51 (edited by Franchan 2009-05-04 21:05:41)

Re: [MOD] Tee-Strike

i would say that either the guns are too cheap or you get too much money. once i easily had over $15000 with everything maxed out [the guns and ammo i wanted]. or maybe it was the difficulty of the other team...

- magic merlin you read me wrong. i want LESS servers so the gametype would have more popularity because there are more people in it. its like the FNG mod currently there are 13 people in the server. and why? its becasue there is only one server so people cant really be bored playing with only one to three poeple

-this mod desperatly needs a help thing it is only the second [third?] day of release and only one server is one third full. im assuming because mose people dont undesrstand this mod and the complexity of the buy system + different type guns with the same graphix

-can you make the spikes more solid? i think they are a bit thin and hard to see.
i always land in them

-the jump is horrible onece i was hooking oover the spikes and i thought the boost would help me go up and it did. i was about 2 tee spaces away from the spikes and i died..
cant you just make the tee heavier and not lighter?

Uff.. Gameplay has to increase!
and i think the main problem is the prizes of the weapons
I dont know if that was postet yet but i suggest to make
-eather 1 prize for all "shotguns" 1 for all "rifles" and 1 for all "grenade lunchers"
example:
Shotguns: 2500
Grenades: 3000
Rifles: 3500
-or 1 prize for the worst rifle the worst shotgun the worst grenade luncher
1 prize for the middle rifle middle shotgun middle grenade
1 for the best of those 3.
example:
worst: 2000
Middle: 2500
Best: 3000

Pistols:

and i suggest making the armor much cheaper like 1000 for half armor.
and ammo is less cheap too
is suggest 400 / 500

Of course u should make the weapons more fitting to the prizes then wink

«Honor øf Tees»
hot.bplaced.net/forum
We still search good Members

nah.
armor cheaper
guns more expensive.
pistols can stay the same

i have a bug [i think] everytime i get that boost [or any of thos other physics changes] it inturrupts my hooking. sad
i dont like that
and then i fall on the invisible spikes that are invisible sad

Franchan123 wrote:

nah.
armor cheaper
guns more expensive.
pistols can stay the same

There has to be a system..
I never know what i can buy for my money..
and the 2. rifle is defenetly better then the sharkbite xD

«Honor øf Tees»
hot.bplaced.net/forum

55 (edited by Franchan 2009-05-04 22:00:07)

-never mind about the jumps. its only me with the ping. that may explain why i dont like the movment in the water mod either. hmm
i guess i wont be able to play teestrike properly then

We can't put prices for everything in a category - the prices has been balanced over and over to match the properties, cons/pros, and the flexibility. Also, it's only a matter of playing the mod for some time till you know what to buy and when. Generally spoken - shotguns are the cheapest, then grenade/rifle. Guns are ofc even cheaper. The weapon ranking isn't that rock solid, depends on situation and user. Therefor we wont have those stages. Also, we don't want to have a level built buy system, since it shouldn't be so hard for a team having a loser streak to get back into the game.

Franchan123 wrote:

-can you make the spikes more solid? i think they are a bit thin and hard to see.
i always land in them

Yeah, I got that point! The barbed wire gfx are more a concept/test, they are not that teeish at present either.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Done compiling the MOD for Mac...

going to post a download link to it tomorrow after school..

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

MertenNor wrote:

Done compiling the MOD for Mac...

going to post a download link to it tomorrow after school..

MertenNor

Big thanks to Merten smile

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

thanks smile
maybe ill enjoy it more then

Coold0wn wrote:

Uff.. Gameplay has to increase!
and i think the main problem is the prizes of the weapons
I dont know if that was postet yet but i suggest to make
-eather 1 prize for all "shotguns" 1 for all "rifles" and 1 for all "grenade lunchers"
example:
Shotguns: 2500
Grenades: 3000
Rifles: 3500
-or 1 prize for the worst rifle the worst shotgun the worst grenade luncher
1 prize for the middle rifle middle shotgun middle grenade
1 for the best of those 3.
example:
worst: 2000
Middle: 2500
Best: 3000

Pistols:

and i suggest making the armor much cheaper like 1000 for half armor.
and ammo is less cheap too
is suggest 400 / 500

Of course u should make the weapons more fitting to the prizes then wink

I'm interested in why you think the prices are the problem. smile Is it the individual pricing or something? I think the main difference between vanilla Teeworlds and Tee-Strike is that you have to spend a bit more time understanding the weapons (duh, it's a lot more weapons), their use and remember their price. Still, I wanna hear what the problem is. :]

The proposition "I am the center" need never be uttered. It is the assumption upon which all certainty and all doubt turns.

