Re: [MOD] Tee-Strike

|X-treme|Bee wrote:

Awesome mod! [+]
Do I need to down-lode any weapon skins for it to look right?

download the client: http://teetv.info/tee-strike/main
You need to use it instead of the normal client to get access to all tee-strike features. It replaces the standard client completely.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

yes... but seems u can play at not modifed servers

Icq 356259771
JID:wixur@jabber.ru

dinosmoothie wrote:

Download the whole client mod, it has a really nice gameskin and i reccomend it.

Landil wrote:

download the client: http://teetv.info/tee-strike/main
You need to use it instead of the normal client to get access to all tee-strike features. It replaces the standard client completely.

Thanks, guys, but I figured out. wink
I have got to hand it to you, it pwns so hard it weighs 1 ton.

Btw, can you give a long list of things on what type of gun would be best suit what type of map/ the player you are playing? Because it confuses me... alot... :C

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

|X-treme|Bee wrote:

Btw, can you give a long list of things on what type of gun would be best suit what type of map/ the player you are playing? Because it confuses me... alot... :C

I think a weapon guide is a good idea, but until one is created, you could take a look at the TeeWiki page. The information is kinda outdated (I should fix that soon), but it could give you a hint. smile

Happy you like it!

The proposition "I am the center" need never be uttered. It is the assumption upon which all certainty and all doubt turns.

Maybe i missed it somewhere but would should i bind for a reload bind?

And i hate the jumping boost too XD
Its rly weird... but finally i know where its coming from ^^

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

31 (edited by Franchan 2009-05-03 21:36:35)

@ Golvmopp from page 1
oh. i meant a link to the client in the teeworlds server. so other people will enjoy it more.
anyways. i have a mac cant download it yet sad

-and if the jump boost is and advantage then can there be an option to turn it off? if its an advantage theres no harm done smile
[when you jump higher. your more vulnerable if you dont hook and sometimes its is hard to controll without hooking really fast in tswinter]

@ magic merlin page 1
we didnt really have to wait long compared to how long i think they have been testing it for. i remember a really horrible server that had a buy system and everything and it was the flag capture mod that is in teestrike now but it was played on an oversized dm1 server. i thought it was really bad -.-

Magic Merlin wrote:

Maybe i missed it somewhere but would should i bind for a reload bind?

And i hate the jumping boost too XD
Its rly weird... but finally i know where its coming from ^^

If you wanna bind a key for manual reload, you go into Settings -> Tee-Strike.

Franchan123 wrote:

-and if the jump boost is and advantage then can there be an option to turn it off? if its an advantage theres no harm done smile
[when you jump higher. your more vulnerable if you dont hook and sometimes its is hard to controll without hooking really fast in tswinter]

"Reward" was probably a bad way to put it. It's something that changes how the game is played, the same way you get heavy when you buy a Big Moma. It's really just a matter of getting used to it.

We've seen in earlier testing that the ability to jump higher is a great thing for a flag carrier or when you do hit-and-runs.

The proposition "I am the center" need never be uttered. It is the assumption upon which all certainty and all doubt turns.

33 (edited by Landil 2009-05-03 22:38:22)

Hej guys, please keep in mind, that we made all the testing with ~4-5 players with nearly the same skill lvl. Of course we saw some balancing issues and the need of several small adjustments, but for these things we need heavy user testing and your feedback.

If you have suggestions pls feel free and post them here. I would be pleased if every forum player would give a detailed feedback incl. a short summary e.g. bullet points.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

-i dont have client so i am not too familiar with the guns but so far i know that the "good ol e betty" has a useless recoil. i think one of the guns [ratatat?] is better than it

-jumping boost - dont like. but since your set on the descision. can you make it smoother? because the boost is like jump and then you get a tee sized boost which is awkward

I think that Mr Rabbit is a bit too strong...
If there are some players on the server (like 4 on each team) everybody just spams mr everywhere and since its so unpredictable its almost immpossible to dogde many of the grenades...

