Re: [CLIENT] Nodes - Public Beta

Landil wrote:

the lack of players xD We did not publish the server binary and only Kott got the permission to run one. If there are no servers (on which people can run modded maps or configs), people wont play.

I don't think that's the main reason. Who would run a modded map and config for ctf OR would not play it afterwards? Many are playing in TW and don't host a customized server. I think the requirement of a custom-beta-client is much more problem in that case. If there are connecting way too less players for a good period of time the players that are willing to fiddle around would get bored lonely afterwards.

there will be a public beta test on Dec 28th 8 p.m. CET (UTC+1) more information will be available at http://landil.posterous.com

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Mo2 wrote:

I don't think that's the main reason. Who would run a modded map and config for ctf OR would not play it afterwards? Many are playing in TW and don't host a customized server. I think the requirement of a custom-beta-client is much more problem in that case. If there are connecting way too less players for a good period of time the players that are willing to fiddle around would get bored lonely afterwards.

A lot of people download(ed) the modded client and still want to play nodes. If you had read this thread you would have recognized that there are a lot of people asking for this mod and its client. Thus your thinking is guessing and that's useless. We'll see if people like the new version or not. --> beta test

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

Landil wrote:

Thus your thinking is guessing and that's useless.

For sure. We all don't really know if we aren't the real Trueman (or maybe we all know - just you don't) so we have to guess nearly everything in this world more or less. Anyway if so many downloaded the client and there is a server to play I don't understand why the server is not full the hole time. You say custom-client is no answer because many downloaded it but I still don't believe custom maps/configs is the true answer because most TW-players play or played without hosting a server with or without custom-stuff. So I tell you even you are guessing. Too less player are causing empty server(s). Empty servers are causing less players except enough are finding together in the time others are willing to wait or it's even enough funny to play alone.

At the moment a server is online...
I played some rounds with 3-4 players, but the most left after some seconds xD

wapps.

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Sorry, BUT THIS IS AWESOME xD

This mod is awesome, but it needs more than 4 players to be fun.

Where can I know the rules ?

Either read the second post xD or http://landil.posterous.com/nodes-help. It's not up to date, but it will give you an impression how it works.

what are these crates lying around on the map Hill? They dont seem to serve a purpose...

alias wrote:

what are these crates lying around on the map Hill? They dont seem to serve a purpose...

they are buggy. They are supposed to disappear after a certain period of time or after pick up. Crates contain positive and negative effects or items e.g. full health, explosion ...

I have an idee for a mod, there are walls which dissapear with the Tech lv but no walls which come with the Tech lv

wp.Black Panther wrote:

I have an idee for a mod, there are walls which dissapear with the Tech lv but no walls which come with the Tech lv

That's a nice idea, we'll discuss it. Thx a lot smile

Is there a way to see what all the buffs do?

not yet alias - we are currently fixing all the bugs, changing some graphics & sounds and  then we'll do some balancing and last, but not least, we will publish nodes.

you have to refactor nodes and nodes need much more players

« Owner of Teesites.net
« Domination Mod "Developer"
« Uptee Designer

Fisico wrote:

you have to refactor nodes and nodes need much more players

refactoring to trunk?

And yes it's true, we need more players. But players will come if gameplay, graphics and sounds rock.

342 (edited by CarmineZ 2010-12-31 19:35:59)

for me gameplay aren't good now, i think is better to do a CTF-NODES without reactor without reapetitor and without level of technology, so the gameplay return more action and less strategy

I can´t test the beta 4 because no server is online...

@ landil yep refator to trunk and you have to make much more publicity

nodes needs a new homepage a new forum and so on but the first thing is to refactor and fix all bugs

you can also release the source perhaps some people will help developing

« Owner of Teesites.net
« Domination Mod "Developer"
« Uptee Designer

Fisico wrote:

release the source perhaps some people will help developing

I think thats bad idee, some people will make mods out of nodes O.o

But your right, nodes needs alot more player

My client is now crashing when trying to play on the opened server ...

yes the server was updated, wait until they release the new version

Yaaay, release is coming soon: http://landil.posterous.com

smile

-SALAD

a good project takes its time smile