Re: Teewars physics and/or netcode

matricks wrote:

Just a friendly reminder, they are grenades, not rockets. Rockets are self-propelled. They are just named wrong in the code.

I'm well aware of it being a nade launcher. Thing is we (as in I) need a rocket launcher. If you want to keep the nade launcher the nade launcher do so but nade launchers suck by definition, just look at the Q3 nade launcher. If you introduce another versatile weapon that could be a leading one, I'm fine with it.

matricks wrote:

Okey, so almost all agree that somethings in the teewars physics must change. The question isn't if we should change something, the question is what we should change.

Yes, absolutely.

matricks wrote:

I suggest that we increase the running speed to about 450-500ish. Call the hook fine. Introduce a terminal velocity for tees at 1000 ups to remove insane velocities. Increase the grenade to ~850 ups. Increase gun and shotgun with 100 ups.

Uhm increasing the running speed. I really like the way the basic movement sucks (:P) and enforces hook usage. If you increase the running speed you shift towards more running less hook I suppose. Has to be tested I guess.

Terminal velocity, nothing to complain I guess. Might damp Q3-like movement bugs that allow you to virtually gain any speed if there are any. (Search youtube teewars bug, there's one)
Anyway, I think I could live with it. I think.

850 for the nade sounds good. It is still a nade but a better one probably. I still want to point out that maybe if the prediction-lag-compensation issue wasn't there, the current nade(!) launcher even was sufficient. I really liked playing without cl_predict - only movement sucked then wink

matricks wrote:

I'm well aware of the ever-changing-physics-ruins-the-game problem.

KRD wrote:

If this was post version 1.0, I would of course be raising the don't-do-what-Soldat-did alarm.

Call me stupid but I want to point out that Teewars is on top of a player wave right now. This already might be a critical point with the ESL ladder starting and the Giga coverage. It is likely that quite a few (better) players would hate such dramatic changes already.

I don't care.

Re: Teewars physics and/or netcode

I think both the rocket and movement speed is good as it is, just add inherited velocity and it is all great.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites