Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

alias wrote:
Dune wrote:

I think it would be better to have a button to focus on the center of the window the server you clicked on. Like, you click on some server, press H, and it locks the scrolling.

What if you can't click on the server because it's moving so fast? o_o

I mean, if you miss the server line, you just lock the scrolling, the good line should be close to the one you are locked on.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

It can't be that difficult to stop sending requests and deny the incoming information from the masterserver,can it?

Once in a century...

Elite Tee wrote:

It can't be that difficult to stop sending requests and deny the incoming information from the masterserver,can it?

It's not, so do it :)

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I have an small idea,

What about if every round ends there comes something like:

MVP: name
Most deaths: name
Most kills: name
Fastest flag runner: name
Fastest tee: name
etc..

I know there isn't an account system yet but it would be a good feature for teeworlds to have profiles. For example if more people are playing from a single coputer,every time they switch they have to set their skin,options...

So how about to make profiles which will remember a user's settings and after your friend/relative/colleague played and you sit to play a little you just change the profile and play. No need to change all the options again.

Once in a century...

Elite Tee wrote:

So how about to make profiles which will remember a user's settings and after your friend/relative/colleague played and you sit to play a little you just change the profile and play. No need to change all the options again.

You can make a bind to change name, clan, country, skin and color.

yea but some players wouldn't know how to do that. And many players won't come to the forum and read this.
This way it's more user friendly (:

Once in a century...

With profiles you could maybe also add custom config files per profile, so you can use your own binds etc.

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

wapps.warpaint. wrote:

With profiles you could maybe also add custom config files per profile, so you can use your own binds etc.

That's why it's called a PC -> Personal Computer...

Anyways, you can always make a bind to execute a different cfg file with different settings. /I think.

I support the profile thingy. It's nice, because some people may share a computer.

In fact the profile thing is already present in Mac OS X and linux, as far as I know, As the settings are saved in the User directory. I don't know about Windows though.

It's the same in windows.

I was thinking about the account system the other day and came up with this idea: Why not make the account system optional? So players would have the ability to register and all of their scores are added to some sort of Global Rank. But they aren't required to do so. Those who don't want to register can simply play as they are playing now.

The point is: Those who wish some kind of ranking,fixed nick(so nobody can fake it) and are eager to prove they're best,they can register and those who fell like they're bound to the shackles of fixed Username and aren't happy about giving their e-mail address (if the registration would be something like that),they don't have to register.

I hope you understand what I meant (:

Once in a century...

@Elite Tee:
Read this: http://www.teeworlds.com/?page=docs& … ationIdeas

665 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2011-07-17 22:18:33)

Instagib should become official. But as an IG  version of the curently official gametypes.
So we would have 6 official gametypes:
1. Death Match (dm)
2. Team Death Match (tdm)
3. Capture the flag (ctf)
4. Insta Death Match (idm)
5. Insta Team Death Match (itdm)
6. Insta Capture the Flag (ictf)

P.S. And I mean the "pure" instagib by Kottizen (:

Once in a century...

Elite Tee wrote:

Instagib should become official. But as an IG  version of the curently official gametypes.
So we would have 6 official gametypes:
1. Death Match (dm)
2. Team Death Match (tdm)
3. Capture the flag (ctf)
4. Insta Death Match (idm)
5. Insta Team Death Match (itdm)
6. Insta Capture the Flag (ictf)

P.S. And I mean the "pure" instagib by Kottizen (:

That has already been proposed, and it's been said instagib would not become official. Although, race would and nothing has been said about survival and domination yet.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Shame ): Instagib is found in most shooter games as are ctf,dm... And how come race gets to be official yikes Teeworlds is a 2D shooter not racer.

btw: Devil is in the details Dune ;D (post 666)

Once in a century...

668 (edited by arionwt1997 2011-07-18 14:30:54)

correct x-ninja shadow!

Before http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5831/xninja.png After http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/5831/xninja.png
my edit

669 (edited by arionwt1997 2011-07-18 16:08:40)

Ability to turn off the skin x_ninjas

remove duplicate skins

bluekitty http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9899/bluekittyw.png     limekitty http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/2158/limekitty.png

brownbear http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3114/brownbear.png     coala http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/8115/coala.png

@arionwt1997 Don't double post or triple post in your case. Now:

1. It doesn't need to be changed
2. I don't understand
3. They aren't duplicates.

Once in a century...

672 (edited by analog 2011-07-22 06:50:55)

This guy is begging for ban smile

I'm not sure if I just can't find it... but what about a "Join Game" option on the friend list? This way, if you click Join Game, it would automatically connect to the server he/she is in.

http://i56.tinypic.com/au7h5i.png

673 (edited by Dune 2011-07-22 07:36:20)

alias wrote:

I'm not sure if I just can't find it... but what about a "Join Game" option on the friend list? This way, if you click Join Game, it would automatically connect to the server he/she is in.

Look through the last version. There is actually a number next to each friend indicating how much players online fit to the filter.
To each friend isn't associated an unique player - not like it would be an IP - so you can't do something like that.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
alias wrote:

Look through the last version. There is actually a number next to each friend indicating how much players online fit to the filter.
To each friend isn't associated an unique player - not like it would be an IP - so you can't do something like that.

Exactly, especially as it is possible to add a whole clan as a friend by only writing the clan tag.

Would like to have some kind of 'marker' for demos:

while u are recording a demo, u can press a button and this position will be saved in the demo to have the ability to
watch this situation again (shown in the timeline of the demo) (: