Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

ghost91 wrote:

@ MertenNor: What exactly do you want? A server option that forbidds clients with ping > 70 (e.g.) to connect/join the game? That is sort of stupid, in my opinion. For example what would happen, if the ping suddenly rises, because there are problems with the provider, the client would get kicked immedeatly? What do you think this feature would be usefull for?

Yeah, and people with high ping really don't affect anything, they have no advantage. Completely useless in my opinion.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Hi,

I'd like to display text (or image if can't display text) on the client screen.
I explain : I'd like to display some informations about the server, but display them always, not by doing a command in the chat that will disapear 10 seconds later...
I'd like to display the texts on the right of the screen, or, if imposible, an image generated.

I know it's possible without moding the client, because some servers displays ads on the client screen, without a modded-client.

Mika.

You can do 2 things:
- modify the maps adding a quad with your logo (or text) everywhere you want and always visible
- coding a server mod that send every n seconds a chat message to clients, that will be visible in the chat (you can also broadcast it)

In the right... no, it's not possible to put text in the right without client modification. But you can always use the first solution with an image.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

Lanta wrote:

- modify the maps adding a quad with your logo (or text) everywhere you want and always visible

That's a simple way, but the image will change each time the map is played :s
Can a script PHP modify a map ? big_smile

Mika.

Mika56 wrote:
Lanta wrote:

That's a simple way, but the image will change each time the map is played :s
Can a script PHP modify a map ? big_smile

Mika.

oO
If you save the map with the quad, it won't disappear after a simple reload. You don't need a script that do it automatically, just modify each map you wanna add to your server with the map editor...

hey@all
i have a suggestion! rlly? no! what? ok yes!
i have seen a server with save score this idea is pretty cool but it would be more cool(er?) if there would be shown the round score too
if you know how to do it or want to tell me if it is cool or cooler pls post big_smile

dont be hard with me:i am just a softdrink xD

The search function is here to help you:
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5364

283 (edited by lamefun 2010-04-20 06:29:27)

Many mods use broadcast to show service messages, so admin is unable to use it to broadcast messages for players. Race mod is using it to display the timer, so an admin's message is altered in a second for most players. I suggest to add another broadcast channel especially for mod's messages, maybe it should have somewhat smaller font big_smile

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5653/example1l.png

This isn't related to teeworlds, but to modders who abuse the broadcast messages. Its their fault, and we dont care.

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

285 (edited by lamefun 2010-04-20 11:42:05)

Currently, broadcast is the only way for modders to print realtime information, like time in race or turret construction in teemo, so admin's broadcast is altered for some players.

However, devs should still not care. It is as torch said before, it's modrelated and not teeworlds. If this is so problemtaic, modders should write their own client mods for their server mods, that support another type messages. Until vanilla teeworlds does not use broadcast in the way you described above, there is absolutely no reason to change the way tw handels broadcast messages.

Are you ignoring me?!

This old fellow has left this forum to find his way somewhere else. Don't search for him, he'll be fine. Probably. But don't forget him or his deeds (if there are any deeds...)! Never forget the good old ilili.....http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6460

Retro-ninja wrote:

I don't like where this is going.
I just joined this game and I have grown to love it. Some of these changes wanting to be made and i think it completely crushes the fun in the game that I've come to love. Stuff like damage from falling puts limits on what makes the game what it really is. I see this game as a balls out fun fest with no limits where you just shoot things that aren't your color. I've been looking for ages for a game this good. I LOVE the fact that there is no log in system and no level ups and what not, you just double click the icon and open a barrel of fun. i think a level up system will attract power wanters and soon after there will be countless hacks, MARK MY WORDS, so some of the "suggestions" I think are a bad idea and most things about the GAMEPLAY should stay the same like i said things are GREAT as is please only change things that NEED to be changed. Please keep the game good while it still is.
-Andy

noone cares what noobs say -_-

I...DRINK...YOUR...MILKSHAKE!!!!!!!

@ Retro Ninja:
It's not that you're noob, its that what you're saying is 100% correct, and does not need further conversation. Just please note in the future that people not replying does NOT mean that they do not pay attention to your posts. If everyone had to post when they looked at something, this forum would have over 1 million posts.

But Ninja is right. Save the "falling" stuff for mods. I think Vanilla right now is well balanced and does not need many changes (note "many")

USA pride. What now.

Wow, nice ideas big_smile what about a server that show your expierence in the game? mm? smile

~Winners of the Game~ | MasteR wink

291 (edited by Retro-ninja 2010-04-22 02:27:27)

the closest to levels i will go is somethign like hlxstats
where its a mod that you put on your server that recognizes your ip and tellsm you your level, kills deaths ect

I...DRINK...YOUR...MILKSHAKE!!!!!!!

A Protective Beard. I like that!

Languages shapes the way we think, or don't.

what about a mute function...for example /mute Done...it would be good if there is a spamer...but the mutefunction is only for yourself, so that his chat is hide for you, but not for the other players...or is this something modders have to do?

Ingame Name: //w®a* DøñE
Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

It would be great to be able to see player Id as an addition to the nickname when we are in mod/admin mode so admins/moderators could act quick.

Dardakal wrote:

It would be great to be able to see player Id as an addition to the nickname when we are in mod/admin mode so admins/moderators could act quick.

Already available : Ctrl+Shift+D smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I would like to have a function (little button) which allow you to test your Map in the mapeditor! So you dont need to open a srv at first... wink

i know that teeworlds doesnt support MODs but a huge part of the community is playing MODs and it would be nice if there were 1 or 2 buttons at controles that were named: MOD1 MOD2
And does button could have different functions at every MOD...
It wouldnt affect vanilla gametypes/play at all but it would help the MOD comunity a lot.

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

There are many things, very quick and easy to code developers could do to help the "MOD comunity" as you said, but this isn't their philosophy, and I understand this.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

299 (edited by Lanta 2010-04-30 18:52:22)

Magic Merlin wrote:

i know that teeworlds doesnt support MODs but a huge part of the community is playing MODs and it would be nice if there were 1 or 2 buttons at controles that were named: MOD1 MOD2
And does button could have different functions at every MOD...
It wouldnt affect vanilla gametypes/play at all but it would help the MOD comunity a lot.

Like Dune already said, this wouldn't hard to code. But it's not in the Teeworlds dev interests to develop such features.
Want a motivation?
Look at the server list now, using your client. How many Vanilla Pure non-modded server with default config are online at the moment?
You can count them on your fingers... and there are more than 900 servers online. Most of servers are useless mods, Vanilla is going to die cuz of mods. And let's think together... if vanilla will die, mods will die with it.
That's a nice view? NO.
So, there is no need to support mods in my opinion. We must fight them, not support them. It's full of useless mods that have success but they changed only a line of code... too many.

Lanta wrote:

Look at the server list now, using your client. How many Vanilla Pure non-modded server with default config are online at the moment?
You can count them on your fingers... and there are more than 900 servers online. Most of servers are useless mods, Vanilla is going to die cuz of mods. And let's think together... if vanilla will die, mods will die with it.

The MOD community splits mostly into 2 peices: race and instagib(or mods with insta).
So those are the only REALLY successfull mods. and tell me 1 much played MOD that has just 1 line of code changed (insta doesnt count its classic ^^)

The mod buttons that i suggested would help making other mods more accessible to noobs, and if they like the MOD then they play it.
Isnt that the whole point of teeworlds? Playing it? Or is the point playing vanilla?
Some people out  there just dont like vanilla and thats a fact. But they like teeworlds so they play mods.

And why would tw die with vanilla? I cant see any connection there...

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...