51 (edited by Yoyo 2010-01-23 20:33:44)

Re: [CLIENT] Nodes - Public Beta

one idea:

-change the game.png to another name (and the code of the nodes.exe so that it fits) so you can have tw and nodes in the same folder using the official or a modded game.png for tw

all other ideas i have are mentioned alredy ^^ very important to fix is the problem Bee mentioned: a teammate of us destroyed most of our turrets and wanted to destroy out reactor also and we couldn´t do anything.He was vote kicked when it was clear that we couldn´t win anymore

Yup the selfdestruction is really a problem... and I dont c any solution...
If people could just destroy their own buildings then noobs who waste points are annoying...

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

53 (edited by Yoyo 2010-01-23 20:42:31)

i found another problem:

in the console i get a "[sound/wv] failed to open audio/wp_wrench1.wmv".I don´t get this with the standard tw.
Probably you forgot sth in the zip/rar file?

edit:

are there more than one server?I cannot find the server but i can join it with the ip.If it´s more than one pls post the IP-Adresses here

Hey!
I found a good solution for the selfdestruction thing:
If you destroyed a building (which is sometimes neccasary) u cannot destroy another building for a certain time (1 or 2 min). BUT you can dmg them as long as their health is above 75%.
This wont cause too much trouble from assholes but still sucks while you are fighting.
Feedback?

And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw

Give me pls teeworlds_srv.exe (windows) for Russian players, my ICQ 449716106

Magic Merlin wrote:

Hey!
I found a good solution for the selfdestruction thing:
If you destroyed a building (which is sometimes neccasary) u cannot destroy another building for a certain time (1 or 2 min). BUT you can dmg them as long as their health is above 75%.
This wont cause too much trouble from assholes but still sucks while you are fighting.
Feedback?

I would stop most the bleed but not all of it. It would be better than nothing but I think it could be better. Like I said, the best way is just to kick them, but it's hard since you need more than half the people to agree. :\ Solution: Majority of votes win.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

What do you mean with "majority of votes"?

Destroing the own Buildings is a big problem.
Maybe you could do a delet Buildingbutton into the Buildingcentre.
So if anybody will destroy their own Building he had to rebuild this.
This could give the Team enought Time to grab and Kick him!

send me the srv in icq 366027418
server will be online all the day.
i will create a map if you send me the entities too.

Hey !
When I saw the topic, I thought this was an other complex mod, without gameplay, as Teemo, but after having played it, my first senses are : great !

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Haha it makes a lot of fun ^.^ there was a round it was about 47min we played and it makes fun the whole 47 minutes ^.^ tongue

First of all this mod is completly different of what we have seen so far in teeworlds.

Its nice and fresh gameplay i think buildings are balanced enough.
The main problem i see is that such a mod isn´t supposed for  public games. You need a lot of communication for tactics. It was like my team wasted building points cause they created 2 expansions and the amount of available building points only allowed one expansion. Maybe because it was the first time they played this mod. Another thing is that you get stucked at a certain point which last the matches very long. In my last match we already played 40 minutes and i haven´t seen any end there soon well i had to leave. It gets frustrating when there is no progress during a match.
I think this is more or less caused by the fact that it was public gaming without communication.

Another big problem is the current map or the testing map. You should have come up with something new cause it wasn´t fun to play on a modified ctf5. Maybe a map with obvious expansion places like in most RTS games.

iphone747 wrote:

Well i personally destroyed buildings because the consumed building points. As describes above if your teammates waste points because for examply  they are building two grenade spawns in the same place. Then you just destroy one and get your points back reasonable situation or ?

Suggestions for improvement:

.) make a different sound when you hit your own building if possible.
.) add maybe a Voice chat programm. for communication would improve the public gameplay
.) create a proper map for this mod i hope this modified ctf5 stays just as a mod testing map.

minor suggestions:
.) advanced scoreboard for a each player ( maybe instead of flags destroyed buildings)
.) fix that visible buildings when dead bug or make the buildings visible as spectator.

Greets Marik

Magic Merlin wrote:

What do you mean with "majority of votes"?

