76 (edited by Stripe 2010-01-24 13:52:29)

Re: [CLIENT] Nodes - Public Beta

ehm...can't play it on my MacOS x 16.2 ...can i get the src to compile it for me?... write me e-mail

stripe.mac@gmail.com

//edit

just for the client...

can some1 help me on how to use it on a mac

Visit our clan: =Eagle= !

So, tested it on the server of Kott some minutes ago. This isn't a mod, it's more a new game. But, there are too much noobs on the server, and that sucks.
Good job, makes fun - with a good team.

Visit tee-league.de and tv.tee-league.de!

I love your mod. I think it is great like WAR3.  I know that it is not able other way but that I have to download next game client sucks sad Your mod gained a present right now - look smile

Goodbye all. Account inactive since March 2011.

80 (edited by Dune 2010-01-24 15:59:32)

As I already said, this mod is already very laggy.
Adding a teamspeak would be 1) very complex to build up 2) unplayable (lag) 3) this will cause more problems of kicking noobs making noise, speaking rus in the background, spamming etc than solving communications ones.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

That's such a big mode that i can't get how you did that. As far as i understood in needs a client to play it. It's a bad news. You have to make a good reclame to find enough people for this mod. But still it's a great modification, that adds some strategy to the simple teeworlds.
2 notes: graphics are by Landil? They're just great, looks like a standart tiles. And 2nd one: make sure you have enough maps. Simple maps like ctf5 will suck in that case.

Stay wild big_smile

82 (edited by Landil 2010-01-24 16:18:45)

I just want you to keep in mind, that this was/is a BETA test. There are several problems to solve and we do not have that much time as we wish. ctf5 is a map to test the gameplay - that's it. We need new maps for different amounts of players and for a complete new feeling.

edit: yes, I made all of the graphics.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

I have a bug xD

when you join spec you are tech lvl 40 ^.^

I got an idea of how to include the Tee-Strike weapons.
Would require 5 tech lvls:
Tee-Strike has 3 kinds of each weapon. Delete good ol betty(shotgun), pancakes(grenade)and wookie blaster(laser) because they are either useless ore very much like the original weapons.

once you have all weapons of a class (e.g. normal shotgun,laser and grenade) you get the ability to build a weapon chamber= gives you all three weapons when walking through.
A player can just have 1 weapon of a type at a time (just grenade or mr rabbit or big momma).
There would be a weapon system were you can choose which three weapons you want. more explanation later.

t1 shotgun
t2 grenade + shotgun2
t3 laser + weapon chamber 1 + mr rabbit + shotgun 3
t4 laser ak + weapon chamber 2 + big momma
t5 Sharkbait + weapon chamber 123

If you go through a weapon chamber you will obtain all weapons in it. If you go through the next chamber you will loose the weapons that you didnt choose in your weapon menu.
If you enter a weapon chamber 123 (tech 5) you will get the 3 weapons of your choice.

To keep the build menu small, as soon as you get a weapon chamber the weapons that are in that chamber wont be shown as single weapon stations anymore.
Repeater could be moved to tech 3 -> Tele moved to tech4.

Changes in Tee-Strike weapons:
Those weapons were sometimes balanced through gravity which kinda sucked.

Big Momma: Anti building weapon:8 dmg on building 3 on player. Explodes on shield but explosion is small enough to not dmg the shield itself (but nearer buildings inside)
Sharkbait: Possible change to make it more sniper like. When using sharkbait your dynamic camera is able to move further-> your range increases. Sharkbait cant pierce shields.

Stuff to add for other tech lvls:
Since the lvls 4 and 5 would be kind of empty, here are some ideas:

tech 4:
tower III: When an enemy gets too close to it it causes and low dmg explosion that will kick the player away.
Laser shield: Shield generator with low shield energy. Can reflect 2 shots of lasers before it goes down.
tech5:
Safe generator: Like a repeater it work as a generator with 100 health. When the main generator goes down the safe generator can be built up to a new main generator by healing it 100 points.

Puh I think this was it.
If you didnt understand something just ask me.
And if people say that the Tee-Strike weapons dont fit in there and suck then you should probably not make them.
Or take them out again after you tried it.

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

I appreciate your creativity Merlin, but don't make things too complicated. We want to keep it smart and simple.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

86 (edited by Magic Merlin 2010-01-24 20:13:22)

@inherited:

People without the client should get a broadcast that they should download the client.
Because right now theres only the servermsg in the chat and you dont say WHERE to download the client and ppl rarely look at those msgs.

Btw: There are about 4 servers right now. I think 3 would be enough.

@Landil:

sad

And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw

87 (edited by G@mer 2010-01-24 23:57:03)

@ inherted

i think Iphone747 talked with you about this.
but i will told you again.

me and Iphone747 would make maps together for the nodes mod.
what we need (if you want it)
- if there are special entities we need them
- maybe the srv for testing the maps on a not official server

If you want us add me in icq 366027418
or send me an e-mail

Landil i told you in teeworlds please write me because i dont know when iphone is online

88 (edited by Magic Merlin 2010-01-24 22:12:55)

Suggestions for buildings improvements:

- When your armor is 0 the armor station should give you 5 armor - then just 3 again.
   Reason: It takes really long till you get at least some armor. with this it takes still 3 times to get full but 1 time is enough to be usefull.

- If a player already has a certain weapon with full ammo this weapons station shouldnt reakt to him. People beeing afk or chatting in weapon stations are a problem.

