Re: [CLIENT] Nodes - Public Beta

Tom94 wrote:

But they wont read... :X

And a slow hover-move could be used for the tank. wink

Well thats a bit unlogic... because if they play the MOD they need to download the client and probably talk a lot to players who already know the mod -> so the players who know how to play will share their knowledge.

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

If every player of the team is forced to click on a type they will vote for one... and if they read the description of the type - even better.

This one wink

Not Luck, Just Magic.

253 (edited by T-Majk 2010-03-01 16:52:44)

Nice mod. Thumbs up.
Few suggestions:
Self kill (F1 kill) should not be allowed, or the other team should get kill point for that. Imagine situation like running into enemies base make some damage then when u r just about to die u commit suicide. Op4 don't get point and u don't lost anything, u respawn in home base and u r ready to make another run, plus u don't waste a time going back to pick up some ammo.
BP points? Is it constant value? I think it might be a good idea to earn perhaps 1 bp point per kill. It's boring when both teams got fully equipped bases witch r hard to conquer and the game become dull. There is just noting to do.
The turrets. They r automatic, and that's fine. But it would be even funnier if tee could get inside and shoot manually. The tee operator maight have some protection and should make more damage then automatic mode.
And finally, there got to be some /help /info command. Ppl don't know this mod works only with client. I think i saw msg when i first came in, but it was so confusing and i was like typing all possible command but didn't get any info. I went to forum check the tread but not everyone is going to do that.

254 (edited by Magic Merlin 2010-03-01 17:09:19)

T-Majk wrote:

1. Self kill (F1 kill) should not be allowed, or the other team should get kill point for that.

2. BP points? Is it constant value? I think it might be a good idea to earn perhaps 1 bp point per kill. It's boring when both teams got fully equipped bases witch r hard to conquer and the game become dull. There is just noting to do.

1. The self kill thing is a good idea but make it -> self kill with 5 or less hearts activated by console gives the other team a kill so ppl cant give the other team tech lvls by simply suiciding.

2. If ppl earn bps by killing the bases will get bigger stronger and even more impossible to be taken down.
Btw. If you get to know the mod it shouldnt be to hard to take down a base if you are at least 2 guys attacking and there arent more than 3 guys defending.

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

1. Right. And maybe some anti double agent patch tongue something like if sb change teams and start to demolish new team building etc get kicked smile

2. Instead of earning points it might be capture by other team, for every building destroyed.

T-Majk wrote:

The turrets. They r automatic, and that's fine. But it would be even funnier if tee could get inside and shoot manually. The tee operator maight have some protection and should make more damage then automatic mode.

This is a nice idea. I like it. [+]

Maybe an advantage to being vulnerable inside a turret is you could charge more bullets than if you had a regular hand gun. Or perhaps somthin' else.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

When the offizielae mod comes out?

Sorry for my bad english!

Simos wrote:

When the offizielae mod comes out?

We have not announced an official release date, because we are trying to improve the gameplay at present.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Have you icq?

260 (edited by Spitfire 2010-03-14 13:27:11)

do the turrets adapt to your gameskins?

huh? what do you mean? the graphics are fixed and won't change if you change your gameskin. If you wanna replace them you need to create custom turret graphics.

besides: nodes is not dead, but inherited and me are having a busy real life.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

I cant create batiment on Mac...

GilDev wrote:

Do you mean you want the client for mac ? here:

Landil wrote:

http://solidfiles.com/info_imgs/QSRj.jpg

Thanks to MertenNor for compiling the mac app

Pierpo wrote:

Good news, I solved the mac problem.
You just have to install the last SDL version big_smile

you can get the latest SDL here: http://www.libsdl.org/download-1.2.php under "Mac OS X"

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

Holy crap, i swear this mod will be at least hosted 5 times by me at the moment the server gets released.

Official hoster of the Lvl|x servers | lvlx.org
Mirroring popular Mods at teeworlds.secu.in
Hosting tons of Servers on my Gbit Root

265 (edited by alvaroper 2010-04-18 17:58:51)

wow a real good game i will play it every day ajaja. who wants to be my partner? and also i have an other question.¿how i can get more buiding points in the game??????

