Re: [CLIENT] Nodes - Public Beta

you have to wait about 20sec or 30...so its by me when its loading smile

Stripe wrote:

you have to wait about 20sec or 30...so its by me when its loading smile

me 2 idk y
xD

You do not have to worry, we split up the graphics into smaller ones. Now nodes will load faster with the next (beta?)release. The problem was, that we made two big graphix ~6,5 Megapixel.

@killabilla the solution för your problem is simple. w a i i i i t

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

129 (edited by Magic Merlin 2010-01-30 12:40:52)

It would be good if people couldnt change to the winning team.

Define winning/loosing team by:
- If less than 2 spawns team is loosing -> the other team is winning
- If your generator has at least 50 more health than the enemy generator you are winning.
- If you have all weapons you can have and the enemy just has 1 or less you are winning.

Just some definitions like that.
So if the winning team is 2 ppl less there should be a ver small balance time but they should get the worst (lowest score) member they can get.

Because if it turns out that their team is loosing all the noobs run to the other team (or they try to) which makes that team just even stronger.

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

Whats about a bigger max player limit?
That would Nodes funnier I think.
You would need an extra client, if you won't change the max player limit. So, why don't you change it? Would be rlly cool play with 32 players or so tongue

Visit tee-league.de and tv.tee-league.de!

Well, the whole network code is everything, but not resource-friendly. Maybe if I'm really bored I change that. Until then, 16 players will be the max.
Sorry that I don't answer regularly here, but you can be sure that I'm reading every post, the next beta will be released soon with a veery long list of changes/fixes/new features

I love this Mod, but the map used on most of the servers isnt really fitting.
Maybe someone could map a map that fits the Nodes theme.

133 (edited by Landil 2010-01-30 15:42:06)

We do have a different strategy than most of the MOD creators have, as you need a custom client. Thus the client has bug-free, user-friendly and the game needs to be balanced and needs to make a lot of fun. Thus we do not release any server executable to make sure that there will not be any old version of the mod. We do the beta testing to improve and balance game play, thus keep cool and wait until we publish the new beta test client with many new features and bug-fixes. Then we need your feedback to make your and our dream come true wink the nodes release

Besides: when the first release candidate will be published we are going to start a map competition. If you have any ideas, you can start working on it wink

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

134 (edited by Magic Merlin 2010-01-30 15:45:53)

Koopa wrote:

I love this Mod, but the map used on most of the servers isnt really fitting.
Maybe someone could map a map that fits the Nodes theme.

If you are capeable of doing that then do it. Inherited clearly has no time for something like mapping.
And the map is just beta anyway.

So here some stuff that inherited told me that he would need:

-Oviously a new map. If you cant make one maybe search the map content and try to find one? I'm sure there are some maps that would fit.
- He could use sounds for projectiles reflecting from shields and a sound for shooting friendly buildings.

So if you got any spare time or if you are really bored try to find any of this things.

Btw: This map could be uesd for nodes with some small modifications: http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/0dsews6 … ct_CB5.png 
Made by Tee-Killa.
Look at his topic and maybe ask him if you could use it. Only thing to edit would be the entrances to the upper part of the map.

And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw

B ythe way, the wrench sounds don't load at my pc.
I hear the old hammer sound everytime smile

Visit tee-league.de and tv.tee-league.de!

KaiTee wrote:

B ythe way, the wrench sounds don't load at my pc.
I hear the old hammer sound everytime smile

already fixed.

inherited wrote:

Well, the whole network code is everything, but not resource-friendly. Maybe if I'm really bored I change that. Until then, 16 players will be the max.
Sorry that I don't answer regularly here, but you can be sure that I'm reading every post, the next beta will be released soon with a veery long list of changes/fixes/new features

Will you post the long list of stuff so we can be (even more) excited for the new test? yikes

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

i played this mod and saw landil tongue i hear inherited wants a "sound artist"?

Thank you now I know that I have to wait a long time on startup. wink

I like the mod but I hate people without the client mod in the server.
They are going on my nervs with sentences like this: "How to built the flags?" or they are destoying our buildings.
Thats the biggest problem.