- If a turret fired a certain amount of shots (5?) he should have a reload time of 1 to 2 seconds. Just to make them a bit fairer.

I think thats it for now.

EDIT: Why the hell did you guys vote my post down?!?
         Inherited asked (ingame) for a way of how to implent Tee-Strike weapons.
         So get those - of or + it up again sad

for the amrmor I have an idea smile build two armor stations ^.^

90 (edited by Bee 2010-01-24 22:57:33)

@ Magic Merlin

You have good ideas, (like Landil said) but just keep in mind that they first need to fix there bugs then later they can add in new things. (If they like it.) My suggestion is to wait until they have fixed some bugs and then give some ideas (not too complex). I think they would more likely to respond positively.

And a question: Some times when my other teams shoot our shield generators they go though; so I was wondering if they respond less to incoming bullets when they are damage?

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

|X-treme|Bee wrote:

And a question: Some times when my other teams shoot our shield generators they go though; so I was wondering if they respond less to incoming bullets when they are damage?

It's a feature smile

fixed the mac problem and made a .app for it.. so here is a link to all the mac users smile

Download and unzip: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YQ0QYI5Y (mirror pleas) tongue

the problem was that the mac file was in a wrong format..

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

i cant download it...please upload it at

www.solidfiles.com

Here 4 Mirrors for the fixed mac :-).

http://ul.to/a149uz
http://rapidshare.com/files/340551093/T … odes_2.zip
http://depositfiles.com/files/hztyfx09b
http://netload.in/dateiikBacvI0ke.htm

hope enough mirrors xDDD
G@mer

ty but best is solidfiles.com there you dont have to wait smile

Stripe wrote:

ty but best is solidfiles.com there you dont have to wait smile

here you go: http://solidfiles.com/d/Opmn

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

a noobserver would be cool
cause this noobs join in the team an build 5 spawnpoints 5 shotguns 5 grenades thy waste all the building points
an if you destroy their crap they kick you
i hate this
a noobserver with a tut in the wall or something like that would be cool

« Owner of Teesites.net
« Domination Mod "Developer"
« Uptee Designer

|X-treme|Bee wrote:

My suggestion is to wait until they have fixed some bugs and then give some ideas. I think they would more likely to respond positively.

You are probably right but some ideas are solutions for problems and when inherited wants some ideas he just needs to read the comments of the other pages.

Something that is just for some people a problem is that games that last till tech 3 get really long. And by long I dont mean 15 minuts. Or 20.
More like 45. Or 50.
Also players rarely fight players after tech 2 (when turrets and shields start to do the def).
And for the last thing I want to say. Playing on a huge map might be cool BUT To build a 2nd base you need more tech points and if people spend those points to build just 1 GIANT base the game wont end.

Btw i got solutions for everything but since no 1 wants to hear I'm not gonna post it sad

99 (edited by Bee 2010-01-25 17:43:03)

Magic Merlin wrote:

Btw i got solutions for everything but since no 1 wants to hear I'm not gonna post it sad

No, I mean don't post new ideas for new stuff, but if it's something that fixes problems now then you should post them.

Fisico wrote:

a noobserver would be cool

I don't think they would make a whole other sever because noobs are in this one. They already put a password on it so the average person wouldn't get in, and if that doesn't work then you could always kick them or teach them how to play right.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

This long post lists all the problems/bugs/ideas/suggestions I have found and I have listened.
There is my BETA Test report :

Legend :

- Problem
=> Suggestion to solve it

"normal client" = teeworlds classic client
"custom client" = nodes client

- Players don't know that a custom client exists / dont know where to download it.
=> Propose a download link when a normal client connects, by a SAY and a BROADCAST messages.

- Players don't know how to build / how to play.
=> Propose a tutorial link (maybe we can click on this link to open directly the navigator ?) when a custom client connects, by a SAY and a BROADCAST messages.

- Gametype "nodes" is set as gametype filter in configuration so when we play with the normal client we must reset this filter.
=> Don't load/save configuration (and maybe the Loading will be faster).

- (Idea of improvement) If a building is damaged, it would less effective.
=> Examples :
Health Station would give 3 hearts if not damaged, 2 if little-damaged, else 1 if more damaged.
Shield would protect from 4/5 attacks if not damaged, 3/5 if little damaged, etc.

- Spawn bug : sometimes you can't respawn (critical).
=> Fix it ;p

- (Personnaly) After playing 8-10 hours on this mod this week-end, I start to get bored of the map... :s
=> Make new map(s), add votes on servers.

- Teams are often unbalanced.
=> Auto-balance teams sooner.

- A round is too long / going to lvl 3 is too long, so we have to make manyyyyy[...]yyyy kills to reach the third lvl.
=> Should need less kills to go to lvl 3.

- Noobs destroy own building (critical).
=> Solution 1 : Kick when the majority+1 of voters (so excluding non-voters) says "yes".
Solution 2 : Only allow members of the team (of the kicked-player) to vote.

- Tech level and Build Points are stupids when you are a spectator.
=> Tech level and BP shouldn't be showed as spectator.

- (Personnaly) More life for Repeaters ?
=> I think that repeaters should have more life, because they took much importance with experimented players.

- (Idea of improvement) Buildings' cost.
=> All buildings shouldn't have the same cost, but it shouldn't become too much complex (only 5-10-15-... BP cost), be care...

- Run better servers.
=> Each day there is a new nodes server, more laggy than the last one.
Servers with lags are useless, and they give a bad image of nodes to new players.
And maybe run 1 server for experimented players.

On this, good luck smile