MertenNor wrote:
GilDev wrote:

Do you mean you want the client for mac ? here:

Landil wrote:

http://solidfiles.com/info_imgs/QSRj.jpg

Thanks to MertenNor for compiling the mac app

Pierpo wrote:

Good news, I solved the mac problem.
You just have to install the last SDL version big_smile

you can get the latest SDL here: http://www.libsdl.org/download-1.2.php under "Mac OS X"

MertenNor

OMG, thank !!! Now its work prefectly. Before, i did not know there need to install SDL in Library/Frameworks. Just a mini-bug : when you stand on a "Ammo-Dispenser" the sound make a loop and you hear more 1 ammo have.

Another bug on Nodes 3-1 for Mac : when you want demolish a enemy batiment with your construct weapon, you hear the demolish sound and the construct sound same time...

Can you or someone else make a Linux client?

emm why are all the servers down?

because its out!

It works not for me i have win 7 32bit pls help me

Hej dudes,

we would like to go the last step before releasing this mod. We want to implement worms-like crates, which means that some crates fall down from the sky and if you grab them you will get some special buffs or effects. Now this is your turn. We want you to supply us with many many simple and balanced ideas. Please help us and write down your ideas.

e.g.

buff name: bomb
buff description: after 10 seconds the tee will do 15 dmg to nearby buildings and all tees (friendly fire)
graphical effect: tee will get a bomb skin, explosion graphics when tee explodes

what we do not want to see is stuff which is too strong, too weak, too colorful ... simply which is too much.

e.g.
buff name: god mode
buff description: invincible for the rest of the game
graphical effect: every pistol shot causes a super nova explosion which fills up the whole screen with rainbow colored stars, laser beams and  other crap. The tee gets a skin with cool sun glasses.

If you already have an idea of the graphical effects, feel free to post these graphics as thumbnails.

We would be pleased if you support us.

Cheerio

the nodes dev team

I'm glad to see Nodes ain't forgotten smile

Please post a link to download Client AND Server after the final version is done, so it gets more popularity and servers don't stay empty smile

Wish you best for the great mod!

Alrighty:

buff name: Medikit
buff description: By obtaining, the tee gets instantly full hearts
graphical effect if needed: tee-color changes to red for some seconds/ tee shows a happy face until it gets hit by an enemy

buff name: construction kit
buff effect: gives team x (tunable) build points
graphic: sparkles explode out of box when collected with magic sound (maybe for all crates big_smile)

buff name: fast hands
buff effect: makes pistol infinite ammo + can hold mouse1 to fire

buff name: armor pack
buff description: full armor

buff name: reflector
buff description: when collected, a trail of magic powder trails behind you. this shows that you have reflector. having this, when any bullets (other than laser) hit you, they are rebounded back (like shield tower). works like the shield, it refills if not killed fast enough.

buff name: ghost bullets
buff description: your bullets can go through reflector tower things.

buff name: eye for an eye
buff description: allows your tee to regenerate health AND armor. the con to this buff is that you are not able to hook when you have it.

buff name: revenge
buff description: automatically kills the next turret that kills you.

buff name: hammer time
buff description: disables all weapons for you except the wrench, but your wrench is insta (one hit kill)

buff name: blind fury
buff description: makes it so that shooting is not accurate (bullets only fly close to the crosshair, and are danom each time) but shooting speed is increased by 3x.

buff name: spider
buff description: collector moves half as fast, but jumps 2 times as high

buff name: vampire tee
buff description: you gain health equal to how much damage you do

buff name: telephone
buff description: allows you to transport all of your teemates (pun intended) to where you are.

buff name: landil
buff description: you win the game

buff name: crazy mutation
buff description: you have infinite health, ammo, and armor, but a time bomb (similar to bomb mod - stars come out of you like a countdown) kills you in 5 seconds.

buff name: hide and seek
buff name: your tee becomes 10% opaque, ad turrets do not detect you. sheilds can still defect your bullets

buff name: energy wave
buff description: when you pass by turrets, they fire in random directions and act crazy. (possible hitting their teammates)

buff name: gamma rays
buff description: for a temporary time, your bullets, excluding grenades, can fly through walls

buff name: insta noobs
buff description: you get an instagib laser with 10 ammo.

buff name: rainbow
buff name: as you walk, random colored grenades are fired behind you.

buff name: let it rain
buff description: when you collect this, 10 crates rain over each base. (20 inwhole map)

buff name: winterfrost
buff description: freezes tees around you. (get a freeze skin, and they cannot move for 10 sec)

note about buffs: you should only be able to have 1 buff at a time hmm when you collect one, old one is canceled out.