451 (edited by GreYFoX 2010-12-02 16:24:57)

Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

3da wrote:

I want accounts system in next version... My idea of it:
There are server which contains all accounts. We can register our nicks on this server using website.
Before player will be joined to the server, player send login and password to account server. Then accounts server binds player login to this ip address.
Then any server (official or mod) can use accounts server to compare player's nick and ip address. (If true, login unbinds with ip address.)
Then player join the server and playing fun.

i have an idea why not:

The login server gives a session ID to the client on login, this session expires each X hours and it also expires if the client closes the tw client

when the logged in client tries to join a server, that server contacts the login server and asks it if the session ID exists, and if it does, play normally, if it doesn't play as unregistered or kick whatever..

IP is bad cause then you can DC and someone else takes ur IP or someone can send bad IP to the server

but with server generated Session ID, it would be harder to spoof

if you are looking for support for DDRace, please go to http://DDRace.info.

GreYFoX wrote:
3da wrote:

I want accounts system in next version... My idea of it:
There are server which contains all accounts. We can register our nicks on this server using website.
Before player will be joined to the server, player send login and password to account server. Then accounts server binds player login to this ip address.
Then any server (official or mod) can use accounts server to compare player's nick and ip address. (If true, login unbinds with ip address.)
Then player join the server and playing fun.

i have an idea why not:

The login server gives a session ID to the client on login, this session expires each X hours and it also expires if the client closes the tw client

when the logged in client tries to join a server, that server contacts the login server and asks it if the session ID exists, and if it does, play normally, if it doesn't play as unregistered or kick whatever..

IP is bad cause then you can DC and someone else takes ur IP or someone can send bad IP to the server

but with server generated Session ID, it would be harder to spoof

I don't get where the problem is. The server simply needs to ask some "masterservers": Hey, is 154.87.54.18 truely Mr. Smith?, the client just need to authentificate to those "masterservers", and give login & password.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I'd like to have a level system like in Call of Duty Black Ops.

That would be great ^^

That requires an account system, afaik. Developers are unsure of the account system so far, so same for levels. Actually, if accounts are implemented, levels can be implemented within a server mod, not a client. But you need a client for level experience bars and stuff ^^

455 (edited by CarmineZ 2010-12-14 10:33:16)

levels are the biggest stupid game-type, and, if levels become official, than some hackers will join at  level max, without to have played to increase their experience

CarmineZ wrote:

levels are the biggest stupid game-type

Agree.

and, if levels become official, than some hackers will join at  level max, without to have played to increase their experience

Not if it's server-sided. Hackers aren't gods, they can't hack everything on everything.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

457 (edited by CarmineZ 2010-12-14 11:10:52)

Not if it's server-sided. Hackers aren't gods, they can't hack everything on everything.

yes you right, but some admins (server hoster, or master server hoster) that have acces to database, can change everything they want, and teeworlds become like city mod!!!!! incredible

In my opinion, the "too weak connection (not acked for 10 seconds)" should be changed to "tee weak conenction (not acked for 30 seconds)" because:

Map loading mainly depends on the amount of layers the map has. I think.

And since there is a scroll bar, this allows more layers to be added, which will lead to more of this timeout error. Extending the loading time should most likely lift this error. You guys might say that loading super large maps is a waste of time and is senseless, but many mappers (such as I and Pocram) will find it helpful.

"too weak connection (not acked for 10 seconds)" should be changed to "tee weak conenction (not acked for 30 seconds)"

You are a weak tee! big_smile

I don't get the use of a scrollbar for layers, when you're building a decent map, with only one theme, you don't need 30s to load the map nor more layers than the currently allowed number of layers.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

alias wrote:

In my opinion, the "too weak connection (not acked for 10 seconds)" should be changed to "tee weak conenction (not acked for 30 seconds)" because:

that is not very useful. you are fighting effects but not the problem. to solve the problem: make the loading of the map threaded or at least do not load the whole map at once..

heinrich5991 wrote:
alias wrote:

that is not very useful. you are fighting effects but not the problem. to solve the problem: make the loading of the map threaded or at least do not load the whole map at once..

We have already a ticket that solves the problem of big maps: https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds/issues#issue/64

I think the most maps have over 75% of empty fields. If after this optimizing the maps have to much fileds I have made another suggestion: https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds/issues#issue/382

So when choupom says
optimized=27000
unoptimized=9000000

that means the problem is reduced by alot though, right?