Maybe it would be better if it would explode faster or make less dmg ( just 1 star)

Well, this is just my personal opinion.

And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw

Well, most of my ideas are kinda dumb... but I'll post them any way. >:}

I think the tee-scrike game skin would look alittle better with some changes... like so...
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/flowerchild7777777/tee-strike_idea.png
But one thing I think should be changed is the third rifle's ammo. (The one at the bottom left)
I think it looks much better than they plane circular one.

Btw is there any possibilities of adding a flamethrower to the next version?
(I can add some images if you want you know what my idea is)

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

37 (edited by Franchan 2009-05-04 00:28:09)

nah. for rabbit you just jump. if you have good aim. the rocket that does alot of damage and has 1.5 second reload is cheap in tswinter bucause the place is so narrow.

and can  you compile a mac version first before fixing weapons?

flame thrower seems like a great idea. as long as it is a slow one and not an instant blast in front of the tee like gctf

and i really think you should only make the mod private and not give out the source because it might turn out to be like the fng mod. there is only one server so it is really popular every time i play teeworlds  [so one server for each gametype + voting for maps]

38 (edited by Magic Merlin 2009-05-04 01:30:06)

@franchan:
If there are 4 Mr Rabbit bullets jumping arround and more coming in - some guys trying to kill u with laser rifle etc etc u cant just "jump" to dodge.
Sometimes Mr rabbit hits (and im not a bad dodger) and i think it deals 6 dmg right now - better would be 5 dmg.

Adding another weapon would requiere alot of coding i think... and flamthrowers can be veeeery different weapons.

Right now there are at least 3 servers... thats more than enough, they are almost all the time empty.

And about the jump boost - if ur on a server with a not so good conection the jump boost is like an explosion hitting u in the air. But on a good server its really usefull for capturing.

Last thing to say: I think there should be a bind for the buy menu.

39 (edited by Pepperoni 2009-05-04 01:49:59)

@Magic Merlin:
it's sunday evening and most players are european. This means that it is late and people have to work/school tomorrow wink.

Never argue with a fool, people might not know the difference.

WOHO, the next generation <3

41 (edited by Lappi 2009-05-04 15:21:00)

|X-treme|Bee wrote:

Well, most of my ideas are kinda dumb... but I'll post them any way. >:}
I think the tee-scrike game skin would look alittle better with some changes...

Sorry dude, but I do not like any proposal. sad Triangular shotty ammo? I do not know why it would improve the style? The crosshairs actually have an underlying concept and I like 'em very much. Don't you think your changes (e.g. the ammo, the laser beam) do not fit the classic tee-style, do they?

But thx for your constructive feedback smile

[Edit: fixed typo]

Question? search function
Short movies? Lappi's link loft
Teeworlds info'n'tuts on gfx? Landil's sketchbook

woahh who ever helped making this mod is awsome xP
the buy interfacse is great always hoped that somebody will make it like that without typing numbers
and the new weapons and crossair look great but i dont like the fact that there re still 3 wepons rilfe shotgun rl i miss something new
i know that a rly new weopne is hard to make but it would be awsome
and so on great work keep it up i didnt thought that i will like the game modes but they make fun big_smile

I like the mod, but somehow that green fast shooting rifle seems a bit overpowered... you'll get killed easily and the owner can buy much ammo because it's so easy to kill with it.

Also, the cheapest shotgun seems a bit strong with it's two shots. At first I thought I was lagging so bad until I realised it's normal. xD

bam: WARNING:'src/game/server/gamemodes/mod.cpp' comes from the future

What I've got so far (correct me if I'm wrong):

Mr. Rabbit needs to be nerfed.
- I'm thinking decreasing the rate of fire, and make it do either 4 or 5 dmg.

The gun-only jumping boost needs some smoothening.
- Perhaps lower the impact a little bit?

The maps need tweaking.
- Can agree with that, we haven't tested the maps with so many players before.

Nerf the peashooter
- Perhaps decreasing the ammo with 1 and increase the reload time will fix this.

New weapons?
- Will look over this for 0.2.0.

Lappi wrote:

Sorry dude, but I do not like any proposal. sad Triangular shotty ammo? I do not know why it would improve the style? The crosshairs actually have an underlying concept and I like 'em very much. Don't you think your changes (e.g. the ammo, the laser beam) do not fit the classic tee-style, do they?

But thx for your constructive feedback smile

[Edit: fixed typo]

Well mostly all the shotguns ammo where the same.
But that idea, didn't really mater that much.

Somerunce wrote:

New weapons?
- Will look over this for 0.2.0.

Well for weapons...
I made a little image of what the flamethrower would look like.

Flamethrower

* Price: 6600tc
    * Damage: 1 per 0.5 second
    * Rate of fire: Constant
    * Reload time: 4
    * Range: Small
    * Other lights tee's on fire for tops of 5 seconds.
    * Pros: Perfect to give damage to alot of tee's at once.
    * Cons: Has a shooting spree of 3 secs, can give damage to you and teammates.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/flowerchild7777777/flamethrower.png

In action!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/flowerchild7777777/new_gun_inaction.jpg

How it would work.

To see how much "ammo' you have let, there is would ether be a percentage at the top of the screen: "62% Gas Left", Or if someone can modify the vote function to use the green bar for how much you have left, and the red bar how much you don't any more.

Another interesting thing about it is you can light the tee's on fire, (Only the tee's) also your teammates and yourself (How this can happen is, if you light a tee on fire and the tee walks in to you, you will ignite). Once you light a tee on fire (if the tee doesn't move), it will burn for tops of 5 sec's taking 1 damage each time, but if you move around a lot it will go away faster... least amount of time would be, 1 sec.

Wouldn't the ability to damage your own team be an easy way for people to disrupt the game experience of others? I really like the idea of a flamethrower but we can't ignore that there will be people who abuse it for their childish attention gaining.

One thing I'm curious to know is how the whole buy system is holding up. Does it balance the weapons in a reasonable way? Is it too complicated (plx give ideas for improvements)? Is it effective or ineffective?

Changes? Improvements? Give us your opinions!

i dont like that guny like the good ol betty count like a normal gun because its useless for attack or defending and just for fast flag stealing
i would like if you could baught 2 weopns and not 1 and a pistol
so gameplay would make more fun with switching weapons perhaps you could make new melee weapons
so every tee would have
-strong weapon slot
-weaker or just diffrent weapon slot
-mele weapon slot

remind me of tf2 xP
dunno if you like that idead but i think it would make the gameplay better then now everybody is just using one weapon what make it kind of boring

@golvmopp

Actually the buy system for me was just awesome.. Loved it. Reminded me of counterstrike.

Maybe 1 little thing, When you click primary weapons --> shotguns, and you go back,  you should come out in primary weapons selection menu instead of the main menu. That would make everything awesome smile

Never argue with a fool, people might not know the difference.

Azon wrote:

Wouldn't the ability to damage your own team be an easy way for people to disrupt the game experience of others? I really like the idea of a flamethrower but we can't ignore that there will be people who abuse it for their childish attention gaining.

Hum... then how about let's say: Blue tee lights on fire red tee, red tee goes to blue tee's teammate and lights on fire?
So rather than the blue tee lighting on fire blue tee's teammate. (So n00bs can't start it)

I'm trying to give the flamethrower a kind of twist... (Definitely not for noobs to play with)

Golvmopp wrote:

One thing I'm curious to know is how the whole buy system is holding up. Does it balance the weapons in a reasonable way? Is it too complicated (plx give ideas for improvements)? Is it effective or ineffective?

Changes? Improvements? Give us your opinions!

Well I haven't play it that long... But so far, I think it is good. wink
You guys did an excellent job!