Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

A better "Save As" system in the map editor...

Just now, and a couple of times in the past, I would go into the map editor and try to open up a map but I would hit [Save As] by accident and consequently erase the map. For example: right when you go into the map editor, there is a blank standardized map, (50 wide and 50 tall with absolutely nothing in it) but when you hit [Save As] rather than [Open], it saves the map (the one with something in it) as that blank started map, incidentally ruining your time you spent on that map... I purpose in the next version that you can never overwrite a map if it has the standard map in it's place.  I see no reason why someone would ever want to do that anyway. :\
Also, whenever you try to save a map (that has something in it) as a different map (that also has something in it), a message should come up saying, "Are you sure you want to save "mu_ctf_map.map" as "my_newctf_map.map"? It doesn't eliminate having a double map and erasing the other but it would sure help.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Bee wrote:

A better "Save As" system in the map editor...

Not only way to loose all your work. There's a damned shortcut F6 / F7 or F8 I don't remember that erase without saving anything the map you're currently working on.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Does it have: "Warning, you're about to erase all progress. Do you want to continue?" If not, it would piss me off so much if I accidentally hit that button. mad

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Just press F6 when editing a map, you'll see. No warnings, nothing. And you know what? It's my emergency mute button on mumble. This means when my mum comes in my room, I erase all my work like that big_smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Btw Azon, I think most if, not all, the tickets need to be renewed. They don't work anymore. :c

A scroll button for client and rcon consoles.

It will be very useful to see the history of the client and rcon consoles (liek when you type dump_binds ... nobody can't see all of his binds) Or at least to have a a scroll button for the most recent actions.

And mb an call vote options extend... there is a short limit that the server can't brake.

thx smile

A level-system like battle.net smile

Hip-Hop_BLOND wrote:

It will be very useful to see the history of the client and rcon consoles (liek when you type dump_binds ... nobody can't see all of his binds) Or at least to have a a scroll button for the most recent actions.

Just watch your console (if you don't have any, open Teeworlds in console mode).

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
Hip-Hop_BLOND wrote:

Just watch your console (if you don't have any, open Teeworlds in console mode).

Still... i must minimize tw first =/ This way will be faster (if not too much to do ofc)

While going though all the unanswered topics, I saw these and thought they were decent:
In Air Tee Feet
Respawn and weapons

an up-down button on the bottom left of the screen (near the chat area) to scroll through previous chats etc.

alias wrote:

an up-down button on the bottom left of the screen (near the chat area) to scroll through previous chats etc.

There's already a chat historic feature in the trunk implemented by Lord.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

My only suggestion is do anything but dont make it anymore complicated because if we have shields, new weapons and stuff like that. That's why i loved teeworlds only skill counts and not which weapon you got or something like that hmm so please dont make it anymore complicated

"The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane." Nikola Tesla.

I have the same feelings as you, but I do think there could be a couple more weapons that would enhance a players all around skills and not just the power of the weapon. Things like Crazy mod, with it's low skill application, aren't very popular because it's grounds for noob reign but having unique weapons with both pros and cons makes Teeworlds more advanced and keeps skills a vital part of gaming.

But it's fun as it is, right?
Let's not take our chances big_smile

Cumm'on boih, change is fun and exciting. >:D

It's risky i think it shouldn't go allround that every server has it but tests like a game mode with those more weapons and so peeps can check it out play it and i dunno post here if it's good or not or choose a group of people who will get the beta with more weapons and stuff (both "High-Leveled" and those who aren't so experienced).
Then we can choose if we want it or not smile because risking is useless if you aren't 100% sure.
Well that's my opinion.

"The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane." Nikola Tesla.

I hop the new version comes out fast

Love Teeworlds!!!
I love Landil's Artwork ;D
Like Blockwar! smile

I'll come out when it comes out, so try to be patient.
But yeah, I'm excited too! :3

A "Stop Refresh" Button, because its pretty annoying to wait until 100 shit servers are refereshed when i already saw a special one in the list

you may try "b_max_requests 100" for 0.5.2 or "br_max_requests 100" for trunk, so the browser refreshes in < 1 second.

(you may try higher values too wink )

397 (edited by Prozac 2010-11-09 13:18:34)

hello.
this is my idea, dunno if someone already told this.

Make a ladder. And make servers that allow players to play always with same level enemies. Let me explain.
Make the possibility to build server that allow players to join only if they have a level >= set in the server config.

How to grow level in the ladder? There could be many ways like: kills, score position at the end of a match, frags, and so on.

This would be great and suggest A LOT of new players to increase their skills. Cause at the moment they are not.

http://lordskelethom.posterous.com/server-level
So like this... but you can grow levels in the player as well?
Make it so that high level players can play in the low level as well.
And so you can set your server as undefined so everyone can play.

I really like Prozac's idea. I might make newbies pissed off but it'll potentially decrease many admin's headaches.

I would also like to point out that not all pro-or even good players-are, well, nice players. Any players with a history of a negative attitude towards other players or admins, sever crashing, blocking, team killing, (you get the idea) should also not be allowed in, if the admin configures his sever that way. My only worry with that is it might turn into the one of Medieval Times' predicaments; people who couldn't pay off their debts were sent to jail until they could pay them off, except for, it's impossible to pay off your debts if you're rotting in jail. In other words, people will a bad history might never change that history if no one gives them the chance to turn it around. tongue

Lastly, I like the idea of some one out side of a sever being able to send a private message to some one(s) inside the sever. Like if you wanted to met up with another player but that sever is full, then you can send a pm to them saying, "This sucks, the sever is full. Let's go some where else." and then both leave to another non-full sever. With that, it gets into the whole, "But what if players don't want pm's while their playing/What if someone that usually bugs him, is just trying to bug him again?" Then ether disable pms from players out side of severs/place them on the ignore list.

Hm.. the idea may also throw out a large amount of players. I mean... how can DDrace players gain levels?