I have not much time atm.

G@mer wrote:

you know that more than 16 players are not allowed in tw and will be banned.
thats the problem if you change this.

Nodes will probably get its own master-server, so that problem will not be a problem anymore then.

Beta 3 released! Get it here: http://pspace.org/blog/42-coding/61-nodes-beta-3

154 (edited by Magic Merlin 2010-02-01 15:51:58)

Tom94 wrote:

Suggestion:
Only grant the builder the ability to deconstruct his own building (and maybe even let him allow / disallow it to certain people, like: Allow for everybody except XXX or Disallow for everybody except of XXX).
I don't know if this is too hard for the common TeeWorlds players... but such a feature would make the game way less frustrating. wink

If this would be possible - how would you take down some noob who built a use less base somewhere?
Or how you want to take down useless buildings (health station at turret spot, 2 weapons of same kind, 1 teleporter , etc.)

I played the new beta and heres my comment:
Destroying the generator is pretty funny. Just as a little extra maybe choose a colour for blue ppl and one for red people (just add green to red/blue and pick that colour)

Idea to the spawns. Since spawns now work completly without power (though slower i know) the whole hunt is a bit more about spawns than about the generator.
Solution: If the generator gets destroyed spawns work for 30 more seconds (and slower) but then they stop.

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

My idea would be to upgrade the turret . For example, for 10 Build points the turret shoots faster or has more hit points

Could anyone make it for mac?

Thanks smile

S8

I'm not sure but, I guess a mac version is included in the download.

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

MertenNor wrote:

fixed the mac problem and made a .app for it.. so here is a link to all the mac users smile

Download and unzip: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YQ0QYI5Y (mirror pleas) tongue

the problem was that the mac file was in a wrong format..

MertenNor

Could anyone make it for mac?

Read the posts before posting... wink

I dont want to have it for beta 2 i need beta 3....

S8

I have some questions.

Why in the nodes download for beta 3 have a hedgehog skin in it? Can I make a map just for this mod and post it here now? And lastly, is there going to be a 24/7 sever being hosted for just the mod with a password on it so most noobs can't get in?

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

afaik there's no mac client yet

the hedgehog skin is there, because we love it!

GSG-server will be 24/7 without pwd now

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

If Im in Spec, I cant see the buildings,  thats kinda annoying.
Otherwise, this is great!

This shouldn't happen. I've being told that there is a problem, but I couldn't reproduce it. we'll have a look at it again.
Thank you for your feedback.

hmpf...i need mac client... hmm can you give me src or something? smile

MerteNor is going to compile it for mac.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

166 (edited by Bee 2010-02-01 23:01:52)

Oh, btw, when I load nodes I see a dark red background with a red, yellow, green, and blue rectangle in the middle of it. I did delete some stuff to make room for the new beta, but when I looked in my normal teeworlds_0.5.1 it had a pure black background.

I'm just wondering what's going on and how can I fix it? o-0

P.S. Will there be a list of approved and rejected ideas for next version, so we can know what's next?

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

There will be a list of planned features next weekend or something that you may comment on.
Try to redownload the package, I forgot to add the background image...

inherited wrote:

Try to redownload the package, I forgot to add the background image...

Thanks, they are both working now. Nice background btw. wink
But did you guys mean for the UI color in the settings not to work? The board is always black and I can't change the alpha.

I'm not sure about the deconstruction feature... hmm
Because some 1 just runs by the generator and no 1 notices that he is loosing health until theres like the half left.

2 things to do:
A "Warning: Generator getting deconstructed" msg.
Deconstruction stops if you go to far from the building (but you still loose it).

Another Bug? i found:
I do not see the "No electricity Ligthing" above unpowered enemy buildings. Bug or feature? :3

Except for that i really like the new beta.

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

170 (edited by inherited 2010-02-02 01:19:54)

The power thingy is a feature, information hiding ftw!
There is a warning if the reactor gets deconstrcuted, as there is the "Reactor under attack" message.
@Bee: it should be red. You can disable that feature in the settings if you don't like it.

inherited wrote:

@Bee: it should be red. You can disable that feature in the settings if you don't like it.

The background is a darkish red hue, but... erhm... what to call it... the template that everything is on (like the control panel) is a pure dark. I'll just take a picture of it..:

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu177/Really_now/templite.png

The thing my cursor is pointing to should change the color and transparentness of the template. But when I move the controllers, nothing happens.

172 (edited by Landil 2010-02-02 05:43:50)

|X-treme|Bee wrote:
inherited wrote:

The background is a darkish red hue, but... erhm... what to call it... the template that everything is on (like the control panel) is a pure dark. I'll just take a picture of it..:

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu177/Really_now/templite.png

The thing my cursor is pointing to should change the color and transparentness of the template. But when I move the controllers, nothing happens.

not a bug, it's a feature. You have to activate custom gui settings:
http://img15.imageshack.us/i/screenshot0069u.png/

maybe we should move the box into the gfx section wink

edit: why is the standard cursor used?

pls make a new topic about beta3 so that beta 3 bugs are in the beta 3 topic

« Owner of Teesites.net
« Domination Mod "Developer"
« Uptee Designer

174 (edited by Ninja Style 2010-02-02 15:16:56)

Standart client crash when join in to the nodes server :\

Version client: 0.5.1

Landil wrote:

edit: why is the standard cursor used?

Because I like how it looks..?