463 (edited by Deleted User 2010-12-30 21:10:13)

Choupom hasn't get it as he said. Just an example:

A big map with 400 * 400 Tiles on 20 normal layers and one game layer (I will now ignore the game layer). 20 * 400 * 400 are 3.200.000 tiles. On some computers this will cause the 10 seconds timeout. Let's say the map has 50.000 mapped tiles (grass, walls, doodads and so on) and so 3.150.000 empty tiles (air). This means an optimizing can reduce the loading time for these layers to 1,56%. (For example from originally 12 seconds (timeout) to 0,19 seconds. There are theoretically some other factors that will affect the time a little negative but it should be under 1 second after the optimizing.

464 (edited by jxsl13 2010-12-31 11:21:00)

I think an ingame pm-system would be helpful to reduce the annoying spam.
When you want to write one thing to only one person, so you would just write
/pm <id> hi .....
other players wouldnt see it and it wouldnt disturb the other players with unneeded messages to see the screen/map/other players.

@ Dune:
there are a lot of little maps, that need more than 30 layers, so i think a scrollbar would be needed and unlimited layers.
Some mappers may use just 3 or 2 of the standart layers, but they  make so many details on their little maps , that a lot of layers are needed for only a map of 100*100
_______

the envelopes editor needs an ingame tutorial, because the hardest part ist , when you try to make some animated colors.

The standart layers seem so empty, that i think a lot of stuff is needed on them .
so every player will be happy , when he just has to download 30kb and not 500kb
or we will look for some good layers, which people of this community made, and use them as standart, so landil and the others will have less to work ^^

greets jxsl13

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

jxsl13 wrote:

I think an ingame pm-system would be helpful to reduce the annoying spam.
When you want to write one thing to only one person, so you would just write
/pm <id> hi .....
other players wouldnt see it and it wouldnt disturb the other players with unneeded messages to see the screen/map/other players.

It has already been done in a nice way by Sushi Tee (I'm including the feature in all my server-side mods smile), but I'm not sure I'm allowed to post the code here, so just ask sushi.

You had to write in chat:

/pm <part of the name> <message>

There is a shortcut to PM somebody in the gamer, btw, but it's odd since few mods include it.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

466 (edited by CarmineZ 2011-01-01 12:22:11)

i think that we needs to draw better maps, a function that, will become possible to snap the quads point to tiles grid....
if developers haven't time to do it, i will try alone and, if work well i should propose to them
happy new year TeeWorlds!

I think, to colorize the user name plates in teem games was a bad idea.

You couldn't add to a hammer ability to break through the earth?
вы не могли бы добавить к молотку способность прорывать землю?

Please do not use other peoples avatar without their permission. // Azon

BOGORUSLAN wrote:

You couldn't add to a hammer ability to break through the earth?
вы не могли бы добавить к молотку способность прорывать землю?

Suggestions go here.

This is an english Forum. You don't have to translate your post into russian.

And why are you using alias' Avatar?

Map editor suggestion:

I think that the editor need some more love ^^

It should be possible to save animations as an own file and embed them from an external folder for animations and color envelopes.
The envelopes editor should be made much easier to use:
also  there should be some kind of gamut for the time that the animation shall run.
and it should be able to set a value which lets the animation begin again(loop time)after so or so many seconds.
and you should be able to enter any number that you set by dragging the points(red) in the envelopes by typing it in some box.

When you use Quad, you can't really do any cool things with them, because they are just  quads.
It also should be possible to add to a normal quad more of that red points to change the quad's form.
The best way would be to add add a quad-editor like the envelopes and maybe it should be possible to save the quads as an own file too.

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

Additionally, as there is vote to kick, maybe there should be a vote to spec (for afk).

472 (edited by Maxone 2011-01-30 23:16:57)

Can you add server parameter for max clients with same IP to prevent cheaters to use votebot?

UPD: Thanks for quick reply.

Votebot problem is already fixed in the trunk version as there is only one vote allowed per ip.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I didn't rode all 19 pages, then sorry if someone already posted a message like mine.

What about making the hook like a "weapon" ? To use it you have to pick it like grenades, laser ...

@sebcap26: I don't think this is a very good idea. The reason is that hooking is an very elementary part of movement for teeworlds, especially when playing on a higher level. In fact, the hook is what makes teeworlds so unique.  Making it a pickup would slow down the games a lot and it would even break the movement possibilities in many of the official maps. This is why I believe this to be a bad idea.