Maybe make the server another version, so that only your client can join.
Or make that the client sends a special message to the server and if not he get dropped.
If so the mod would be playable. smile

And maybe make the mod bilingual (English, German, ...), because many players are german and don't understand what the server says about the building or the clientmod.

Theres only one server, and its not online all the time.
Could we have more servers?

Also, it sucks that you do damage to your  own buildings, you cant defend this way..
90% of the time I try to shoot the enemy i hit my own buildings...

Here's a rather incomplete list of new features that will make it into the next beta

+Destroy buildings built on doors if they open up
+Added the possibility to disable friendly fire on buildings
+Added the possibility to deconstruct buildings
*Fixed the Problem, that buildings could be built into the ceiling
+Special effects (and even more tongue) if the reactor explodes
*Decreased the amount of damage, a laser does to buildings
*Spawns are working without power, but slower
*Changed vote win condition to majority-wins
+Added some custom sounds
(+)Few new maps
*Fixed the strange-characters-on-turretkill-bug
*Fixed several bugs which made the server unstable
*Grenades are doing more damage to shields
*Slightly increased the opening speed of ammo dispenser and health/armor station
+The client won't override the gamemode setting anymore
+Using a custom game.png, making a mixed installation of nodes and default TW possible
+Added a quickhelp message after joining the server which informs a player about the most important keys
*Increased the default BP count to 200
*Slightly changed the prices of the buildings
*Now shows the creator of a vote
+Fancy new special effects
+Added kill graphics for turrets, explosions, ...
+Added kill message if a building gets destroyed by an enemy
*Fixed the problem that the texts "round x/y" and "Timelimit" are drawn upon each other
+Building near to enemy buildings is not possible anymore
*Fixed the spawnbug (hopefully)
+Fancy new graphics in game client
*Splitted the building-images, makes loading a lot faster
+The loading bar at the beginning now informs you about what's being loaded
*The "use a custom client-Message is now a SAY to instead of a BROADCAST
+Added an URL to the custom-client-message

*+Many many bugfixes

*The "use a custom client-Message is now a SAY to instead of a BROADCAST

Why do you still accept players with the wrong client ? Refuse them, and write why...

How ?

*Decreased the amount of damage, a laser does to buildings

*Slightly increased the opening speed of ammo dispenser and health/armor station

Thanks, this was really needed.

I hope the game will be more teefight-turned then smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

May we also get the source/server file?
Or is it already posted? Cause I couldn't find it.

Client sources would be nice because this would offer possibility to patch Nodes on every custom client smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

Client sources would be nice because this would offer possibility to patch Nodes on every custom client smile

I was told sources would only be released in the final release.

you know that more than 16 players are not allowed in tw and will be banned.
thats the problem if you change this.

Dune wrote:

How ?

If  the majority of votes (excluding non-votes)+1 says "yes", it pass.

For example there are 16 players.
There are 6 votes at the end of the vote :
- 4 says "yes"
- 2 says "no"

In a normal situation, vote failed... There, it pass, because there are more "yes" than "no"...

big_smile

Oh... then voting no isn't senseless anymore... to test, but this should be nice on 50% noob servers.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

149 (edited by Magic Merlin 2010-01-31 17:44:34)

I dont know if you just forget to mention it or if i couldnt find it but... are you implenting an afk kicker?

+Added the possibility to disable friendly fire on buildings
+Added the possibility to deconstruct buildings

I love seeing those features...
Some noob teammates always destroyed my buildings, till I didn't really want to play anymore.

Suggestion:
Only grant the builder the ability to deconstruct his own building (and maybe even let him allow / disallow it to certain people, like: Allow for everybody except XXX or Disallow for everybody except of XXX).
I don't know if this is too hard for the common TeeWorlds players... but such a feature would make the game way less frustrating. wink

This is the best mod, I have ever seen in TeeWorlds... and it will be hard to make me change my opinion.
What you have created is simply superb, so keep the good work up! ;>

~{MonkeyStyle}~ - Instagib Teeworlds Clan
VISIT US: http://monkeystyle.xooit.com/
Check out our IRC channel: #monkeystyle on QuakeNet || Also check out the TeeWiki: http://teewiki.info