Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

alias wrote:

Hm.. the idea may also throw out a large amount of players. I mean... how can DDrace players gain levels?

You don't gain any levels. The idea is just to add a value to the server config stating whether the server level is beginner, intermediate or difficult. Players may then specify in their client filters what level they are, which will serve as a rough guideline on which server to join. This won't necessarily be very accurate as everything is left for players, but for most it will help to find similar-leveled players and stop many noobs from getting raped on pro servers.

Btw, this feature needs to be implemented. Lord says he coded it already, couldn't hurt to migrate it to trunk.

Failuree @ Quakenet

Failure wrote:
alias wrote:

Hm.. the idea may also throw out a large amount of players. I mean... how can DDrace players gain levels?

You don't gain any levels. The idea is just to add a value to the server config stating whether the server level is beginner, intermediate or difficult. Players may then specify in their client filters what level they are, which will serve as a rough guideline on which server to join. This won't necessarily be very accurate as everything is left for players, but for most it will help to find similar-leveled players and stop many noobs from getting raped on pro servers.

Btw, this feature needs to be implemented. Lord says he coded it already, couldn't hurt to migrate it to trunk.

Prozac wrote:

hello.
this is my idea, dunno if someone already told this.

Make a ladder. And make servers that allow players to play always with same level enemies. Let me explain.
Make the possibility to build server that allow players to join only if they have a level >= set in the server config.

How to grow level in the ladder? There could be many ways like: kills, score position at the end of a match, frags, and so on.

This would be great and suggest A LOT of new players to increase their skills. Cause at the moment they are not.

I meant that. I like Lord's better.

The feature Lord proposed in his blog (as far as I understood it, I think I did), is the possibility for each server to set a level of gameplay that people will see in the server browser. That's it. No skill rating, no restriced access for some people, you're free to choose your server, it's information.
Oh, and btw don't wait for Lord to open a ticket, he's not actively developping anymore.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

404 (edited by Prozac 2010-11-11 01:15:42)

alias wrote:

that's not important. ddrace is a mod, and we have to think particulary on the real tw game. I mean Vanilla and (if will be added like official) instagib. Anyway for answer you would be enough easy let ddrace players gain levels, u put a finish time and a score classific at the end of the time setted for finish the map. So u give (for example) 5 points at first, 4 at second and so on.

Teeworlds is made for fight. And we have to incentivate it. So the skills rating would be the best way in my opinion. If you didnt noticed, the vanilla scene and the highskill scene are going down cause of these mods. Mods are funny, i play it too sometime, but they arent the real tw that the coders made.

So the ladder would be useful. Did u ever plaied to LoL (league of legends). Is a free game and it has cool but simply skill rating, and a chat between users out of the servers.

Anyway for do this is obvious that Teeworlds should have a player registration. And i think would be a big changement that many players would appreciate and join.

Prozac wrote:

So the ladder would be useful. Did u ever plaied to LoL (league of legends). Is a free game and it has cool but simply skill rating, and a chat between users out of the servers.

Anyway for do this is obvious that Teeworlds should have a player registration. And i think would be a big changement that many players would appreciate and join.

About the Skill rating: to me, that doesn't fit at all with the Teeworlds spirit, and that would be nearly impossible to build in.

About the chat between users out of the servers: I'm currently trying to build one, but there is nothing like that planned, because of ads problems and so on.

About the player registration: That's already planned for 0.6

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

About the Skill rating: to me, that doesn't fit at all with the Teeworlds spirit, and that would be nearly impossible to build in.

It's not that important. I think it'd be nice if they had the time to add it in, which would be far in the future because they've had serious back log like nobody's business. x)

Dune wrote:

About the chat between users out of the servers: I'm currently trying to build one, but there is nothing like that planned, because of ads problems and so on.

Ad problems? I see no difference between outside sever gamers which would make them more obligated to sever ad spamming than gamers in sever.

{Off topic}, are the devs going to release a 0.5.3 before the 0.6.0?

And I have a small suggestion. The browse icons that show if a sever is a non-vanilla gametype, a favorite, or password protected have pretty bland icons. I changed that and made this:
http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu177/Really_now/browse_icons2.png
Pretty easy to make and I thought it looked better. Maybe something sexy like that for the 0.6? :3

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

What's the blue E for.

Bee wrote:

i dont like them... it doesnt fit to the server browser which is only white+grey. KISS!

Heinrich you can change the color of the browser.. smile

but for what is the blue e? big_smile

alias wrote:

What's the blue E for.

I have no idea. But if you look at the original, it will have an "e" too.

heinrich5991 wrote:

i dont like them... it doesnt fit to the server browser which is only white+grey. KISS!

They are pretty simple. The original game.png has bright colors, shadowing, bold outlining; not only a lightgrey color, which is why I gave them bright colors, shadowing, and bold outlining. tongue
I think it's still kiss material...

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

That looks pretty nice... what do you people think about adding some colors in the masterservers? That wouldn't kill a tee smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

412 (edited by [...(-.-)...] Nierok 2010-11-14 00:17:34)

No changes for that please. It is good now and i like it, because it is neat arranged now.
Maybe other new symbols which are more simple than these new four. The server browser should be simple, because every good server browser is monoton and suitable.

I use them now :3

How it could look in the server browser

Not Luck, Just Magic.

thank you.. i think these colored graphics  dont fit to the simple grey+white serverbrowser.

It would be a lot better if you could have a free view in a demo, so you can see in the perspective of the one who got killed

heinrich5991 wrote:

i think these colored graphics  dont fit to the simple grey+white serverbrowser.

Maybe we should have a better server browser? Way back in 0.2.0, it had colors and sounds in the opening menu. I don't know why they changed it...

@ Dune: What is the orange-ish /!\ mean? The ones on the zombie mods.

because official stuff no want to give to Teeworlds more features, i code it by myself, for now i modded the client and server to create more new pickups and 2 ground tile 45° grades ramp, sx & dx... it's cool, but if i must wait official development, i'll never see their promise

i think the minimalism of the devs was a good idea. maybe we have can a server browser with customizable themes. like z-team's pack.

alias wrote:

i think the minimalism of the devs was a good idea.

thats the opposite to

alias wrote:

maybe we have can a server browser with customizable themes. like z-team's pack.

heinrich5991 wrote:
alias wrote:

i think the minimalism of the devs was a good idea.

thats the opposite to

alias wrote:

maybe we have can a server browser with customizable themes. like z-team's pack.

i'm sorry, i was truying to say that i like it, but others might not.

others may want something more complicated, so give them what they want - the power to make it how they like.

renamed the MOD gametype to:
mDM
mTDM
mCTF

and maybe more tunings:

sv_infinite_ammo
sv_grenade_damage
sv_shotgun_bullets
sv_gun_damage
sv_hammer_force

etc...

alias wrote:

renamed the MOD gametype to:
mDM
mTDM
mCTF

and maybe more tunings:

sv_infinite_ammo
sv_grenade_damage
sv_shotgun_bullets
sv_gun_damage
sv_hammer_force

etc...

Why do you want possibility to set up unbalanced server with the pure binaries? People are already doing it well with mods.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

424 (edited by analog 2010-11-18 01:58:08)

Hi... I heard from Ubu that there most likely will be accounts in the future.. so would this be possible?
Grade system: Ratio multiplied by (Kills - Deaths)
http://i54.tinypic.com/27yn7vb.png

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/4542719/img/4542719.png

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/4542720/img/4542720.png

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/4542725/img/4542725.png

http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/4542728/img/4542728.png

i have a suggestion update the links to tickets to github issues.

if you are looking for support for DDRace, please go to http://DDRace.info.