Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

We need a translate button.

Like, say a...spanish guy know's that there are english people there but he doesn't speak english.
When done typing, there would be a little translate button with a scroll down menu with all languages in spanish.
When clicked, to english, it'd come out as english.

Well, alot of people who don't speak english keep trying to talk to me. hmm

May be hard to program, but I think it's possible.

Ill mostly be making maps for this site ( if i could figure out how to post maps....)

Google translate has an API which could help a lot.

penguins wrote:

I have a suggestion:
The one thing that I would like to see changed about teeworlds is hiding, or shall I say lack of hiding due to name above player.
It would be really cool if there was some server setting that disabled name viewing for players, or only show name when the tee is fully visible. Maybe both. Such as sv_names or something. This would allow a hiding aspect to the game without modding like catch16. In catch16 it really adds a whole new strategy to the game.
Does anybody else think it would work?

I had the same idea.
Come to the [GOD]Clanserver.
(when it's online smile)

Driehoek wrote:
penguins wrote:

I have a suggestion:
The one thing that I would like to see changed about teeworlds is hiding, or shall I say lack of hiding due to name above player.
It would be really cool if there was some server setting that disabled name viewing for players, or only show name when the tee is fully visible. Maybe both. Such as sv_names or something. This would allow a hiding aspect to the game without modding like catch16. In catch16 it really adds a whole new strategy to the game.
Does anybody else think it would work?

I had the same idea.
Come to the [GOD]Clanserver.
(when it's online smile)

No map should hide anything. Targets should be easily visible and shootable: see on every standard map - there is never things like somewhere you can hide or secret ways...
Anyway, the game tiles layer is sent to the client, and the client is not supposed to hide the info he's receiving...

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Suggestion: add some kind of visual indication telling whether your double jump is available or not.

Sometimes in the heat of action you miss the sound or the little stars telling that you air jumped instead of normal jumped. Also, and more importantly, when you've been flying for a long time you can forget that you air jumped at some point. Often, when carrying the flag through the bottom of the map on CTF5, I wonder if I can air jump or not. I'd like to be able to just look at the HUD, maybe somewhere next to the ammunition count, and visually see whether my air jump is available or not at this point.

Now, maybe some people would say that knowing whether you can air jump or not is a skill that can be acquired. Sure, but this argument could be used to justify not showing the weapon you're handling, the ammunition and life you have left, the score... I think there is much more interesting ways to promote skill in this game that hiding these informations hmm

I mainly play CTF5 in public servers. In-game nickname is DON'T PANIC !!

There's already one. Your feet.
They're darker when you have double jumped.

spl0k, aka Al`. From the HuH clan.
Noobing pwns since 01/01/1970.
TeeViewer - TeeComp

Oh, I did not know that, thanks for the info. I'll check that next time.

spl0k wrote:

i have double jumped, im looking at my feet and nothing changed.. maybe its cause im wearing socks?

n0skill wrote:
spl0k wrote:

i have double jumped, im looking at my feet and nothing changed.. maybe its cause im wearing socks?

Use the default skin.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Why not a new weapon in this game?
I think it's already fun, but with more weapon it would be funnier!
I thought about a weapon like water pistol : we throw things like poisonous drops, and these drops stay where they are during a few seconds. Any tee which walk on these drops (même the tee which throw them) would take damages.

Do you mean that there are tees that actually walk on the ground ? smile

Anyway in my opinion teeworlds vanilla's simplicity is what makes it so good, so I don't think adding new weapons would be that useful. I mean, we've got everything covered already: close range with shotgun, medium range and barrier with grenades, long range with rifle, very long range with pistol, emergency weapons with pistol and hammer, humiliation weapon with hammer. I can't find what's missing. Maybe traps for territory control are missing indeed, but I've never liked traps anyway and they tend to slow down the game IMO.

However, I remember a similar game called gusanos which had many more weapons. It was what made the game fun: to have a lot of crazy, brutal weapons. But although its messiness made for a lot of fun, I don't think it was as tactical as Teeworlds. So my guess is that a lot of weapons is fun, but maybe it should be kept for mods.

362 (edited by CarmineZ 2010-08-09 09:17:18)

My idea is to create this new feature:
in map editor to be possible put a loop midi music background for map,
and in the sound setting should be can adjust volume.
the midi must be embedded in the map....
Is hard to make it in next version?
it create atmosphere around gaming

another feature:
parts moveable of map, example an hook_tile move from left to right or in other directions and after go back, slowly or quickly. 

and disappearance and reappearance parts

363 (edited by Schaaf 2010-08-13 13:00:18)

idea: remove players after x seconds of inactivity. if enough ppl would be interested, i could even code it

I like to tell you my idea too. I got a server (am admin) at the 0.5.x server client and the 0.6.x of sushi. There are not many differences, but I dont like the rcon filter... Would it be possible to enable/disable this option at my client/server? Because I like to see everything whats happening. Maybe this would be possible.
Another thing at the server would be: when I type in "status" at the rcon, would it be possible to show after name and score something like "rcon status"? So you can see who is logged in too. Would be great if you add this!

Greetings,
LxMaD

what about my idea?
details at the shadow from a skin should be behind the weapon because sometimes the gun behind the tee looks very crappy

dont be hard with me:i am just a softdrink xD

I've noticed that if you run @ high speed and fire a granade, the granade's speed has got always the normal speed, instead it should be

Gren's Speed = Player Speed + Shot Speed!!!

367 (edited by Jamp 2010-09-14 20:02:42)

This has been discussed before, developers said that it makes the game much more like "hit and run" and was rejected.

/edit too much of e in developers tongue

Drowning dwarves lately

divide embedded image when download a new map, and save mapres with crc (like maps), and put in a folder.... this feature decrease drastically size of downloads

Can you tell me relase date ? hehe

There is no planned release date yet.

371 (edited by Bee 2010-10-17 21:33:48)

It has been really obvious that people don't know what they are doing when they first start playing teeworlds. I see many nameless tees trying to shoot and hook me on ctf or tdm and it is obvious they think everyone is their enemy. Example of a dude oblivious to what he was doing: What The F***?!
It's true teeworld isn't extremely complicated and we strive to keep the KISS mentality, but I think if there was a manual or a rules tab in the teeworlds game itself, that would help a lot. I know it took me about two weeks to get almost everything down and even now and again I learn something new. Even if it's just words it's better than nothing, but pictures or even videos could probably greater help newbies learn the way of the tee.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Imo this is important: have the client delete maps that have not been completely downloaded, or cut off. Just make sure your downloadedmaps folder does not have a bunch of trash (broken maps) in it.

Sorry for double post, but i didn't think i should edit (to keep ideas in seperate posts)

http://lordskelethom.posterous.com/server-level

I like this. Should it be?

Nice that there's gonna be an in-game server creation.

New ingame name is xLazyMF

That may look minor but: I really think you should send different chat messages when the client got connection problems / timeout / weak connection and when he just decide to leave the game. Many other games already implement that. Example:
"[Awesome] Me has timed out".

Not Luck, Just Magic.