Let's say there are 10 people in a sever. A vote is called to kick a tee. 4 votes yes, 2 votes no. In this case he would stay but how I wanted it was if a vote is called and there are more yes than no then they leave, if there are more no than yes then they stay. If it's half and half they stay.

iphone747 wrote:

That's a good idea. big_smile

Last thing. It really bugs me when I chose a building and I make it. But whenever I am in battle with someone and the only thing I have left is a gun and hammer, I chose hammer but then it makes more of that same building when I'm on the ground. >:[

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

I spent some time earlier playing this new mod.
It was really good, it makes for some interesting game play.
Some of the problems I saw were trying to attack enemies in your own base, as I found I was knocking down buildings with my rockets and shotgun, and getting people organised also turned out to be hard.
Another things was that sometimes the game ends quickly when one team overwhelms the other at the start, this quickly becomes one sided and can be rather uninteresting.
Some of these things may just be how it works though.
Well done on a refreshingly different and well implemented mod!

===I take pride in my insanity!===    |    Blender3D    |    What do you think of my post? Rate it!
Admin@SuperSiliconux128:~$quantumphysics --help -mtheory -standardmodel
[quantum_physics]: segmentation fault, core dumped

we just loose so fast cuz we wanted to move the reaktor to an other positon tongue so we attack it and killed it xD....than the other team killed us and we lost tongue

Well... rushing into the other team and knocking their spawns out is a very well working taktik (you can even do it solo =O). But its just a taktik.
If the enemys cant counter that its their fault.
A basic counter would be to build a 3rd spawn somewhere over the reactor. Or to simply take out the enemy before he reaches the spawn.
Dont think that there is a need to change something because of that.

Yes but you can first make a second base when you reach tech lvl 2 ^.^ then you can build that mini reaktor thingies xD

Yes, xD but I have a taktik tongue i kill enemies till im tech lvl 2 then i go to a point in the map and build the mini reaktor there i make my new base with health and spawn...so then i wait untill they kill my reaktor and i build it there new with 3 other team m8s smile

hope you enjoy my taktik tongue

this mod won't die, its AWESOME, not as complicated as you think and its great. bugs:

-when a turret kills someone, and you move your mouse around the screen, sometimes random letters appear on the top right of screen.

thats all for now,

btw you are very intricate, looking at the details (when the reactor is down and there is no power, the doors stop moving to the weapons) xD

hehhehehehehehe.

70 (edited by Dune 2010-01-24 09:51:52)

.) make a different sound when you hit your own building if possible.
-> I think a player know what type of building he is destroying

.) add maybe a Voice chat programm. for communication would improve the public gameplay
-> Oh my god, this isn't the role of teeworlds.... if you want to play with friends with a Voice chat, then use Teamspeak or Mumble... servers do not need this to overclock their bandwith.

.) create a proper map for this mod i hope this modified ctf5 stays just as a mod testing map.
-> I full agree. Perhaps ask Steph ?

To me, main problem to be fixed is optimization. The server is soooo laggy when you want to shoot someone...  you see one pic every 1/2 sec...

Not Luck, Just Magic.

i can join any server from this mod. it's all protect whit a password

spelbreker wrote:

i can join any server from this mod. it's all protect whit a password

That is how it should be, the password can be found on the website!

i fond it thanks

Hey If You Send me the .srv and the entities please.
I will host a server for you.

Pings will be at 60 - 100 if you have a good internet connection(DSL 1000 you have 100)

Send me a mail with the downloadlink
or add me in icq 366027418.

Thanks G@mer

Dune wrote:

-> Oh my god, this isn't the role of teeworlds.... if you want to play with friends with a Voice chat, then use Teamspeak or Mumble... servers do not need this to overclock their bandwith.

This mod isn´t so much teeworlds anymore for me this is a completly new game. I recommended the voice chat implemantion due to problems with communication within your own team. I played serveral games and there was always to problem of wasting points it takes too much time to write in the chat and kinda slows down the gameplay which is a big -
For a tactic you need a lot of communication and its annoying to see beginners messing up your base with 3 shotgun dispensers in one spot -> waste of points and time.

Also it is always funny to see when a team reaches tech lvl 2. -> First thing expansion but they completly forget about the base -> reactor down -> expansion dead too.

But maybe because yesterday it was the first time for most ppl playing without knowing what they are doing