I have already done a map for a mod like this for a long time
Here is the download link http://teedb.info/web/bobsmiley/maps/House_v2.map
Please golvmopp or anybody other from the developers of this mod, rework the map to the mod because I dont know with what I can edit my map or how.

63 (edited by MertenNor 2009-05-05 12:55:52)

hi..

so here is the link to Tee-Strike for Mac smile

Link: http://eigan.no/tee/tee-strike/
(do this to the download link.. I want people to see the site )

thanks for the mod smile

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

MertenNor wrote:

hi..

so here is the link to Tee-Strike for Mac smile

Link: http://eigan.no/tee/tee-strike/
(do this to the download link.. I want people to see the site )

thanks for the mod smile

MertenNor

Added to our site. smile Thanks for compiling.

The proposition "I am the center" need never be uttered. It is the assumption upon which all certainty and all doubt turns.

what do you think about the two main weapons pro tee idea ._.
i rly miss the weapon switching the pistol isnt enough

I dont think that 2 main weapons would be a good idea...
Every weapons would just have pros because the cons could be balanced with the other main weapon.
If u miss a strong secondary weapon by the 2nd pistole wink

I got an idea for a ts MOD.... but since it has something to do with zombie MODs u probably dont wanna hear it XD

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

67 (edited by Franchan 2009-05-05 20:55:47)

theres no way you can properly balance 12 weapons. its just really hard especially for diferent skill levels

hmm

like always. hosting a server doesnt work.

thanks for compiling to mac! smile

EDIT: graphics dont work flag ammo and weapons are blurry squares. i looked into the application and why is there the hand drawn skin in there?
>.<

Well i think the weapon prizes are too different for each..
there should be a system.
any way armor and ammo are to expensive..
and if u dont want to make other prizes, u could change the prizes of sharkbite and the 2. rifle
the one with green laser .. its op xD

«Honor øf Tees»
hot.bplaced.net/forum

There are still not many players around which is sad, because this mod is so much fun! >_<

bam: WARNING:'src/game/server/gamemodes/mod.cpp' comes from the future

shmafoozius wrote:

There are still not many players around which is sad, because this mod is so much fun! >_<

Ppl need the modded client to get the fun. And they need to get used to the new weapons, buy menu and to the "survival" mode. It changes nearly the whole gameplay. Defense is now very important. I like the mod as it is now ...

well, i actually agree, but i dislike the buy funktion.

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

The Messenger wrote:

Why do you dislike it?

The same problem with buying like in cs: if you came to the server in middle game (or your team sux) then you have less money then the others. I dont think it can be deserved but its for your knowing

Stay wild big_smile

Somerunce wrote:
The Messenger wrote:

Why do you dislike it?

also i dislike it... it is annoying to use it... and compared to other big games like CSS it's nothing... the idea is good, the result not so good...

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

75 (edited by madi 2009-05-06 16:46:13)

First of all i love this mod. It's awesome. 

But there is one thing i don't like:
Teeworlds players are mostly NOT active in this forum they don't know that there is a different client that improves buying and mostly they simply want to play and not to tweak their game for every mod. So they have to buy by chat. People who actually use the client just rush to the enemy base and kill the still buying players. Those loose their money, are sad and leave. Only effect left, one person is happy to get much kills and the servers are often empty, because everyone leaves.
Long story short:
Is it possible to make the buy time longer at "official" teestrike server? Or even better: would it be possible to make players invincible till they press buy? So that they maybe only can be killed by deathspikes (like at the end of each round)?

I think then much more people would play the mod and it would be far more funny! big_smile